Glad I'm out of this Part2

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
After all, it's your business, right? But then they tell you that you can't use your vehicle for anything other than FedEx. That sounds likes Fred's business being operated by a bunch of puppets.
Hey, Fred loves puppets so much that's all he wants to work for him. Nonetheless, when they're telling you that you can't use your vehicle for anything else, if that doesn't shout SCAM, then I don't know what does.

bbsam

Staff member
Hey, Fred loves puppets so much that's all he wants to work for him. Nonetheless, when they're telling you that you can't use your vehicle for anything else, if that doesn't shout SCAM, then I don't know what does.
We use ours for other stuff all the time.

It will be fine

It seems you guys delight in being ignorant. We lease our vehicles to FedEx. That allows us to operate under their DOT number and be covered by their indemnity insurance. It also means FedEx is responsible for their safe operation. This lease arrangement is very common in the transportation industry. It is regulated by the DOT. I imagine it's easier for the DOT to deal with one giant corp to ensure compliance than dealing with 10,000 little companies. You won't find a motor carrier that will allow you to transport someone else's cargo under their DOT number. It's how the arrangement works. Don't let facts get in your way though, just keep yelling scam.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It seems you guys delight in being ignorant. We lease our vehicles to FedEx. That allows us to operate under their DOT number and be covered by their indemnity insurance. It also means FedEx is responsible for their safe operation. This lease arrangement is very common in the transportation industry. It is regulated by the DOT. I imagine it's easier for the DOT to deal with one giant corp to ensure compliance than dealing with 10,000 little companies. You won't find a motor carrier that will allow you to transport someone else's cargo under their DOT number. It's how the arrangement works. Don't let facts get in your way though, just keep yelling scam.

Great, go tell the other posters who have been saying it's OK to use your FedEx logoed vehicle for other purposes. This simply confirms that your FedEx vehicle is for the exclusive use of Mr. Smith.

It will be fine

Great, go tell the other posters who have been saying it's OK to use your FedEx logoed vehicle for other purposes. This simply confirms that your FedEx vehicle is for the exclusive use of Mr. Smith.
You can use them elsewhere, you just have to cover all the logos and DOT number. You can't run anything else while providing service for FedEx.

BoxDriver

There were two contractors at my terminal that did also have contracts outside fedex ground. Both did however have separate trucks and drivers for the other delivery companies. It really would be difficult to use a fedex ground or home delivery branded vehicles for another company long term. If a contractor had a few spares around and knew some companies that just needed some piece work deliveries during fedex slower times that wouldn't be much trouble to work out.

bacha29

Thenwe have no business using a site made available by UPS. No. It's a republican majority and it is by no means perpetual. Ask Newt Gingrich and Don Rumsfeld about what happened to them after the 2006 mid term election. Now as for the use of company labeled vehicles for other use. Where are you going to find the HOS to do after hours hauling anyway.? As for doing that , hasanybody found anything in the Marsh group fleet insurance regarding general business liability coverage? That's important. Let me tell you a little story. Afew years back a woman claims to have been injured from falling over a box USPS placed at her front . She sued the post office and won. Going forward I never saw where the Marsh accident insurance contract dealt with anything pertaining to anything other than the truck and driver.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Thenwe have no business using a site made available by UPS. No. It's a republican majority and it is by no means perpetual. Ask Newt Gingrich and Don Rumsfeld about what happened to them after the 2006 mid term election. Now as for the use of company labeled vehicles for other use. Where are you going to find the HOS to do after hours hauling anyway.? As for doing that , hasanybody found anything in the Marsh group fleet insurance regarding general business liability coverage? That's important. Let me tell you a little story. Afew years back a woman claims to have been injured from falling over a box USPS placed at her front . She sued the post office and won. Going forward I never saw where the Marsh accident insurance contract dealt with anything pertaining to anything other than the truck and driver.
This site isn't made available by UPS.

D is correct. This site was started and is owned by the wife of a now retired UPSer.

bacha29

Hey Bounty: Are you hearing the same things I'm hearing from SWA's in the states due to go ISP next year.? Many of the SWA's in those states that have the opportunity to acquire additional routes are having a hard time finding a lender who will write a loan for them collateralised with proprietary rights and goodwill which are intangible assets that have no book value and can be revoked at any time for any reason by the contractors one and only customer FXG. Lenders are unwilling to write loans for any amount higher than the book value of the trucks involved. Given that banks are required by the Fed to maintain higher capital reserves but can borrow fron the Fed at0% then buy Treasury Bills that earn a sure bet 3%or more, what fool of a bank would write some contractor a $200,000l loan when the only thing the guy has with any tangible value is a couple of the fastest depreciating pieces of equipment known to the U.S. economy?