Glad to pay union dues

jimstud

Banned
Jim:

I don't know what a supervisor did to you 22 years ago. Whatever it was, why do you think it okay to post a mis-truth yourself?

I posted my source. Did you look it up? I took the time to backup what I posted.

Again, rather than find out the facts, you choose to stick you your opinion regardless of the facts.

If you want to discuss how you were treated wrongly, fine... If you want to say that you are glad you're in the union and pay dues, I agree with you.

If you want to make up information.... Well, that's what you did.

P-Man
all i know is that when kelley was on meet the press in 97 ( i don't really remember if it was meet the press but it was 1 of the sunday morning news shows) they stated his salary as 4 mil. now why did he not deny it?all he did was rant and rave about drivers making 70k a year. now you have a ceo of a billion dollar company lying on a national news program and you are getting pissy with me for numbers that might be slightly skewed?where were you in 97 ,ohthat's right,right behind your lying fearless leader the absolute perfect model of ups supervision,a lying scumbag.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
all i know is that when kelley was on meet the press in 97 ( i don't really remember if it was meet the press but it was 1 of the sunday morning news shows) they stated his salary as 4 mil. now why did he not deny it?all he did was rant and rave about drivers making 70k a year. now you have a ceo of a billion dollar company lying on a national news program and you are getting pissy with me for numbers that might be slightly skewed?where were you in 97 ,ohthat's right,right behind your lying fearless leader the absolute perfect model of ups supervision,a lying scumbag.

Calm down dude...not all UPS supes are bad...its just that the good ones leave when they find out they have a conscience.:devil3:

DS

Fenderbender
Do you care to back up your statements with some proof??

I certainly do not remember Jim Kelly getting $22M. I searched around and found him getting about $2M.

There are no corporate jets.

Where are the lavish retreats?

Unless your intent was just rhetoric, please post some proof.

P-Man
You may not realize it pretz but even 2 million is enough to live it up at will.When it gets close to 100 million ,to me that's just greed.Who cares what apple or domtar execs get.I ask you ,how many million dollars would it take to keep Jim Kelly happy?When does it turn from a job into an empire?They dont need to use ups planes,they can go anywhere in the world anytime because us drivers worked like bastards to get them there.
I realize that its a business that needs to have rules,but the fact that they didn't make as much as last year should not make it open season for taking advantage of the one thing that got them where they are.
Truth is, it pisses me off.
I don't mind working hard every day,all I ask is that I get lunch.

brownIEman

explain to me why i should take anything you posted as fact ? all you are is a made up name on a computer screen and a ups supervisor too boot. would you like to know why i think all ups supervisors are lying scumbag dogs? the first words out of a supervisors mouth to me was a lie and that pattern has continued pretty much the same for the past 22 years. " jim in one year we will put you on the road." well it was only 6 years of getting up at 4 am to load 4 brownies and have some part time butthole scream in my ear faster, faster that i finally got my shot at fulltime.in the past 22 years especially the past 16 of full time i watched supervisors lie ,cheat and otherwise treat people like smile*. and it all comes from the top down,we all have seen the march memo. FIND ONE DRIVER HANG HIM OUT TO DRY AND THE REST WILL FALL IN LINE.real class company ups is . that is why i am glad to pay union dues.

Sounds like someones inner preloader needs a hug.

explain to me why i should take anything you posted as fact ? all you are is a made up name on a computer screen and a ups supervisor too boot. would you like to know why i think all ups supervisors are lying scumbag dogs? the first words out of a supervisors mouth to me was a lie and that pattern has continued pretty much the same for the past 22 years. " jim in one year we will put you on the road." well it was only 6 years of getting up at 4 am to load 4 brownies and have some part time butthole scream in my ear faster, faster that i finally got my shot at fulltime.in the past 22 years especially the past 16 of full time i watched supervisors lie ,cheat and otherwise treat people like smile*. and it all comes from the top down,we all have seen the march memo. FIND ONE DRIVER HANG HIM OUT TO DRY AND THE REST WILL FALL IN LINE.real class company ups is . that is why i am glad to pay union dues.

Someone didn't take their pill...Jim why didn't the union get you driving sooner?

pretzel_man

You may not realize it pretz but even 2 million is enough to live it up at will.When it gets close to 100 million ,to me that's just greed.Who cares what apple or domtar execs get.I ask you ,how many million dollars would it take to keep Jim Kelly happy?When does it turn from a job into an empire?They dont need to use ups planes,they can go anywhere in the world anytime because us drivers worked like bastards to get them there.
I realize that its a business that needs to have rules,but the fact that they didn't make as much as last year should not make it open season for taking advantage of the one thing that got them where they are.
Truth is, it pisses me off.
I don't mind working hard every day,all I ask is that I get lunch.

If the question was whether Jim Kelly (or Eskew, or Davis, or Hoffa) make a lot of money there would be no argument from me.

If I had my way, teachers would make more than any of them. However, Sports stars, Actors, and CEO's make lots of money.

My problem is when people post inaccurate information. I have posted facts. Jim, show me the facts on the $22M, lavish retreats, corporate jets.

There is enough real corporate stupidity to attack wihtout making up more.

P-Man

tieguy

Banned
you prove to me it is outrageous, i go by supervisor mentality guilty till proven otherwise. i stand by what i said about kelley. i remember that muttering stuttering maroon on meet the press right before the strike in 97 crying about drivers making 70k a year,what a joke.they brought up his pay ratethat is where i got my numbers from. prove me wrong. and you are right i am a great guy to have next to you on the picket line.and another thing till ups is breaking even or losing money i want and deserve a raise every year because my brothers and i make ups their money.

you don't remember it as well as you think you do. Jim Kelly was on meet the press during the strike not before. Jim was also repeatedly pressed about replacement workers and kept saying he just wanted his people back. Jim was not the muttering stuttering maroon on the news. that honor went to Lea Supota and our labor manager who's name escapes me.

tieguy

Banned

all you're doing is making yourself look like a fool. There are no corporate jets and your made up salary numbers are clear fabrication. Your little hate trip with management has you spewing wrong information.

you don't remember it as well as you think you do. Jim Kelly was on meet the press during the strike not before. Jim was also repeatedly pressed about replacement workers and kept saying he just wanted his people back. Jim was not the muttering stuttering maroon on the news. that honor went to Lea Supota and our labor manager who's name escapes me.
I guess that would be Dave "L,B, & FO" Murray

So are you saying that you are glad to pay union dues because you don't have the gahones to leave? What makes you think the grass is any greener on the other side...have you ever worked on the other side.

jimstud

Banned
So are you saying that you are glad to pay union dues because you don't have the gahones to leave? What makes you think the grass is any greener on the other side...have you ever worked on the other side.
fist of all it takes more balls to stay and second of all i could not turn into a the kind of person it takes to be a ups supervisor. in other words check your integrity at the door.

fist of all it takes more balls to stay and second of all i could not turn into a the kind of person it takes to be a ups supervisor. in other words check your integrity at the door.

Fist of all check your spelling! Also,I mentioned nothing about a supervisor or supervision. Your comments are full of anger and hostility. Do you swear it's raining in the morning before you look outside?

jimstud

Banned

Fist of all check your spelling! Also,I mentioned nothing about a supervisor or supervision. Your comments are full of anger and hostility. Do you swear it's raining in the morning before you look outside?
well if your not talking about supervision than what is the other side? i am so glad that the building you work at is all lollipops and candycanes.try being the steward for a month or two and see what your hostility level is .

well if your not talking about supervision than what is the other side? i am so glad that the building you work at is all lollipops and candycanes.try being the steward for a month or two and see what your hostility level is .

The other side is often referred to as another job. All your comments lead to a constant negative of UPS. My point is this...if you hate your job so much why stay...just move on.