Global supply chain by Amazon.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wow. You guys are all over the place. I was talking about UPS STOCK PRICE. Not Amazon or Apple's. And how Walstreet tends to recognize the difference between when a company is laying off in masses to trim fat and when they have to lay off that many as a result of losing customers/business. I'm pointing this out because stock value is corporate's #1 concern. And I do agree that they have a long-term plan and strategy for losing Amazon. And it's likely nothing more than those very layoffs. Walstreet will recognize why.

The only way around that is for corporate to phase Amazon out before they phase us out. Because in Walstreet perception and timing is everything. Amazon's weakness could very well be projected onto UPS should UPS allow themselves to be phased out instead of the other way around.

The link below touches on what I'm saying.

http://www.investopedia.com/stock-analysis/2013/layoffs-and-the-stock-market-c-hpq0123.aspx

@Orion's my new BFF has only mentioned a dozen times that the plan is to phase Amazon out over the next 5 years.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Here's the other thing. Ups is integrated internationally. Amazon is not. Amazon doesn't have a presence in Asia like it should if it wants to put ups out of business. That's one of the many reasons they are taking on too many industries.

How many retailers or even manufactures that compete with Amazon are going to hand over their supply and logistics business to them? I'm guessing not any if it threatens their own business.

Overpaid Union Thug

They're not going to announce Monday they're done with FedEx and UPS, it's going to happen over time. By the time they're done phasing us out they will announce it and the lost revenue will already be out there for everyone to see. It's not going to be some shock to Wall Street causing the stock to dive 25%
Who said anything about a sudden announcement? I know I didn't. And don't think Walstreet won't notice a steady stream of lost volume and layoffs. It may take a year or two but they'll notice. The key is the perception. Will they percieve UPS as weakening or will they see Amazon as for what they really are?

Overpaid Union Thug

That's what our DM said he heard. Ups isn't stupid on all levels. In some aspects, they know what they're doing. I'm confident this is one of those situations
They'll likely screw it up. They won't be able to help themselves. Anyone whose worked for ups for a while should know that any time they start making cuts they tend to take it a little farther than they should. Just like during the recession. They made massive cutbacks in areas that weren't even affected by it. And Wall Street will likely take notice if they hadn't already. I honestly don't care but I am saying as much just to reiterate my point about ups only caring about the stock price. And their past habits will only likely worsen things in that regard.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
They'll likely screw it up. They won't be able to help themselves. Anyone whose worked for ups for a while should know that any time they start making cuts they tend to take it a little farther than they should. Just like during the recession. They made massive cutbacks in areas that weren't even affected by it. And Wall Street will likely take notice if they hadn't already. I honestly don't care but I am saying as much just to reiterate my point about ups only caring about the stock price. And their past habits will only likely worsen things in that regard.
Let's cross that bridge when and if we get there. If ups is a sinking ship, why are you still here?

I know they do stupid stuff but they aren't going to let Amazon drive us out of business.

Overpaid Union Thug

Let's cross that bridge when and if we get there. If ups is a sinking ship, why are you still here?

I know they do stupid stuff but they aren't going to let Amazon drive us out of business.
It's a sinking ship with a tiny hole. Meaning..... still salvageable. The beginning of your last sentence is precisely why we should all be concerned. And I never said Amazon will put us out of business. My only points in this discussion is that the stockholders could possibly take a hit and that plenty of jobs could be phased out over time. But I do not believe that the sky is falling anytime soon. And I would not leave the company with all of the time I have in it for any of the reasons that have been discussed here. That would be rather stupid.

watdaflock?

nough said
Interesting article
wat?

Amazon will implode. Not knowing that you're selling an item that is out of stock is a big part of the "supply" in "supply chain". Too often do people place orders, only to find out a few days later that its out of stock.
I'm betting against them and their attempt at an immediate successful global supply chain.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

Holy :censored2: you finally spelled Wall Street right.

Overpaid Union Thug

Sue me.

Attachments

• 1455322784899.jpg
    1455322784899.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 180

kingOFchester

Here's the other thing. Ups is integrated internationally. Amazon is not. Amazon doesn't have a presence in Asia like it should if it wants to put ups out of business. That's one of the many reasons they are taking on too many industries.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazo...3bmpvBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

Its not about putting UPS out of business. Its about bringing their shipping costs down. They bring it in house, it would benefit them to move other companies work as they move their work.

Brownslave688

kingOFchester

Estimates are we give them a 70% discount on shipping rates.

I won't pretend to know the numbers but do they really think they can do it much cheaper than that?

I think Amazon knows a little something. Most on here seem to put a lot of faith in the same people that implemented Orion in its current state and the countless other useless things. But have no faith in Amazon, who has twice our revenue.

Brownslave688

I think Amazon knows a little something. Most on here seem to put a lot of faith in the same people that implemented Orion in its current state and the countless other useless things. But have no faith in Amazon, who has twice our revenue.
I think if Amazon had a clue they'd of made some money 20 years into business.

kingOFchester

I think if Amazon had a clue they'd of made some money 20 years into business.

Sounds like the current UPS mentality. Show me the money this quarter so I can get my bonus and inflate the stock price. Who cares about the future.

Amazon spends massive amounts of money on building their business. If they stopped investing in the future, i.e building fulfillment centers, logistics, entertainment productions, cloud services and so much more, they would show a huge profit. They currently make money on almost everything they sell and do. But then the growth would stop.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

Sounds like the current UPS mentality. Show me the money this quarter so I can get my bonus and inflate the stock price. Who cares about the future.

Amazon spends massive amounts of money on building their business. If they stopped investing in the future, i.e building fulfillment centers, logistics, entertainment productions, cloud services and so much more, they would show a huge profit. They currently make money on almost everything they sell and do. But then the growth would stop.
Lots of companies invest plenty every year. Hell ups still invests a lot every year. Take a look at Amazon profits excluding one time charges (aka their investments within the company) it ain't that great.

Amazon has no identity. They aren't a retailer they aren't a tech company they aren't anything but a hodge podge