Global warming

MAKAVELI

On October 23, 2015, Southern California Gas Company workers discovered a leak in one of the over 110 wells at the Aliso Canyon natural-gas storage facility, about one mile north of homes in Porter Ranch. The gas leak began spewing 110,000 pounds of methane per hour. SoCal Gas estimated that it would take three to four months to stop it. The leak involved gas stored under pressure in an underground well; the stored gas included mercapatan (tert-Butylthiol), an odorant added to the odorless natural gas to produce a "rotten egg" smell for safety.[6] The California Air Resources Board estimated that the leak increased California's methane-gas emissions by 25%.[7]
http://news.yahoo.com/massive-natur...0NThjBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM1BHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--
Why hasn't anyone here reported this ?
It's in the California thread.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
But it belongs here to .
All my efforts to reduce the effects of Global Warming were wasted by one state failure to control their own problem .

MAKAVELI

But it belongs here to .
All my efforts to reduce the effects of Global Warming were wasted by one state failure to control their own problem .
Good job Baba. But it wasn't the state that let this problem get out of control, it was the Southern California Gas Company. Good ol American capitalism at work at Americans expense.;)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In my state utilities are privately own but under state guidance . No rates increases can be made without approval of the state government .
I naturally assumed CA. had similar conditions .

MAKAVELI

In my state utilities are privately own but under state guidance . No rates increases can be made without approval of the state government .
I naturally assumed CA. had similar conditions .
They cannot raise rates without approval here as well. But that is meant to keep these energy companies from gouging the consumer from lack of competition. It is the energy companies responsibility to inspect and repair its gas lines, electrical grids and facilities. Look up the https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_San_Bruno_pipeline_explosion for another example of these energy companies failing to maintain it infrastructure in the name of profit.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Much like most governmental agencies , if it works don't attempt to fix it until after something happens .
That explains why our highway bridges are rusting away .

moreluck

golden ticket member
On October 23, 2015, Southern California Gas Company workers discovered a leak in one of the over 110 wells at the Aliso Canyon natural-gas storage facility, about one mile north of homes in Porter Ranch. The gas leak began spewing 110,000 pounds of methane per hour. SoCal Gas estimated that it would take three to four months to stop it. The leak involved gas stored under pressure in an underground well; the stored gas included mercapatan (tert-Butylthiol), an odorant added to the odorless natural gas to produce a "rotten egg" smell for safety.[6] The California Air Resources Board estimated that the leak increased California's methane-gas emissions by 25%.[7]
http://news.yahoo.com/massive-natur...0NThjBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM1BHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--
Why hasn't anyone here reported this ?
Because we're all high on methane gas. I used to live lots closer to Aliso canyon than I do now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
M0ryLYm.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Hey, global warming followers .
Your prophet Al Gore got it wrong .
We are passed his deadline of the world ending , it's still here and fossils fuels are still being used .

Sportello

Not one word about the figures from January 2016?

There must be some nonsensical cartoon the deniers can post to refute actual science.