Global warming

I'm looking at buying a building that was put up in the 1830's along the East Coast.
It has stood here thru many hurricanes and other storms , yet FEMA has now declared that it is in danger of being in a possible flood zone.
It's built on a rock ledge , no chance that it's going to sink into the ground.
I'll have to pay another $13K / yr for flood insurance on top of having regular insurance.
And the locals have stated that the water levels around here have gone down.
So screw your computer models , they ain't worth anything.
Can you prove that it is not in a 100 year flood plane? That it has never flooded during the last 100 years. Food planes change over time.

all you guys gotta do is look at the photos of the annual arctic ice melt. the ice will be gone altogether in teh next decade. its not rocket science. you could also look at average temperatures across america or the world and see if its a record or not. these are simple basic things you can do.

you cant really say climate change is a conspiracy anymore than denying it is a conspiracy.
I can say, with all the ice that has melted over the last 50 years, that the waters around Vancouver island arn't any higher.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Can you prove that it is not in a 100 year flood plane? That it has never flooded during the last 100 years. Food planes change over time.
I have seen a US Coastal Map from 1852 that shows the area is above the flood plain Of course FEMA didn't exist than so I guess the point is moot.

rickyb

I can say, with all the ice that has melted over the last 50 years, that the waters around Vancouver island arn't any higher.
yea im unaware of it being any higher here either...but i have seen articles about islands which are going underwater.

rickyb

1*yKoG593bYSKXjZoZsrkoKQ.jpeg

rickyb

ok documentary. not enough mention about going vegan and gives too much credit to corrupt democrats.

i didnt know so many people depended on fish for food. or that they were already pumping out rising sea waters from miami

rickyb

Are you saying that way back in the 1880's they were checking the temperature of the oceans? I find that hard to believe. I think they had bigger things to worry about when sailing back then.
heck if i know, but alot of people dig that sorta thing so id say yes

rickyb

Here it was definitely last year. I believe it was worldwide too.
yea i just watched teh documentary below and at one point it was listing off in teh background the hottest global years on record and alot of htem were just recent and all in a row