Gloves for loaders...

Southwestern

When I worked the inside (handling a similar number of packages as you), I wore a pair of gloves I purchased from the Home Depot (store brand) for $10/12 pack. These gloves griped well & held strong for about two weeks, and I'd generally replace them after about four (in other words, one package would last me an entire year). I still use these now that I'm driving, but they last much longer and instead of tossing them out when they're unusable, I now toss them out when they stench.

functionalfool

You are right, I guess I don't need them, nor so I need to wipe my butt but it sure does feel better! Besides, they have saved me blood numerous times.

I can get UPS "brand" nitrile gloves with ups bucks (I assume everyone has ups bucks/points at their place??) but they don't grip well. I am considering buying Gorilla brand latex coated gloves online. Anyone ever used those?

Would totally buy the white puffy gloves pictured a few posts up but I have one too many fingers!!!

wayfair

swollen member
sweet baby jesus!!!!! 200 plus!!!! how long do the last?

try amazon, they are cheaper...

I'm 6'2", 230 and have been wearing them 8 months now... tread is real good.. got some S.O.L.E. insoles for them too

another driver I work with has had them 2 years... he's a bit smaller, maybe 150.

I used to have knee pain, I'm totally sold and would recommend!!

the last 10 years I had been wearing Red wings, which were good support, but these Ecco's are badass(2 pair).. plus it's a tax write off

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Best boots for drivers, and loaders too. Yes, expensive, but two things: they are built to last, and they one of the few boot companies that still are made here (Wisconsin).

Can't recommend them highly enough.

Weinbrenner USA

functionalfool

Just curious...Do all hubs/buildings have UPS bucks/points? We get them for doing things like catching a bag with incorrect tag, or going out of our way to save the company money.

Thanks for all the posts! I am going to try some of the gloves you guys recommended and will let you know which ones last the longest. Trying to find a website with all of them so I can buy a couple of each. A guy I work with is going half so I expect to burn through them quickly.

OptimusPrime

Just curious...Do all hubs/buildings have UPS bucks/points? We get them for doing things like catching a bag with incorrect tag, or going out of our way to save the company money.

Thanks for all the posts! I am going to try some of the gloves you guys recommended and will let you know which ones last the longest. Trying to find a website with all of them so I can buy a couple of each. A guy I work with is going half so I expect to burn through them quickly.

We still have the "UPS store" but it's a joke. Back in the day you got points for safe work weeks, attendance, etc. Could get a decent t-shirt or maybe a winter cap. Oh, but guess what? Management was using it to basically funnel free swag to friends and family, and the system went broke. Shocking I know.

OptimusPrime

try amazon, they are cheaper...

I'm 6'2", 230 and have been wearing them 8 months now... tread is real good.. got some S.O.L.E. insoles for them too
Amazon.com: SOLE Dean Karnazes Signature Series Insoles, Mens 10 /Womens 12: Shoes

another driver I work with has had them 2 years... he's a bit smaller, maybe 150.

I used to have knee pain, I'm totally sold and would recommend!!

the last 10 years I had been wearing Red wings, which were good support, but these Ecco's are badass(2 pair).. plus it's a tax write off

Unless we have a crackdown, I refuse to deliver in anything but nice cross trainers/basketball type shoes/athletic footwear. There archaic, must wear clod hopper type boots is crap.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Thorogood Boots: Men's USA Ultimate Cross Trainer Work Boots 834-6874

^^ These are the best, IMO! Union made, perfect for inside building, package, feeders, etc. i have these and Thorogood brown hiking boots. Both are great.

wayfair

swollen member
Unless we have a crackdown, I refuse to deliver in anything but nice cross trainers/basketball type shoes/athletic footwear. There archaic, must wear clod hopper type boots is crap.

In our center, they get so bored and will do shoe/sock audits... seriously...

I turned my ankle one day stepping out of PC onto a rock, 6 months after coming back to work from breaking that same leg...

the boots I wear will not let you turn your ankle that far.. plus, my feet were dry all summer long!!!