Gloves? Package handlers

Nostromo

I go thru a pair or mechanix or FG's in 2 months 3 if i apply duct tape and save em. For us package handlers if you use any what brand has been worth working with?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
l use weight lifting gloves bought at 5 below for driving purposes only because the fingers are exposed for more control. That's an option but those rubber/clothe ones are the best until summer makes them to sweaty. They have the ups emblem on top of the glove. I work in the yard with mine.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Are they any good for working the diad?
They're thin enough to be able to use the buttons on the diad as long as you don't get a size that's too big. I went with XL size once and they were too loose to hit the tiny buttons on the diad. I use the function keys for everything and rarely use the touch screen.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Tillman True Fit 1470's. Expensive as hell, but tough to wear out.

(A chemical plant I used to deliver to gave them to me. Order one size small so they stretch to fit your hand.)

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Here's a page of threads we've had about work gloves:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gloves+site:browncafe.com
To summarize:
Some people like the horrible nitrile rubber ones that make your hands all sweaty, wet and smell cuz they're cheaper than cheap. Some people like expensive gloves, well we're not sure why. Most people go with something cheap like the 3 for $10 I linked above, then you get the "You're all pusillanimous for wearing gloves...man up!" responses.

SmithBarney

As a handler I use to use those cotton ones with the blue rubber dipped palms.
Keep your hands warm and skin soft(my wife never could figure out how my hands were so soft.)

As a Driver I use Framing gloves, the Thumb and index finger are half fingers so you can use the DIAD buttons easily. but the rest stay warm... :)

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've been wearing the Ironclad Box Handlers for about 7 -8 years now. I love them like crazy. I have a heavy industrial route so I only get 2 moths or so out of a pair. About $15/pair on Amazon.
And these are the best gloves I have found that I can still get into my pockets with and use the DIAD as normal.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I've been wearing the Ironclad Box Handlers for about 7 -8 years now. I love them like crazy. I have a heavy industrial route so I only get 2 moths or so out of a pair. About $15/pair on Amazon.
And these are the best gloves I have found that I can still get into my pockets with and use the DIAD as normal.
Well I'm impressed they look professional and almost Super Hero.

Rainman

Its all good.
They're thin enough to be able to use the buttons on the diad as long as you don't get a size that's too big. I went with XL size once and they were too loose to hit the tiny buttons on the diad. I use the function keys for everything and rarely use the touch screen.
I'll have to try some. I've been using the nitrile gloves but they're not very warm. I like the old leather gloves but can't use them on DIAD 5 because of the smaller keys. I'll try some of the HD gloves you posted. Thanks.

platinum9898

As a package handler i needed gloves and a dust mask...now as a driver the only time i need gloves is the winter...100 pairs going to waist...

wayfair

swollen member
Tillman True Fit 1470's. Expensive as hell, but tough to wear out.

(A chemical plant I used to deliver to gave them to me. Order one size small so they stretch to fit your hand.)

I used to get all kinds of Tillman's from an oil rig supplier, 8 bux a pair... yellow ones are good, but your hands turn yellow if you don't have a glove liner.