Gloves

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'll probably sound like a big pusillanimous but wondering if any drivers use gloves?

I've worked inside for the last few years as a sorter, loader, unloader, train driver, etc and always have worn work gloves mostly because of the spit, blood, etc I've seen from the inside employees and because of the occasional leaker.

I've just started driving recently and my hands are perma-dirty & can't get them clean at the end of the day no matter how many times I wash them, they're cracked etc. I think I'd look dumb walking into a business wearing work gloves and if I wear my winter leather gloves it might not work great with the diad and can't wear them in the summer.

Yes, I feel like a buddy* typing this but wondering if any drivers wear gloves?

S

serenity now

mechanix wear with thin leather palms * you can drive and operate the diad with these on

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I'm a Preloader, but I've done my share of air, coverage & seasonal driving. I have very soft, feminine skin; my hands crack & bleed real easily so I always wear gloves. Most days, I unload, spa & sort, handling over 5,000 packages in less than four hours - thus finding comfortable, durable gloves is a challenge. For the past several years, I've been using a pair of Home Depot-branded gloves -- they grip strongly (especially important when unloading) and typically last about a month before wearing out (as measured in 'when my hands become dry and dirty'). When I drive, they last much longer -- typically two to three months. And best of all... a 12-pack is less than $10. (And no, I don't have any problems using the touchscreen on DIAD V). I've spent that much for a single pair of "fancy" gloves that didn't last much longer.

It also helps to use moisturizing soap & lotion daily. Dollar Tree sells a large selection of generic brands for $1 -- hand soap, bath soap & moisturizing creams. You should also have the "good stuff" -- e.g. Lava soap & Aveeno land lotion -- available for when things get bad, especially in the winter.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Ironclad box handler. I've worn these for years. They are a bit pricey at $20/pair on Amazon but I still have full function with diad and even reaching in my pockets for things. And once they get worn in a little I can even text on my iPhone with them still on. Some of the older models had some issues here and there but the new ones are SUPERB!!!!.

BHG-A.jpg

BHG-B.jpg

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I wear Ironclad like Cementups. They are great and you can work the DIAD with zero issues using the alpha key. The touch screen is horrible with no gloves so it obviously wont work with gloves.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I wear Ironclad like Cementups. They are great and you can work the DIAD with zero issues using the alpha key. The touch screen is horrible with no gloves so it obviously wont work with gloves.

I have no problems using the touchscreen on the DIAD, my iPhone or the self check-out at my local grocery store. You just gotta get use to it.

U

uber

Ironclad box handler. I've worn these for years. They are a bit pricey at $20/pair on Amazon but I still have full function with diad and even reaching in my pockets for things. And once they get worn in a little I can even text on my iPhone with them still on. Some of the older models had some issues here and there but the new ones are SUPERB!!!!.

BHG-A.jpg

BHG-B.jpg

How do those size? I'm thinking about ordering a pair, but not sure what size to get. I have pretty small hands, not ridiculously small, but small.

kingOFchester

No gloves. My hands sweat like a pig. Then I get the hand funk smell after a few days. Several drivers I drive with wear gloves, and during the PCM I can smell the funk coming from their hands.