GM supplier discount

Discussion in 'UPS Retirement Topics' started by ups79, Jul 28, 2013.

1. ups79

ups79 Active Member

When I was an employee we had a GM suppliers discount on a new car. We are getting ready to trade for a chevolet and I was wondering does anyone know whether as a retiree are we eligible for this discount on a new car?

2. klein

klein Für Meno :)

No clue !
    But, I can tell you the new Impala is getting the best hands up !
    Probably will become the car of the year.

3. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Admitting the problem is the first step.

To the op, if you GM discount code you should be able to take it to a dealer to make a purchase. I've never had one dig any deeper once you give them the paperwork.

4. derf3733

derf3733 Member

If you have access to upsers.com i think it will tell you

5. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

The GM discount is still listed on UPSers.com, but I don't think that retirees qualify. I hope I'm wrong, i got a good deal with Ford the last time I bought a new car.

6. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

At least in the Midwest, dealers will hook-up consumers with supplier discounts. Not a very hard thing to do.

7. bikerdan

bikerdan New Member

That's a good question. Earlier this year when I was buying a new Lincoln I tried getting on upsers.com to get the employee discount information, only to fine I was denied access. I called human resource and was told after 15 months retires are locked out of the web portal. I called a friend that got me the discount information I needed and the purchase was completed with no problems. From what I remember those discounts were available to current employees and retires. But not having access to the portal, how are you going to be able to us the discounts?

8. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Retiree discounts are only available on the Buick Park Avenue and Lasabre models.