God bless this widow for standing up to UPS

tieguy

Banned
Would you care to read my original post on this topic? I quoted it for you so you could revisit why I started it. Im punch drunk? Why are you calling people names? Calling peopel Idiot is a sign you have lost control of your rational.

I saw your cheap shot the first time you posted it. Red pissing your pants is not something to brag about or repost.:happy2:

local804

You have to be very careful when you ask such a question - Have you ever lost a loved one? Know your audience very well before you question - you certainly hit my raw spot....

My raw spot was hit once you said UPS did the right thing by offering a settlement.

local804

UPS did the right thing - offered a settlement. .

When UPS give light duty to employees with major injuries to cover up osha reportable injuries(lost time) is that the right thing? Its just another way to fudge the system. They would rather pay an employee 8 hrs a day for months than show lost time for serious injury. Some people get 30 days on light duty, some get 6 months, something is fishy!

Integrity

Binge Poster
tieguy,
I wasn't involved in the actual investigation of this death nor did I ever claim to be involved.

that was exactly my point. you have no idea what happened here yet you spouted off a bunch of crap that you believe may be correct. your defense is I or the company is now supposed to come a running to tell you where you're wrong. If you had any integrity you would know that you don't post half cocked assumptions.

tieguy,
You are wrong, I do have an idea what happened. You or anyone else is free to point out where my claims or statements are untrue. You are also free not to. I expect no one to come running nor do I care if they do. You are also free to agree when it is appropriate.

Your integrity sucks.

I try to speak the truth, and do what I say I am going to do. I feel I have done that here on the Brown Cafe. I also feel that when I am wrong I try to promptly admit it. It is my hope that you can prove the sad truth about the widespread lack of integrity of the management of UPS, as it is being revealed to me by their conduct, is not true. You have not done that. The manner by which you respond to most posts only confirms this truth. It is no surprise to me that many(not all) UPS management people, either currently employed or retired, have a serious problem with the word integrity. It is also no surprise to me that some management people here on the Brown Cafe, either currently employed or retired, may have a problem with the username Integrity.
Sincerely,
I

I recommend that if you want to challenge or check on the integrity of Integrity then you stop relying on my secret identity and start focusing on the issues and the truth behind my statements and claims.

I can't help it you wearing the name integrity is like a flat chested girl calling herself jugs. why not try start on a journey to find integrity for yourself.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
When UPS give light duty to employees with major injuries to cover up osha reportable injuries(lost time) is that the right thing? Its just another way to fudge the system. They would rather pay an employee 8 hrs a day for months than show lost time for serious injury. Some people get 30 days on light duty, some get 6 months, something is fishy!

I agree 100%. Happens all the time.
What about the driver, who for the 8 years he has been in my center has gone out on comp every year. He has not worked a full year in the 8 yrs I have known him. He has been out on comp since at least summer, all part of his scheme to bring a lawsuit against a driver who hit his truck - he was parked sorting packages in the rear when he was hit in the front. Refused to be checked out in hospital, insisted on continuing his route. The next day his girlfriend called in for him - told on road sup, when asked if was planning to sue, YOU BETTCHA YOUR ASS HE IS... SOMETHING FISHY, here..

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
My raw spot was hit once you said UPS did the right thing by offering a settlement.

If you had read my entire quote instead of seeing only UPS WAS RIGHT, which for some reason the mere thought of UPS being right hits your raw spot., you would of understood what I was getting at.. A man is gone due to a tragic accident. At the end of the day, someone lost their life on UPS property. A wife has lost her husband, and if there are children - a father is gone. Does fault really matter?

Her husband's tragic accident happened on UPS property while he was on the job. Then yes, a settlement has to be offered - and in this case it was offered and accepted, with the stipulation of a gag order. If the widow DOES have information which potentially could prevent such an accident from occurring again, then it SHOULD be made public

This was the intention my post. Instead you turned it around asking me if I have ever lost a loved one?? What does my personal business have to do with this thread. But as it turned out, your question directly affected me as I have lost most of my loved ones.

tieguy

Banned

not sure why. Its realistically possible the husband made a stupid error in judgement that cost him his life. That being jumping down behind a backing shifter to get fallen packages.

Now assuming those facts are as we have heard over the years and believing your natural hate trip for this company it would be safe to assume you would expect that ups would not offer the widow anything beyond the insurance settlements she already recieved.

with that said if ups chose to offer the wife a settlement above and beyond those amounts then that would reflect positively on ups.

Now I realize that your 804 hate trip for ups will try to spin this somehow but overall its a positive for the company to offer her a settlement when she could very well walk away empty handed.

I say good for you ups and shame on the lawyer for putting his own personal interests ahead of the widows.

tieguy

Banned
If you had read my entire quote instead of seeing only UPS WAS RIGHT, which for some reason the mere thought of UPS being right hits your raw spot.,

rose sadly some people make their living part of this company but find new ways to hate it and wish it bad everyday. Many come from rabid union environment backgrounds and have learned to think the hate and discontent their union tells them they should believe in. its really sad to see them controlled in such a fashion but sadly they are beyond help.

fxdwg

Long Time Member

How far from the original Post have we come??

Last edited by a moderator:

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
If you had read my entire quote instead of seeing only UPS WAS RIGHT, which for some reason the mere thought of UPS being right hits your raw spot.,

rose sadly some people make their living part of this company but find new ways to hate it and wish it bad everyday. Many come from rabid union environment backgrounds and have learned to think the hate and discontent their union tells them they should believe in. its really sad to see them controlled in such a fashion but sadly they are beyond help.
And as Wall Street goes so goes the nation...and here's a look at the closing numbers:

Racism is up
Human rights are down
Peace is shaky
War items are hot
And UPS claims all ties.

Jobs are down
Money's scarce
And common sense is at an all-time low

In heavy trading.

local804

Tie, I must admit your post made me chuckle. The hate (as you call it) that I have for this company is far from a union background. It has accumulated over the years for the stunts , trickery and deception the leaders at UPS have brought against the work force. From the manager that told the employee with the near death sick kid " I dont care about your family problems, I need you to come to work everyday" to the bafoon that took the drivers ipod and even the manager that bumped into the FT driver with his chest(with witnesses) and managed to keep his job THATS WHERE IT COMES FROM!!!!!!!!! You preach about this company that never does any wrong?????? Oh please...............

Red rose tea---- I am just adding my point of view to your statement and if I offended you in any way with your family, please accept my apologies. I was simply trying to place us in the poor ladies shoes. With us both dealing with deaths to close family members, I think it is safe to say that no moneterial value can replace the life of a long one, agree?

local804

I agree 100%. Happens all the time.
What about the driver, who for the 8 years he has been in my center has gone out on comp every year. He has not worked a full year in the 8 yrs I have known him. He has been out on comp since at least summer, all part of his scheme to bring a lawsuit against a driver who hit his truck - he was parked sorting packages in the rear when he was hit in the front. Refused to be checked out in hospital, insisted on continuing his route. The next day his girlfriend called in for him - told on road sup, when asked if was planning to sue, YOU BETTCHA YOUR ASS HE IS... SOMETHING FISHY, here..

Well Red rose, Have you ever heard the expression when you play with fire you will get burnt? sooner or later this person will wind up with a workers compensation charge like one of the posters on this site. I assure you that he is a minor minute percent the way UPS investigates the comp cases and will be caught one day, its just a matter of time.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I saw your cheap shot the first time you posted it. Red pissing your pants is not something to brag about or repost.:happy2:

Cheap shot? Again I posted a link to be discussed, is that what you asked for in another thread after you condoned management stealing a drivers Ipod? Facts or an article to read, you got it and now a thread to discuss how UPS treats its employees and families, with safety infractions and other mistreatments.

I never piss my pants, but I will give you credit you can take a punch, but even a stupid person would stay down now.

local804

Cheap shot? Again I posted a link to be discussed, is that what you asked for in another thread after you condoned management stealing a drivers Ipod? Facts or an article to read, you got it and now a thread to discuss how UPS treats its employees and families, with safety infractions and other mistreatments.

I never piss my pants, but I will give you credit you can take a punch, but even a stupid person would stay down now.

+2

tieguy

Banned

Red you're the one prostituing yourself on main street for the slime ball lawyer trying to tell me how you won something?
Roflmao. whats next a +2 from 804 telling you he thinks you look hot in furs and leather?

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
Well Red rose, Have you ever heard the expression when you play with fire you will get burnt? sooner or later this person will wind up with a workers compensation charge like one of the posters on this site. I assure you that he is a minor minute percent the way UPS investigates the comp cases and will be caught one day, its just a matter of time.

Hopefully sooner or later. UPS and insurance company should focus on the true thieves of the system.