god help me

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
My shift starts in about an hour. I can barely take a step without intense pain. I feel like a crippled person, everytime my left foot touches the floor it hurts. I cannot use my left foot.

I pray, and hope that I make it through today.

don't be a crying baby man. there are people your age dying in Iraq right now, and you are complaining about a little pain from UPS? grow up dude.........

don't be a crying baby man. there are people your age dying in Iraq right now, and you are complaining about a little pain from UPS? grow up dude.........

I rather take a bullet in the brain, than having to suffer this punishment any longer. Anyways I came back from my shift, it looks like I made it back alive.

The co workers I work with stopped being mean to me, and the supervisor are very kind people. Before my shift started the supervisor at the time asked if I was the new guy, he asked if I'm feeling better, and he also said he knew what happened on friday, and he's glad that I'm feeling better.

The supervisor placed me at a trailer hole to do unloading again. I don't know how long I can keep this up. about 45 minutes before my shift finished, I started dropping boxes that weight about 65, I notice that steam is coming out of my mouth literally, but there wasn't snow around me, and of course the trailer is room temperture.

I made it through the day with some crawling, and second wind.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I think a 50 something pounds box dropped on my head, and my head feels a little numb. MY GOD, please tell me how long do I have to do this untill I can do some lighter duties? When am I ever going to get the scanning job? I WANT TO DO SCANNING.

Tomorrow
try the alcohol method, or anything else that will numb your body & brains.

No way man, I signed the paper saying I won't drink alcohol on work. Personally I choose to never drink alcohol in my life, and I rarely did in my life. I never intentionally drink alcohol. I remember the last time I drank alcohol was because everyone else was tasting the wine at a winery.

I'm a man of my word.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
He's weak sauce. He needs to flip burgers at Mickey D's. They only weigh one ounce each, if that. Gen Y, the future of America. Oh lord help us all.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

No way man, I signed the paper saying I won't drink alcohol on work. Personally I choose to never drink alcohol in my life, and I rarely did in my life. I never intentionally drink alcohol. I remember the last time I drank alcohol was because everyone else was tasting the wine at a winery.

I'm a man of my word.

Just like you chose to never drink alcohol in your life, you should choose never to be a package handler in the unload.

Sensitive, fragile and basically anyone who's never been dirty or used muscle in their life should not be where you are.

:sick:

Babagounj

Strength through joy

I'm a man of my word.

Then one of two options is drugs. ( legal or not ).
Your high morals will not help your weak body survive.
The other option is leave; your will never survive in our work enviroment. We have all gone thru this and are still here.

I knew it's just a matter of time, untill I give this card back to them. I'm thinking of quitting today. I just don't see why I should sell my life like this.

I'm literally selling my life doing this job, it is not the matter of using muscles. The question is why would I be wanting to use my muscles and contribute this kind of life selling work for them, for anytime longer.

If I join like an army, at least I'll be fighting for a nation. lol

Just like you chose to never drink alcohol in your life, you should choose never to be a package handler in the unload.

Sensitive, fragile and basically anyone who's never been dirty or used muscle in their life should not be where you are.

:sick:

It's been two days, and they haven't gave me a easier job yet. I'm still in unload. jumping around in the trailer like a lumberjack, walking on the rolling belt thingy.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

It's been two days, and they haven't gave me a easier job yet. I'm still in unload. jumping around in the trailer like a lumberjack, walking on the rolling belt thingy.

Kid, you were hired as an unloader and you will be an unloader until they find that you refuse to work at the unsafe and dangerous speed that others are doing the same job.

Best bet if you want to stay; make your book to secure the job, then slow down and work safely and cautiously after that point in the unload. They only want slaves that unload a rediculous speed per hour as some of the people around you!

Once you establish that you won't work at the speed they want, they'll move you. I promise you.

Kid, you were hired as an unloader and you will be an unloader until they find that you refuse to work at the unsafe and dangerous speed that others are doing the same job.

Best bet if you want to stay; make your book to secure the job, then slow down and work safely and cautiously after that point in the unload. They only want slaves that unload a rediculous speed per hour as some of the people around you!

Once you establish that you won't work at the speed they want, they'll move you. I promise you.

Thanks for letting me know, my shift starts in about 30 mins. My dad is forcing me to work lol, he's using the reserve psychology. He keeps telling me to quit my job, but he really wants me to keep my job.

Today I'm going to slow down, I hope to god that I get the scanning job or sorting the small boxes at the three belts. I'm going to go, I really hope I'll come back safely, and in one piece.

thanks man.

U

ups the evil empire

Yesterday was my first day at work as a package handler. I was doing the unloading, I only do one shift of 4 hours work. I don't understand why all my co workers dislike me.

At first I was told to unload packages from a trailer, with a parnter who was suppose to train me, however all he did was putting the packages on the belt with insane speed. We got all the inrregulars, and packages out of the trailer within 35-40 minutes.

The guy, my parnter told me this is the pace we work at. He said the last guy who started working here was trainned by him as well, and quitted in one hour because he can't handle the job. After I did two trailers of unloading with him, it was break time.

After break time, I was partnered with a shorter guy, who looked a little stronger than me, he also worked at insane speed. he taught me that the proper way to get packages from the top is to pull a package from the bottom so everything comes tumbling down(once the things fell on my nose). The person doing the scanning complainted twice about how I work, he tells me that I'm not working fast enough.

I collapsed 30 minutes before finishing my shift. I asked the supervisor if I'm capable of doing this job at all? the supervisor said "don't quit, you're just not used to it yet, come back on monday". my supervisor is a nice guy. I just don't understand my co workers. Why are they all trying to get rid of me? aren't we all in a union? by keeping up with the pace my co workers handle the packages, I cannot practice the safe method on lifting, my back hurts :(

What do you think I should do? stay there and give it a try? or what? I'm working for experience, money is not important to me.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Make your trial period. Don't hurt yourself but go quickly and hustle.

After your trial period. Work safely, use loadstands, and work an even pace. There are no numbers that you can be fired for. Do not let supervisors intimidate you to work fast and unsafely. If they harrass you, talk to a shop steward and tell him/her about it. Make it known that you will not hurt yourself nor work unsafely in efforts to get done quickly.

Remember, working fast only reduces your hours and can hurt your body. Surely supervisors and managers benefit from your speed, but don't let them bully you around.

One important thing is that most new hires do not understand that "so and so pieces an hour" is not in any contract and is only numbers that managers go by to rate performance. You cannot be fired for not doing so many pieces as they want.

To the author of the thread: package handler can be a very motivating and even beneficial job. You can get into solid physical shape in no time!

To any new employees in his shoes: heed this advice. There are no numbers, only fantasy numbers management creates and you cannot be held to any number standard. There is no contract language that states you must perform at any certain number of packages. The ones working with blazing speed and generally unsafely will never get ahead of you at any point in your job history. Believe that.

Always use a loadstand in the unload! No matter where you are, have a loadstand near you at all times. Use it when you need to grab off the top and lift the extendo (where applicable)

DO NOT pull out walls from underneath. This is simply a dangerous ideal altogether.

Take your time, work relentlessly while pacing yourself. remember it's a 4 hour marathon daily!

If you are ever reprimanded and possibly written up for "slow pace" or "not enough packages per hour"....tell 'em this; word for word....

"it is not in the contract any pieces per hour and I want a shop steward present if you are intending on disciplining me for this

To the author of the thread: package handler can be a very motivating and even beneficial job. You can get into solid physical shape in no time!

To any new employees in his shoes: heed this advice. There are no numbers, only fantasy numbers management creates and you cannot be held to any number standard. There is no contract language that states you must perform at any certain number of packages. The ones working with blazing speed and generally unsafely will never get ahead of you at any point in your job history. Believe that.

Always use a loadstand in the unload! No matter where you are, have a loadstand near you at all times. Use it when you need to grab off the top and lift the extendo (where applicable)

DO NOT pull out walls from underneath. This is simply a dangerous ideal altogether.

Take your time, work relentlessly while pacing yourself. remember it's a 4 hour marathon daily!

If you are ever reprimanded and possibly written up for "slow pace" or "not enough packages per hour"....tell 'em this; word for word....

"it is not in the contract any pieces per hour and I want a shop steward present if you are intending on disciplining me for this

Today was a little better, they partnered me up with a white guy who's a little older than me. we got two, and a half short trailers done(the kind where you flip the wood covers up, and where you find pain below)

I hate to say this, since I'm a Chinese person myself, but I hope to god that if god have mercy on me, please never parnter me up with a Chinese or brown guy. I don't know what they are trying to prove, but they work at an insane pace.

There's only one white guy working at unloading with me, I hope
that I partner up with him every shift lol, this guy is so awesome, he also thinks that it's stupid to work that quickly. This guy thinks the same way I do, it's a fricking sweat shop!

Without doubt, we're the slowest unloaders in our hub, but it's cool. my job isn't so bad now, at least there's someone there who understands my job you know what I'm saying?

Also my parnter told me to ask the sup, in charge of the whole operation, that when do I get to do lighter duties. so I said "Hi, when do I get to learn to do something else", the sup said "one month". the sup seems very friendly if you ask me, I hope she keeps her word.

By the way dolesswork, thanks for the advice but I don't want to use the yellow ladder chair thingy, cause it makes me looks like a kid lol. Anyways what's a shop steward?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
He's weak sauce. He needs to flip burgers at Mickey D's. They only weigh one ounce each, if that. Gen Y, the future of America. Oh lord help us all.
I say that prayer every night.
I would say if you cant "man"up, you should take brownmonsters advice. We do not need any wimpy crying hourly beside us, who makes the union, and then we gotta carry you.
Get out now, run fast, which will be hard since your paws hurt soooooooooooo bad. Ive heard people whine and moan, but you bucko, take the cake.
Tell Daddy, its too hard. Leave now, do not go in tonight, call and tell them you are never coming back.
Learn to spell, quit making fun of other races, and go work on wall street or something. I heard bears and stern need alot of help. You can just sit in a chair and play guitar hero or something.
Sorry mods I couldnt resist.
And by the way, dont join the army, you would be gone in an hour. Join the marines, and you would be gone in a flash.

I say that prayer every night.
I would say if you cant "man"up, you should take brownmonsters advice. We do not need any wimpy crying hourly beside us, who makes the union, and then we gotta carry you.
Get out now, run fast, which will be hard since your paws hurt soooooooooooo bad. Ive heard people whine and moan, but you bucko, take the cake.
Tell Daddy, its too hard. Leave now, do not go in tonight, call and tell them you are never coming back.
Learn to spell, quit making fun of other races, and go work on wall street or something. I heard bears and stern need alot of help. You can just sit in a chair and play guitar hero or something.
Sorry mods I couldnt resist.
And by the way, dont join the army, you would be gone in an hour. Join the marines, and you would be gone in a flash.

You're a driver how much packages do you have to deal with in a day? 100? Today I lifted more than 3000 packages including inrregulars. Don't even talk to about the union.

The reason you can cruise around in your truck sitting on your **s is because of unloaders like me working in the hub untill our spine breaks. Without us doing this :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ty job, I don't think there's going to be even an union.

I doubt anyone in the union or at my hub wants me to leave, I only get 9 dollars, and 30 cents an hour. There's not a lot of people who's capable of doing my job, and neither will a lot of people who is capable of doing my job wants to stay doing this job.

by the way, don't troll my thread thanks.