Going.... going ....But not gone

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
This last week I have been working on a pond in the area, one that takes me by a "you store it" lot that has about 15 DHL vans parked on it.

Each day, there is a dual wheeled package car that comes in and distributes packages to the delivery vans. They run out and deliver and pick up packages and meet back and unload.

Seems like they might be officially out of business, but not in reality.

Maybe sales guy and all those extra sups we have that have nothing to do now but sneak around following our drivers, .....well maybe you ought to follow them and help put DHL out of their misery?

d

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
DHL still does international import and export, just like they use too before buying airborne.

nice dig at managment though, what is your daily quota on those types of comments?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Not a dig sales guy, just a comment on the use of resources to grow our company. Instead of following our drivers to find fault with what they do, why not follow their drivers and gain extra volume from a company that was to be out of business.

Think about the international volume you could be getting.......

But then with your mindset, you think I am anti management.

BTW, baby turned yet?

d

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
i don't know if you are anti-management or not, you cetainly are not pro-managment. also, this is the supervisors job to check on the drivers, that is who they are "supervising"...unfortunantly, some drivers do abuse the system and make the rest of you all look bad.

they were never going out of business, they were stopping domestic service. they are the world leader in international package transport. go to europe, its sick, DHL is everywhere. I have won 100% of the DHL outbound volume in my territory. import is a slow process, but the better we get, the more business we can win.

no, no baby turning going on. we are going to go the c-section route.... baby is is a sitting positions and doesnt look like she is going anywhere - thanks for asking.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
So what would keep us from Identifying those routes and getting the in and out bound volume?

As for the baby, best I can tell you are brown (some what condescending, but still brown) and as such, believe it or not, we have your back. I hope she spits up on you!!!!:wink2: Believe it or not, that day will be wonderful. Been there, done it.

As for the sups, yes some of the times it is needed. But too many times, its just busy work.

So lets re-allocate resources to expand our business base?

d

FedEX 4 Life

well maybe you ought to follow them and help put DHL out of their misery?

d
They aint going anywhere.Remember folks,DHL is the German Post Office.Goverment owned and operated.They own all the landing rights in Europe and can deliver to more countries than anyone else.They also dont have to abide by all the US sanctions.You can DHL a package to North Korea or Cuba.Not with FedEx or UPS.

rocket man

I Think they learn by mistakes. D H L. They have time to watch the war . Betwen ups and fed x. They are in a rebuilding mode. There huge in europe. The person that put this post up say,s he saw 15 trucks a day. REMEMBER ups started with one.

browniehound

They aint going anywhere.Remember folks,DHL is the German Post Office.Goverment owned and operated.They own all the landing rights in Europe and can deliver to more countries than anyone else.They also dont have to abide by all the US sanctions.You can DHL a package to North Korea or Cuba.Not with FedEx or UPS.

Why would I (or anyone?) want to DHL a package to North Korea?? I'll have to keep in mind on my next vacation to Pyongyang that I can only use DHL to send my golf clubs ahead of me to the hotel??

bluehdmc

Germany "privatized" their postal service in 1995, DHL is the end result of that. DHL was actually a US document delivery service started in 1968. When Deutsche Post went private they started acquiring shares in DHL. They are not "government owned and operated" although 35% of their shares are held by a "state owned bank". All of this info is available on Wikipedia.

I Think they learn by mistakes. D H L. They have time to watch the war . Betwen ups and fed x. They are in a rebuilding mode. There huge in europe. The person that put this post up say,s he saw 15 trucks a day. REMEMBER ups started with one.

UPS actually started with bicycles. :happy2:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Indeed.They learned not to try and compete with the big boys on thier home turf.
And the man said, "let the big boys fight amongst themselves, while I run off with the beautiful girl"

Might be they are in a rebuilding mode since UPS turned away from last leg delivery.

And while Korea and Cuba are currently on the do not trade list, Obama will change that shortly. After all, the payments for being able to use Guantanamo are going to stop.........

I have always found it interesting that UPS tends to underestimate the competition.

d

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
DHL simply gave up on domestic in the USA. They are letting FedEx and UPS duke it out for the US domestic market.

DHL OWNS the international market - if you have something to send or receive internationally, you use DHL - Internationally, they beat the pants off of UPS, Fedex, anyone, on Price, Service, Reliability.

I tried - very hard - to use UPS for international. It is close to impossible to ship from the USA to the Pacific Rim using UPS, and it is NOT possible to use them for US inbound shipments.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Maybe instead of worrying about management or your sales team gaining their volume you could see where they are still doing business and turn in a saels lead that our sales lead can do the job they were trained for. This way you make money in teh end as well if the lead is sold. if you rely on them to do everything then you make nothing on top of volume. If you don't help gain volume within the company than you can't complain when they go under.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Only you would climb out on a limb that you have already cut with your condescension.

As for drivers doing the job, with the small numbers of deliveries they now have, it would be an accident that we would be at the same place at the same time.

Better to follow them for a few days to get the scope of where, whom and how much.

d

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
This last week I have been working on a pond in the area, one that takes me by a "you store it" lot that has about 15 DHL vans parked on it.
d

Funny you should mentioned that. I too notice DHL vans parked at our local "Storage Pro's". You only notice the vans stored side by side on the weekends, I guess a cell phone and 1 feeder truck (or van) is all you need for their ops, gone are the huge building and manicured lawns.