Going into feeder in progression.

anonymousupsman

I've only been a package driver for 1.5 years. I'm still in progression and at the $18.xx pay rate. I have 1.5 years left till I get to full scale based on the 3 year progression. Buuut I recently got the call to enter Feeder and I'm wondering if that'll immediately put me at full scale?
I know package and feeder pay scales are slightly different but I don't know much more than that, any knowledge out there?
I know this is probably a very rare issue considering UPS hasn't hired feeder drivers this young out of packages before.

GameCockFan

I'm in the south. Here if you pull doubles you get .50/hr more, triples .75/hr more. Triples are illegal here. We get .10 over the top pay for package. $34.29 for pulling doubles, which most everyone does. If your bid route has a leg with doubles you get that rate for vacations also.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
All the new feeder drivers start out pulling doubles within the first few weeks here in Oregon. How much more is the pay? Do you know why it's different from our progression?
Hell you will probably pull doubles your first day. Depending on what you do. I use to hate pulling doubles until someone told me we make 50 cents more an hour, now I don't mind them so much.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The progression scale is the same for both package and feeder. Most drivers will have already gone through progression in package before making the move to feeders. It is rare to go straight from the hub or off the street to feeders but when it happens you would go through the same progression, only with a slightly higher top out rate to be used for the percentage calculation(s).

Overpaid Union Thug

WTF? 20 plus years here.

Are those sleeper teams? One of our big hubs was hiring week old PTmers for sleeper teams a while back.

I'm not sure. All I know is that they are hiring a butt load of feeder drivers and for package as some of them move into feeders. They will probably fall short of what they need. Surely they'll start reaching out to extended centers once that happens. And that is the rumor.
Sent using BrownCafe App
I imagine that will be short lived once all the positions are filled.

Yep. It'll be back to the standard 10 year wait (or longer) for full-time package and longer for feeders.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Those sleeper team gigs must be rough.
My best bud is a sleeper team driver. He pulls down about $140k base pay and on top of that he usually works one of his days off doing extra work at about $500 for the day. It's rough alright, rough counting your money. I'd have trouble sleeping in a tractor 5 days a week.

fres431

How far do sleep teams run? Miles lets say from home hub ?Typically feeder runs are max 5hrs one way

Sent using BrownCafe App

undies

Good god. It's like a 20 + year wait for feeder where I'm at. They're just now taking guys with an 1989 FT date!

Overpaid Union Thug

The frustration for those of us in locals that have separate seniority lists for each building is knowing that people with much less company seniority, and fulltime package seniority in the hub are moving up into feeders so fast while we are stuck in package in the extended centers. I guess some locals are just better than others on that issue. And clearly some of us just happened to choose the wrong local to work in. LOL.

Sent using BrownCafe App