Going into management.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My senior is trying to convince to go into management.Does anyone here have any experience with it.Whats involved?I know they did away with ASSpire.

What is involved is selling your soul to the devil. If you can lie like a rug, abuse people willingly, and disconnect the logical and compassionate parts of your brain...you'll do well. Otherwise, find something else to do with a future. FedEx wants managers who just follow orders and carry them out.

Goldilocks

Learn as much as you can. You will probably have to do this on your own time because Fedex will not pay you. Then start reviewing the interview process. In our district they use the SAR method of interviewing. Situation Action and Result. You can google this and it will give you some sample questions. Sounds easy but its not. Make sure you have about 10 different situations that have happened to you while working at Fedex or situations that pertain to work. Learn your bosses job. When hired, please remember to be kind to your employees, they can make you or break you. So many have entered management with zero people skills but can create an impressive power point presentation.

HomeDelivery

when i applied to become a courier for express, i had that same SAR interview as well... & 2 of them were interviewing me at the same time (what was that about?). But after all that, I kindly backed out at becoming a courier since the sub-contractors accommodated my ever-changing family schedule, instead of bending backwards for that opco due to making yourself "on-call" or operational needs basis.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The fact that you refer to it as ASSpire tells me you lack the maturiy for the move.

Give him a break. ASSpire is the common name for it, which has now been changed to something else more "dynamic". Actually, you need to check your maturity at the door when you enter FedEx management.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
All I know is that for the money they get (not much more than a CRR) the hours they work are bogus.

jmeti000

All I know is that for the money they get (not much more than a CRR) the hours they work are bogus.

I think it depends on the locale and how long you've been a manager. Ive seen places the managers worked a normal 8 hr day, and some even less. The one person that was new was putting in 10+ hr days was mainly because he couldnt figure out all the paperwork...that and he had to play "catch up" from when there was no manager.