Going out after work in your uniform.

fatboy33

Unless a lonely women is on the prowl for a delivery guy in uniform, nothing good can come from wearing uniform in a bar. Too many guys turn into wanna be UFC fighters after a few beers. And what happens if that guy gets cold cocked and hits his head on a bar railing as he's going to the ground. The news won't say, " Guy defends himself against a drunk in a bar....". The news will say, "FX employee puts man in coma...". You don't what to be the guy who makes the company have to explain itself in the media. Even on a lesser note, some guy taking a photo of a guy in uniform drinking and making a funny MEME out of it. At the very least, remove your polo and go in with a Tshirt without company logos. I'm surprised this isn't policy.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Unless a lonely women is on the prowl for a delivery guy in uniform, nothing good can come from wearing uniform in a bar. Too many guys turn into wanna be UFC fighters after a few beers. And what happens if that guy gets cold cocked and hits his head on a bar railing as he's going to the ground. The news won't say, " Guy defends himself against a drunk in a bar....". The news will say, "FX employee puts man in coma...". You don't what to be the guy who makes the company have to explain itself in the media. Even on a lesser note, some guy taking a photo of a guy in uniform drinking and making a funny MEME out of it. At the very least, remove your polo and go in with a Tshirt without company logos. I'm surprised this isn't policy.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1460250170.334842.jpg

8 Hour Day

I was accosted in a Barnes and Noble by a UPS corporate type for wearing my uniform off duty. I just shrugged her off at first, but then she followed me around the corner demanding to know my name and what center I worked out of.

It pissed me off enough that I told her if she didn't get away from me, I'd have her arrested for assault... That seemed to work. God forbid UPS drivers be seen buying books! Prior to that day, if I went anywhere that might reflect poorly on the brand, I'd at least take off the shirt and go in wearing my undershirt. After that day, I honestly kinda relish going into the liquor store wearing it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I was accosted in a Barnes and Noble by a UPS corporate type for wearing my uniform off duty. I just shrugged her off at first, but then she followed me around the corner demanding to know my name and what center I worked out of.

It :censored2: me off enough that I told her if she didn't get away from me, I'd have her arrested for assault...

You could always lie.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You could always lie.

Like you? We used to have an MD who would wear a courier jacket off-duty. The awful old ones with the silver and orange "racing stripe" down the sleeves. I saw him at the mall one day with his family, and he's wearing slacks, nice dress shoes, and this stupid clown jacket, obviously very proud of working for FedEx.

8 Hour Day

Zero chance of getting laid. 20 years ago it would have vastly improved your chances. Not now. FedEx=LOSER.
I'm guessing this is the result of FedEx Ground... Some of those dudes make burger flippers at McD's look like CEO material.

The two in my route's area look, drive and deliver like idiots. The one delivering to my house has put packages in my recycling bin.

FedEx Express doesn't seem to suffer from this. Go figure.

l22

Zero chance of getting laid. 20 years ago it would have vastly improved your chances. Not now. FedEx=LOSER.

Gotten laid plenty times the last 10 years by and large thanks to my uniform. I've failed a lot more times than I've succeeded with it, but who cares

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How about "no"?

I'll say "no" too. When Dano wants to get lucky, he digs a new uniform out of the station closet and then tops off his outfit with the purple blazer (true) that managers had the option to wear about 15 years ago. Add-in some Angel Flight blue slacks with a razor crease and some purple Hush Puppies, and BAM, every 300 pound chick in the place will want to go home with him to see his Pokémon collection.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'll say "no" too. When Dano wants to get lucky, he digs a new uniform out of the station closet and then tops off his outfit with the purple blazer (true) that managers had the option to wear about 15 years ago. Add-in some Angel Flight blue slacks with a razor crease and some purple Hush Puppies, and BAM, every 300 pound chick in the place will want to go home with him to see his Pokémon collection.

Rest assured that I have no interest in fat women. Your marriage is safe. Consult your shrink.

MassWineGuy

Hmm... Let me think on this one; even put my IBM supercomputer on it.

When you're wearing a company uniform you represent the company. Even if you detest FedEx, it's a brand that many look on favorably. It's fine to go shopping or pick up a pizza in uniform, but drinking seems like a bad idea. Or getting into an argument with someone. For most, drivers are all they ever see of FedEx. If you act stupidly, it reflects on the company. The same company that pays you.