going pt from ft

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by blackbear67, Mar 25, 2008.

1. blackbear67

blackbear67 New Member

Does anyone know of any ft drivers going back pt and keeping their rate? I know of ft drivers bidding back on ft preload. In my ctr we have a pt preload and I have been told you can't go back pt. I have arthritis in my knees and the driving is killing them. They said I have to quit and start over, but I don't want to lose my time and rate and I need the health ins.:dissapointed:

2. Upslady20

Upslady20 Member

In my center there is no going back.. I am in florida..sorry about your knees..

3. IDoLessWorkThanMost

IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

You cannot go back to P/T... I have never heard of that.. Does your local have a bid?...there's probably combo jobs that are a bit easier on the body. Go see your own doctor and let him know you have a medical condition at least.
    There's a FT Preload here at Local 25.
    How about shifter, or feeders? Barely lift a finger and you can nap in the yard :whiteflag:

4. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

Can't you get surgery for the arthritis where they "cut" it out? My surgeon cut my out, worked for a couple of years.

5. RockyRogue

RockyRogue Agent of Change

I read a couple of years ago that you can go back to p/t for one year and I think school was the only reason. I could be wrong. I'd talk to your BA..... -Rocky

6. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

The only way to go back inside is to be disqualified from driving. Whether it be medical reasons or something else. We've had a couple of drivers over the years do that. One of them worked "hours only" on the preload.

7. disneyworld

disneyworld Active Member

And you would never keep your driving rate working part time.

8. IDoLessWorkThanMost

The author wants to keep his rate though. Fact is, he/she wouldn't keep it even if the rarity happened he could go back to PT.

9. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

It is nice to have a F/T Preload. A driver who is disqualified or wants out of driving has something to fall back on and stay at full rate. Unfortunately, from what I've been told, there are only two full time preloads in the company. I think a combo job would be the next best thing.

10. blackbear67

blackbear67 New Member

We don't have any combo jobs in our ctr. There are 2 ctrs close to me that have ft preload and feeders, but I didn't think I can transfer either.I have reports from my doctor, but he didn't say anything about surgery yet.:sad-little:

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Just curious, how many years do you have left until you qualify for retirement, whether it be at full or reduced pension?

12. blackbear67

blackbear67 New Member

I have 16 yrs total, 9 part time and 7 full time yrs. I think now you can retire at 25 combined yrs. or 10 full time yrs. at reduced pension.

13. IDoLessWorkThanMost

There's no bidding at your building? It's bi-annual here, has been annual for many years though. Everywhere's different of course.