Going through gates, do you or don't you?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When you DR on the other side of the gate, what do you enter as the location? We had another driver put "gate" and they tried to hold him responsible for a lost package. I just wish the company would actually give clear guidelines on this issue. They want to have their cake and eat it too. They want the package delivered at all cost, but when one turns up missing they want to hang you from the highest tree for it.

I enter "other" and then type in "gate".

I have never had a DR claim for a package left at a gate, nor have I ever heard of a driver paying a claim on one. It is a customary practice here.

S

serenity now

I have never had a DR claim for a package left at a gate, nor have I ever heard of a driver paying a claim on one. It is a customary practice here.

same here
years ago had a stop that i would leave at the base of a dogwood tree before you could even see the house * (other, tree)

Indecisi0n

I'm a driver so I don't make decisions. Ill explain the situation to my sup one time and ask what he wants me to do. Then if there is ever an issues I can CYA and say " I was instructed by XXX to do it that way."

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Don't do gates. Blame the lady years ago that ripped into me for letting her dog out of fenced property. Haven't done a gate since unless special arrangements have been made with consignee.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

It is here as well Sober. It must be an out west thing. You know those people over on the wrong coast just don't have a sense of humor about anything. :happy-very:

balland chain

Thats the way to do it. 25 Years ago I was told "you are here to work, not think." So I get instructions for everything, since I am a mindless robot..

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I also deliver in a very rural area. More and more people putting up gates. If I had to open and close every gate I deliver to, I would never get done. Couple of years ago I quit opening gates............... period. People want to live behind a gate, more power to em. They get their packages in a dr bag tied to their gate. Never had a complaint. Had a few asked me to bring to their house and I politely refuse. I tell them that if they want to leave their gate open when they have a package coming I will be happy to bring it to their house.