going thru driving school

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by bigdukes2, Sep 20, 2014.

1. bigdukes2

bigdukes2 New Member

ive been working at ups for a lil over 3 years now and am just going through driving school. my question is does my time at ups help me when i become a driver? there are a bunch of guys with less time than me driving, will i jump them with seniority or do i start at the bottom.

2. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

There are two types of seniority----classification and company. Classification seniority (PT or FT) trumps company seniority when it comes to bidding. Company seniority prevails when it comes to selecting vacations and if volume decreased to the point where layoffs needed to be made.

To answer your question, no, you will not jump past them in seniority.

4. bigdukes2

bigdukes2 New Member

thank you

5. xtelevisionset

xtelevisionset New Member

Me and another guy assigned to a center just passed our final test and on the same day got assigned a FT route. We're off the street hires.

6. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

But hen it comes to bidding for a full time job, the highest ranked PT employee who signs the bid will get the job.

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The way I read what he was trying to say is the drivers already had their seniority so any bidding would be based on their FT seniority date.

8. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

FTs then PTs. If no FT wants said bid, then it would go to the highest signing PTer.
    We have PT cover drivers here.