Going to class? all you need to know

Finished my 4 day class today at local terminal not intergrad. Listen do not be scared or nervous it is so easy. The only thing you need to know word for word are the 5 seeing habits. Your allowed to sum up the 10 pt and all the rest. A passing grade they will tell you is 100% but in reality it is 90-100%. Do your best and study and you'll pass with flying colors. The driver drill is simple just keep talking. You have to know the bold print on the 10 pt but just sum It up. Not lying. Scored 98% and I start driving next week. Good luck to all new employees

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Finished my 4 day class today at local terminal not intergrad. Listen do not be scared or nervous it is so easy. The only thing you need to know word for word are the 5 seeing habits. Your allowed to sum up the 10 pt and all the rest. A passing grade they will tell you is 100% but in reality it is 90-100%. Do your best and study and you'll pass with flying colors. The driver drill is simple just keep talking. You have to know the bold print on the 10 pt but just sum It up. Not lying. Scored 98% and I start driving next week. Good luck to all new employees
Wrong. Here nothing has changed with driving school. Your area might have watered down the training but that's specific to your area.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I don't know man. I'm from your area, and if anything, he's understating how watered down it is.
I just talked to one of the new guys (who promptly quit in his first week driving by the way) and he said they still made him do all the DOKs verbatim.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I just talked to one of the new guys (who promptly quit in his first week driving by the way) and he said they still made him do all the DOKs verbatim.
A week?! People need to give it 2-3 weeks. Give it a chance for stuff to start to "click".
From my personal experience, the trainers did everything possible for everyone to pass.

barnyard

KTM rider
When I was in class, a guy training to be a summer cover driver quit when he realized the temp cover job he applied for was really a temp job.

Since I have been at UPS, every driver that quit before retirement has been off the street hires.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Movie quote to live by after your 30 days.
“Peter Gibbons: The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
Bob Porter: Don't... don't care?
Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime; so where's the motivation? And here's something else, Bob: I have eight different bosses right now.
Bob Slydell: I beg your pardon?
Peter Gibbons: Eight bosses.
Bob Slydell: Eight?
Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled; that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired. ”
Mike Judge

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Just watching office space right now, probably dosent make a lot of sense , but it does. We bust our ass daily to make the company more $ and what thanks do we get? You ran 1.80 over yesterday!! What happened!!!! You weren't pickup compliant yesterday ! Why? You were at this stop for 8 minutes. ! Why. You didn't grab your handrail at 187 vine st. Here is a warning letter.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Over. We need drivers bad. I'd put a g on it. This would be best ever time to go driving. You would have to severely friend things up not to make it. We just had 4 more bids go up. They need drivers bad right now. They are not going to do all this training ,and then when still so short staffed , disqualify them.

Oh look at the new guy all you big had seasoned drivers. I did fed ex ground 180 stops a day 500 prices and 40 scheduled pickups for 5 years until I got a chance to come here. I also did a little fed ex express air driving. Last Xmas eve I did 235 stops without a jumper an was back by 745. All between 2 cities 15 miles apart. I'll be fine

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Oh look at the new guy all you big had seasoned drivers. I did fed ex ground 180 stops a day 500 prices and 40 scheduled pickups for 5 years until I got a chance to come here. I also did a little fed ex express air driving. Last Xmas eve I did 235 stops without a jumper an was back by 745. All between 2 cities 15 miles apart. I'll be fine

la-dee-da.gif

Good Luck Rookie

Last edited: