Going to have a mental breakdown from indecisiveness on going fulltime based of this board

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Remember, people come on here to complain. No one jumps on here to tell everyone how they had a good day. It's the internet, where people get to pop off anonymously.

At the end of the day, FT drivers that quit is almost nonexistent. Don't you think there's a good reason for that?

I'm not complaining. Other than a trip to the dentist for a temporary crown, I've had a great day.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Full time drivers vent on here all the time. This is what Browncafe.com was created for :blushing2:

The work is hard, the hours long, the more you do- the more they give, the stress high, and the pains don't heal as quick.
But we do it because there is no other place where you can get paid as good, respected by the public, free (so far) healthcare, and a great pension.
There are no easy routes at UPS anymore like there use to be, every driver on this thread respects each other because we know what we all go through.

You have every right to think about what you want to do, but without a college education, the rewards of a FT driver are hard to pass up.

BUT IF YOU ARE AFRAID......
wyfail.gif

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The alternative would be to waste away in Margarhitaville.
Sounds like a great alternative. I would not do it now, I am unhappy, many are. Its not the same, it used to be tough as nails but fun. Now it is not fun at all. Yes dont listen to any of us on here, talk to your drivers at the center you work in. It may be a good place to be a driver. It may be a bubble of goodness. Mines not many are not.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Why not try to do the seasonal driving for peak or summer to see how you like it?
Great answer. Trial is temp aka seasonal to see if you like it. Depending on where your at, some centers have 2 peak seasons. We have summer and xmas. The temp aka seasonal stay on from june 1st til dec 31st. Like I always say temp driving is a win win. All depending obviously on the center and the duration of the temp driving. You can make 40 to 60k approximately doing that, once again I stress the time duration of the temp season or seasons.

wayfair

swollen member
You can't play video games forever. Eventually you'll have to grow up and get a full time job. I know it's not what you want to hear but things you need to hear rarely are.

Actually you can play video games forever, with this job, you'd have the top of the line rig to play video games/sound system/giant ass screen.. go get it, thats what you work for

wayfair

swollen member
Great answer. Trial is temp aka seasonal to see if you like it. Depending on where your at, some centers have 2 peak seasons. We have summer and xmas. The temp aka seasonal stay on from june 1st til dec 31st. Like I always say temp driving is a win win. All depending obviously on the center and the duration of the temp driving. You can make 40 to 60k approximately doing that, once again I stress the time duration of the temp season or seasons.

There's a big difference towards vested years, p/t or friend/t... that's you pension man, check it!!!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
There's a big difference towards vested years, p/t or friend/t... that's you pension man, check it!!!
Your totally right, but lets be honest not everyone can handle fulltime driving. The hours suck and a lot of other stuff sucks too. Just giving him advice to maybe try the temp thing to get a feel for how the job is before he takes the plunge and cant turn back.

wayfair

swollen member
Your totally right, but lets be honest not everyone can handle fulltime driving. The hours suck and a lot of other stuff sucks too. Just giving him advice to maybe try the temp thing to get a feel for how the job is before he takes the plunge and cant turn back.
the money won't turn him back... remember, nights and weekends... those are yours

BigBeef42

Go fulltime dude.

Their are so many indecisive people at ups, backing up the line, while the rest of us wait for our turn.

Sent using USPS

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Talk to anybody that was employed pre going public and they will tell you the same thing --UPS is totally different and not for the better. Pre public it was focused on service. Now they squeeze a nickel so tight the buffalo craps. Pre public UPS would have laughed at whoever sold Orion because at all levels they still thought people were smarter than any algorithm.