Going to Panel never had a warning letter

Chnandler Bong

I never understood why this is such a big deal? So a driver is running a few minutes late...he backed his time up to reflect the time he actually started so as not to be viewed as attempting to get paid for that extra time. I've done it many times over my 25 years...but I always let a sup know that I was doing it. Never heard a peep. Definitely not worth a termination! Should be a slap on the wrist, "Don't make a habit of this" and carry on.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Since you are in Atlanta maybe scratch should mentor you so this doesn't happen again.. I have heard he is a big deal in the dirty south

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I never understood why this is such a big deal? So a driver is running a few minutes late...he backed his time up to reflect the time he actually started so as not to be viewed as attempting to get paid for that extra time. I've done it many times over my 25 years...but I always let a sup know that I was doing it. Never heard a peep. Definitely not worth a termination! Should be a slap on the wrist, "Don't make a habit of this" and carry on.
It's because you lied. Instead of taking the late you changed your start time to make it look like you were on time. If you had just punched in like normal you wouldn't be in this position.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's because you lied. Instead of taking the late you changed your start time to make it look like you were on time. If you had just punched in like normal you wouldn't be in this position.
So what do you call it when mgt changes an employees time card or puts a lunch or breaks in when none were taken????

rod

Retired 22 years
Tell them you know Photog (the Ruler of the Tower) ----------they will shutter in their shoes- piss their pants and beg you to forgive them.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

If you clock in late, you do not get paid from your start time, you get paid from your clock in time.

If the OP would have asked his sup if he could change it, we would not be discussing it.

They think he tried to cover up being late, which he did do.

If he is not a problem driver, it should be a warning letter or at most a day off.

UPS is trying to show that they have a zero tolerence for dishonesty. At least for us. For them, it is OK.

Two sets of rules. One for us and one for them. That is why there will always be a divide between us and there will continue to be an "us vs. them" mentality.

Lead by example. If they are dishonest, how can they expect us to be any different.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So what do you call it when mgt changes an employees time card or puts a lunch or breaks in when none were taken????

Adjusting your timecard....accounting for all time you stood around to talking to every customer on your route and claimed you didn't have time for lunch or a break.

Here is how I know...at 830am 3 days in a row I asked you to complete training in the DIAD..you forgot...but you rattled off every statistic for every NASCAR driver since 1947 with Ricky Bobby at the 3 piece dock stop every day for the last 3 days (15 minutes at the stop). Time Card adjusted and justified.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Adjusting your timecard....accounting for all time you stood around to talking to every customer on your route and claimed you didn't have time for lunch or a break.

Here is how I know...at 830am 3 days in a row I asked you to complete training in the DIAD..you forgot...but you rattled off every statistic for every NASCAR driver since 1947 with Ricky Bobby at the 3 piece dock stop every day for the last 3 days (15 minutes at the stop). Time Card adjusted and justified.
This job has obviously jaded you maybe it's time to look for another job is it really worth the stress

rod

Retired 22 years
I saw a couple of management people sent packing for "adjusting" time cards. If you could talk to them today I'm sure they would tell you it isn't worth it.

tourists24

U gonna prove that? Gonna use your telematics? Please change my timecard oh mighty one

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You know it's time to go when they're hiring on road sips at 21 center managers at 25 and division mgrs at 30 and you've been here for 25 years with no upward mobility I guess that would piss me off too

Coldworld

60 months and counting
In my experience back in the old days Being promoted to center manager was considered a coveted job now days not so much not a jab to anyone on here just a general observation