Going "Viral"

Goldilocks

...and this is why ROADS was designed and is in the process of being implemented...anyone can look at a Power Pad screen and see where their next stop is...

Will the quality of courier be the same? Of course not but the level of service provided will be "good enough" in the eyes of Memphis. Sad but true

We have DRA at our station and its not working that great.

Meanwhile, over at Ground....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
fedex is heading down the same road DHL went down....move over!!!!

Maybe. They are certainly doing everything possible to alienate employees and spiral morale straight down the toilet. Perhaps we will getsome spiffy new yellow and red uniforms to make it complete.

XFILED

Maybe. They are certainly doing everything possible to alienate employees and spiral morale straight down the toilet. Perhaps we will getsome spiffy new yellow and red uniforms to make it complete.

DHL used to be a decent gig until they bought out Airbourne and offered all the OG DHL guys Airbourne wages..Take it or leave it and all the dudes I knew left...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Tough talk for a lackey. Keep defending Fred's actions, and you'll keep getting shot down. Gee, what happens when your Sales Department no longer sells one of your services? Volumes drop. I guess you just cannot figure that out.

When you can actually quote a statistic relative to what services are being sold, let us know.

59 Dano

What I want to know is if Ground can deliver EXPRESS 2 day without violating the RLA exemption, what's to stop them from delivering overnight Express? Could they possibly have Express be a pickup service only, and have everything delivered by Ground? Would that satisfy legal requirements?

Hypothetically, it's possible to eliminate the entire Express DGO and have all freight picked up and delivered by Ground with Express serving in a vendor role to fly the freight and sort it at the ramps and hubs. It wouldn't really be practical, though.

59 Dano

fedex is heading down the same road DHL went down....move over!!!!

Really? DHL flopped because its idea of developing an efficient domestic infrastructure was to buy one (ABX) that already sucked and making it even worse. Then there was their business model, which was DOA and mirrored that of the tech boom (and eventual bust).

59 Dano

Re: Going "Viral"

You guys tend to think that none of you are expendable and that the operation will come to a screeching halt when all of the experienced couriers are gone. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but we are all expendable.

This.

Every good courier started out as green as grass. For every experienced courier that leaves there's another guy building up his experience to take his place, just like it has always been.

vantexan

This.

Every good courier started out as green as grass. For every experienced courier that leaves there's another guy building up his experience to take his place, just like it has always been.

Except competitive wages and benefits brought competitive people who cared. Now it's being dumbed down into a McJob that people do until they find something better. How do you inspire going the extra mile now? Threats?

bbsam

Staff member
Hypothetically, it's possible to eliminate the entire Express DGO and have all freight picked up and delivered by Ground with Express serving in a vendor role to fly the freight and sort it at the ramps and hubs. It wouldn't really be practical, though.
Yet.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
When you can actually quote a statistic relative to what services are being sold, let us know.

Ground services are being sold Dano, not Express. When we turn in a lead the Sales suit is going to try and sell them on Ground. This has been happening for quite awhile now. Didn't you get the memo, or were you fetching brie and croissants?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Hypothetically, it would be possible to eliminate the entire Express DGO management team and have the company be run efficiently and productively by hourly employees. That would be practical.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

This.

Dynamic ROADS will create a new breed of super-courier that requires no training. An individual with no particular directional skills, independent thought, and/or excellent judgement will be just as efficient and professional as an individual who actually is intelligent and possesses the aformentioned skillset. The spreadsheets say it is so, so it must be true. It will succeed just as ROADS has, and is guaranteed to be as successful as ZapMail and as efficient as a 30 year old DC10 rebuilt for a bazillion dollars into a modern MD10 that still burns just as much fuel. There can be no errors, there can be no errors....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

This.

Here's a factoid for you. Of all those lazy-ass couriers out there "milking" it, how many of them are already working for free during break or when they 10-1 on 13/14? Pretty damn lazy if you ask me. Did the engineerbots figure free labor into the equation? My guess is not, so when a McCourier (thanks, vantexan) screws up his numbers royally by not working through break and falsifying or not taking a break for "windshield time", the numbers won't pencil-out. In other words, they McEffed up. Ooops....

Goldilocks

Dynamic ROADS will create a new breed of super-courier that requires no training. An individual with no particular directional skills, independent thought, and/or excellent judgement will be just as efficient and professional as an individual who actually is intelligent and possesses the aformentioned skillset. Not so sure about that, I you seen what they have been hiring lately? Looks like they were snatched from a dumpster! The spreadsheets say it is so, so it must be true. It will succeed just as ROADS has, and is guaranteed to be as successful as ZapMail, haha, I use to del Zap, remember the slogan, Zap it to them! lol, I do however agree that too much is watched by the god ole mighty spreadsheet. and as efficient as a 30 year old DC10 rebuilt for a bazillion dollars into a modern MD10 that still burns just as much fuel. There can be no errors, there can be no errors....

Goldilocks

Here's a factoid for you. Of all those lazy-ass couriers out there "milking" it, how many of them are already working for free during break or when they 10-1 on 13/14? Pretty damn lazy if you ask me. Did the engineerbots figure free labor into the equation? My guess is not, so when a McCourier (thanks, vantexan) screws up his numbers royally by not working through break and falsifying or not taking a break for "windshield time", the numbers won't pencil-out. In other words, they McEffed up. Ooops....

Let me set this straight, the only reason I do this sometimes is because I am not particularly fond of eating lunch with sheep and cows or bulls.:bsbullf: OK, I would much rather be home with a nice glass of Cab, or a cold Shiner Bock...:beersmiley:

Goldilocks

Unfortunately, our travel benifits are not as good as they use to be, I can find cheaper travel just using Smartertravel.com. Sad about Southwest.

Just ordered a ticket for Husband to go to Fenway Park and watch the Rangers beat Boston...lol...Cost me 50 bucks RT on Spirit AL, thru Global Travel.... Its been his life dream to see Fenway....

55+

And look at all the managers out there doing hourly work...unloading cans..sorting docs..moving trucks..setting up cans..acting as qtrback working the counter and delivering packages..next time you see the engineer ask them how all that time is figured into the equation ..just sayin