Going "Viral"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just ordered a ticket for Husband to go to Fenway Park and watch the Rangers beat Boston...lol...Cost me 50 bucks RT on Spirit AL, thru Global Travel.... Its been his life dream to see Fenway....

You can take the subway/train (it's called the T) directly from Logan to Fenway. Try to get there a little early so you and your husband can walk around the park before the game. It is a great place to watch a baseball game.

Google "MBTA" for details on the T.

whenIgetthere

Take the blue line from Logan Airport, switch to the green line and get off at Kenmore Square. From there, follow the crowd across the bridge over the Mass. Pike and you can't miss it.

DontThrowPackages

You can take the subway/train (it's called the T) directly from Logan to Fenway. Try to get there a little early so you and your husband can walk around the park before the game. It is a great place to watch a baseball game.

Google "MBTA" for details on the T.
Agree. DO NOT PARK DOWNTOWN OR NEAR FENWAY! You'll pay more to park(50-80 bucks)than what you paid for your plane tickets. I parked my car at logan and took the T into downtown. Had a drink at Cheers and walked to the ballpark. Also tell your husband to get there early enough to watch batting practice. Awesome venue!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Re: Going "Viral"

Except competitive wages and benefits brought competitive people who cared. Now it's being dumbed down into a McJob that people do until they find something better. How do you inspire going the extra mile now? Threats?

What's offered here is much better than most of what's being offered by others. Everyone is complaining about the current pay, but they aren't exactly leaving in droves for better jobs.

I can only wonder why not....

59 Dano

Ground services are being sold Dano, not Express. When we turn in a lead the Sales suit is going to try and sell them on Ground. This has been happening for quite awhile now. Didn't you get the memo, or were you fetching brie and croissants?

They are selling both. Try again.

vantexan

What's offered here is much better than most of what's being offered by others. Everyone is complaining about the current pay, but they aren't exactly leaving in droves for better jobs.

I can only wonder why not....

In this economy?

59 Dano

Hypothetically, it would be possible to eliminate the entire Express DGO management team and have the company be run efficiently and productively by hourly employees. That would be practical.

Is your AIM/ASPIRE packet complete?

mitchel

vantexan, correct me if im wrong. but i think awhile back you asked me why i was anti union when i first started. I think it was because i never grew up around an area that it was even around, let alone discussed. And i heard you had to pay a monthy due or something....Obviously i have started to think otherwise.

Unfortunately, i still love my job. So, until its officially gone i will keep going

59 Dano

Dynamic ROADS will create a new breed of super-courier that requires no training. An individual with no particular directional skills, independent thought, and/or excellent judgement will be just as efficient and professional as an individual who actually is intelligent and possesses the aformentioned skillset. The spreadsheets say it is so, so it must be true. It will succeed just as ROADS has, and is guaranteed to be as successful as ZapMail and as efficient as a 30 year old DC10 rebuilt for a bazillion dollars into a modern MD10 that still burns just as much fuel. There can be no errors, there can be no errors....

A courier gets on the road and figures things out with the assistance of, and even despite, tools that are meant to help.

Just like they always have. Ask some of the Ground guys. They have a manifest with their stops ordered for them, or at least they do in these parts. They've figured out that sometimes it's just plain wrong and they work around it.

vantexan

vantexan, correct me if im wrong. but i think awhile back you asked me why i was anti union when i first started. I think it was because i never grew up around an area that it was even around, let alone discussed. And i heard you had to pay a monthy due or something....Obviously i have started to think otherwise.

Unfortunately, i still love my job. So, until its officially gone i will keep going

I'm not sure what you are saying/asking?

59 Dano

Here's a factoid for you. Of all those lazy-ass couriers out there "milking" it, how many of them are already working for free during break or when they 10-1 on 13/14?

Very few. Only the dumb ones.

Pretty damn lazy if you ask me. Did the engineerbots figure free labor into the equation? My guess is not, so when a McCourier (thanks, vantexan) screws up his numbers royally by not working through break and falsifying or not taking a break for "windshield time", the numbers won't pencil-out. In other words, they McEffed up. Ooops....

I've seen enough routes run at 115% by swings on ckrides that you need to find a new excuse. Maybe you need to step it up.

mitchel

A courier gets on the road and figures things out with the assistance of, and even despite, tools that are meant to help.

Just like they always have. Ask some of the Ground guys. They have a manifest with their stops ordered for them, or at least they do in these parts. They've figured out that sometimes it's just plain wrong and they work around it.

Ive looked at some of the saturday manifests that are used on areas that i know very well, and kinda laughed.. What looks good on paper dosnt mean it plays out in reality.

And on a side note dano, i got no clue if you a shill or just a kool aide drinker. But, i am kinda in the middle. I get the anger and frustration of some here and..well, not maybe so pro fedex right now as you are.

vantexan

Must be because what's offered here is significantly better than what's offered elsewhere.

You know my story...if you know anyone looking to hire a 50 yr old diabetic heart patient with high blood pressure and is paying well let me know! But seriously, there's no justification for stringing people along for 30+ years to get to top pay. If you defend that you're either disingenuous or just too far gone to have an honest discussion. If FedEx ups profits to three billon a year while 10's of thousands struggle to get by on 35 hrs I think you'll see that exodus. Which is most likely what you want, oops, they want.

vantexan

Awhile back someone asked me why i was anti or something union when i started i thought it was you.

Sorry, don't recall that. I've yet to see a union try to do anything for us but I certainly think we could use one. Not likely to happen though.

mitchel

You know my story...if you know anyone looking to hire a 50 yr old diabetic heart patient with high blood pressure and is paying well let me know! But seriously, there's no justification for stringing people along for 30+ years to get to top pay. If you defend that you're either disingenuous or just too far gone to have an honest discussion. If FedEx ups profits to three billon a year while 10's of thousands struggle to get by on 35 hrs I think you'll see that exodus. Which is most likely what you want, oops, they want.

Oh wow vantexan, i didnt know all that. And im sorry to even know that. i work with some that have employee numbers that i have to believe they almost carried the rope tied to the planes to pull them out the runways. I only have 16 going on 17 years. I get the frustration that is vented on the board.

vantexan

Oh wow vantexan, i didnt know all that. And im sorry to even know that. i work with some that have employee numbers that i have to believe they almost carried the rope tied to the planes to pull them out the runways. I only have 16 going on 17 years. I get the frustration that is vented on the board.

Oh well, it's a living. :)

59 Dano

And on a side note dano, i got no clue if you a shill or just a kool aide drinker. But, i am kinda in the middle. I get the anger and frustration of some here and..well, not maybe so pro fedex right now as you are.

A little about me... I'm neither. I'm a guy who is out for what's best for himself. If a better opportunity presents itself then I'm gone. I don't like a lot of things at Express, but I understand why they are happening and often, why those things need to happen. It doesn't mean I want them to or that they won't affect me. It is frustrating to you, me, and everyone else.

Some here are zealots who can't be reasoned with to any degree at all. Oh well. That type of redneck attitude and behavior doesn't help anyone's cause. I like to prod them so they'll keep acting silly (I think it's funny). I don't get along too well with that breed in real life, though I can if I have to, but I don't want to because it requires too much effort.

As for everyone else, I probably disagree with them on all sorts of things but I enjoy the banter because I have no reason to doubt that they are genuine and sincere. I respect them and what they have to say, even though it seems crazy sometimes. A couple of zealots will give me grief because I won't march in lockstep with them, but that's fine. Let them deal with their own self imposed shortcomings.

So I'm slightly pro until something else comes along. That new opportunity (if it arrives) will get what FedEx and every other employer I've had gets, and that's a professional attitude and the best effort that I can offer.