Going "Viral"

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Re: Going "Viral"

You know my story...if you know anyone looking to hire a 50 yr old diabetic heart patient with high blood pressure and is paying well let me know! But seriously, there's no justification for stringing people along for 30+ years to get to top pay. If you defend that you're either disingenuous or just too far gone to have an honest discussion.

I've never, ever defended that. I don't think that there are any 30 year employees who aren't topped out. I've never met one.

If FedEx ups profits to three billon a year while 10's of thousands struggle to get by on 35 hrs I think you'll see that exodus. Which is most likely what you want, oops, they want.

If 10's of thousands are getting minimum, then they have more employees than they need, regardless of profit. If they have that many people on the payroll getting minimum pay for a significant period of time, that's just insane. There's no excuse for it.

vantexan

I've never, ever defended that. I don't think that there are any 30 year employees who aren't topped out. I've never met one.

If 10's of thousands are getting minimum, then they have more employees than they need, regardless of profit. If they have that many people on the payroll getting minimum pay for a significant period of time, that's just insane. There's no excuse for it.
[/COLOR][/LEFT]

That's cute...stick around another 16+ years. Pretty sure I still won't have caught top pay, assuming they keep raising top pay.

And that's great, take away our freight, drive us down to 35 hrs, and say looks like we've got too many people. Nice.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

And that's great, take away our freight, drive us down to 35 hrs, and say looks like we've got too many people. Nice.

I don't like it anymore than you or anyone else, but wake up. No industry is immune to competition from cheaper labor. It doesn't matter if it's a machine or a computer that automates the work that was done by a living, breathing human; it doesn't matter if it's a guy in Mexico who makes $10 a day doing a job that paid an American $25 an hour; it doesn't matter if it's the southeastern US sniping factories from the northeast or the west coast.

More cost effective ways are always being sought and when found, they will be utilized. Just like now and just like it always has been in the past. You can't stop human nature.

vantexan

I don't like it anymore than you or anyone else, but wake up. No industry is immune to competition from cheaper labor. It doesn't matter if it's a machine or a computer that automates the work that was done by a living, breathing human; it doesn't matter if it's a guy in Mexico who makes $10 a day doing a job that paid an American $25 an hour; it doesn't matter if it's the southeastern US sniping factories from the northeast or the west coast.

More cost effective ways are always being sought and when found, they will be utilized. Just like now and just like it always has been in the past. You can't stop human nature.

Yes, greed is part of human nature. I'm spitting in the wind here, what's the use?

Goldilocks

You know my story...if you know anyone looking to hire a 50 yr old diabetic heart patient with high blood pressure and is paying well let me know! But seriously, there's no justification for stringing people along for 30+ years to get to top pay. If you defend that you're either disingenuous or just too far gone to have an honest discussion. If FedEx ups profits to three billon a year while 10's of thousands struggle to get by on 35 hrs I think you'll see that exodus. Which is most likely what you want, oops, they want.

Van, I would be afraid of not passing the DOT physical. Have you ever used long term? You could also look at Permenent Disability. Not being rude, just a suggestion.

I did hear from our ramp that they did announce that we will be losing express and p2 in October. Cant understand why some managers will speak up and others wont. This has always been a problem. Should be announced across the board.

Also heard that operation managers must stay until the last employee RTB. If the courier did not make RTB time, then they would be issuing an OLCC....Does anyone know how many OLCC you can get before you are terminated? A few at my station already have 5 or 6. FYI I have 2....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Yes, greed is part of human nature. I'm spitting in the wind here, what's the use?

You need to use his native language, which is Shillese. Here, let me try.
Hey Dano,
Interest-free loans, cheaper labor, more productivity for less money, screwing the worker and blaming the econnomy,misrepresenting facts, outright lies.

I think he'll be able to understand now.

vantexan

You need to use his native language, which is Shillese. Here, let me try.
Hey Dano,
Interest-free loans, cheaper labor, more productivity for less money, screwing the worker and blaming the econnomy,misrepresenting facts, outright lies.

I think he'll be able to understand now.

Shillese, LOL!

vantexan

Van, I would be afraid of not passing the DOT physical. Have you ever used long term? You could also look at Permenent Disability. Not being rude, just a suggestion.

I did hear from our ramp that they did announce that we will be losing express and p2 in October. Cant understand why some managers will speak up and others wont. This has always been a problem. Should be announced across the board.

Also heard that operation managers must stay until the last employee RTB. If the courier did not make RTB time, then they would be issuing an OLCC....Does anyone know how many OLCC you can get before you are terminated? A few at my station already have 5 or 6. FYI I have 2....

Oh I'm on a one year DOT card, have to be under physician care to pass physical, take 10 pills a day. Pretty hard to convince them I'm disabled when I unload cans every day.

Pretty certain October is just an announcement. May be wrong, hope I'm not, but I think all of this will play out over a couple of years. If we lose 2 day right away things will get tough very quickly.

Rhoderunner

Pretty certain October is just an announcement. May be wrong, hope I'm not, but I think all of this will play out over a couple of years. If we lose 2 day right away things will get tough very quickly.
I'm with you on this. Maybe XS is eliminated soon but just an announcement of future plans involving E2. Seems way to soon to implement something that big.

Glorifiedpackmule

I've been keeping track of how many Express Saver stops I take out daily. It usually falls between 20-30. Mostly residential stops. That's going to be another huge financial hit for me and many others. Im already taking 1.5 hour breaks almost everyday .Not sure what my famiy and I are going to do when this happens. Does anyone know anything about applying for food stamps? I'm not kidding.. It's coming for some of us that haven't been with the company as long as others.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I've been keeping track of how many Express Saver stops I take out daily. It usually falls between 20-30. Mostly residential stops. That's going to be another huge financial hit for me and many others. Im already taking 1.5 hour breaks almost everyday .Not sure what my famiy and I are going to do when this happens. Does anyone know anything about applying for food stamps? I'm not kidding.. It's coming for some of us that haven't been with the company as long as others.

Look into partial unemployment benefits.
each state is different, but most will go off a high quarter (think leading into peak)
employees have been successful collecting partial unemployment in the past....

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Just like it said on the old video game "Pole Position", PREPARE TO QUALIFY...for food stamps that is! You'll have to go online and look it up, it's different from state to state. I found out that I qualify, then they said I didn't, then they said I did...kind of like asking a question of management.

STFXG

Going "Viral"

If you're not working enough you could always find a second job rather than looking for a government hand out (food stamps). Or find a new full time job. Just a couple things to look in to rather than looking for assistance first.

Glorifiedpackmule

Same problem here. I'm going to have to look into getting a weekend job. I'm wondering who would want to hire someone for just two days a week though. I'd look for night time job but I haven't been getting out of FedEx til 7:30pm most days. I guess I could throw a lawn mower in the back of my w700 and mow people's lawns while on my long lunch breaks everyday. FedEx would probably want a cut of that too though..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

If you're not working enough you could always find a second job rather than looking for a government hand out (food stamps). Or find a new full time job. Just a couple things to look in to rather than looking for assistance first.

Wow, are you ever helpful.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Same problem here. I'm going to have to look into getting a weekend job. I'm wondering who would want to hire someone for just two days a week though. I'd look for night time job but I haven't been getting out of FedEx til 7:30pm most days. I guess I could throw a lawn mower in the back of my w700 and mow people's lawns while on my long lunch breaks everyday. FedEx would probably want a cut of that too though..

Interesting...lol I have on a few occasions come back with mowers, weed whackers, bikes, that I either picked up for free or at garage sales...lol

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

How about taking an empty CourierPak envelope, writing "I work for FedEx" on it, and heading down to the nearest onramp to beg for your dinner? Make sure you wear your uniform so the public knows how much 'FedEx Cares".

vantexan

How about taking an empty CourierPak envelope, writing "I work for FedEx" on it, and heading down to the nearest onramp to beg for your dinner? Make sure you wear your uniform so the public knows how much 'FedEx Cares".

That should get a few people stopping to hand off outbound.