Good advice for living life

moreluck

golden ticket member
0f8998a0bae5a5893a6a6130f64b3c03.jpg

rickyb

ultimately it comes down to the fact that life is a mix of things, and its ultimately the way / context in which things are done which makes them morally good or bad. anything can be used for good or bad.

life is a mix of what you can control, and whats beyond control. wisdom is knowing when to let go.

life is a mix of individualism and being connected to and dependent with everything else.

it comes down to balance and harmony.

people are usually controlled by fear first, and force secondly.

consumerism is overrated.

and look out for nihilism.

question everything especially what everyone takes for granted, or what we've all be told to do our whole lives. things are quite often not black and white.

spend less on yourself and donate more away. dont buy that muscle car, just rent one here and there.

dont be like everyone else. i order all my clothes on the internet and i support organizations i care about at the same time like wikileaks, anonymous, or whatever.

dont be an :censored2:. people have enough problems without making things worse for each other.

get involved with politics. fight the good fight.

trying is more important than what you accomplish. and its important to try all the time.
"Reinhold Niebuhr wrote that those who defy the forces of injustice and repression are possessed by “a sublime madness” in the soul “which disregards immediate appearances and emphasizes profound and ultimate unities.” Niebuhr noted that “nothing but madness will do battle with malignant power and ‘spiritual wickedness in high places.’”22 This sublime madness, as Niebuhr understood, is dangerous, but it is vital. Without it, “truth is obscured.”

"it is impossible to defy “radical evil”—a phrase originally coined by Immanuel Kant to describe those who surrender their freedom and morality to an extreme form of self-adulation and later adopted by Hannah Arendt to describe totalitarianism—without “sublime madness.” Sublime madness demands self-sacrifice and entails the very real possibility of death. Not that the rebel possessed of sublime madness wants to die, for the fight against radical evil is the ultimate affirmation of life. The rebel understands the terrible power of the forces arrayed against all rebels, and how far these forces, once threatened, will go to silence rebels, and yet is so possessed that he or she is unable to conform"

"
Haskell Moore: There is a natural order to this world, and those who try to upend it do not fare well. This movement will never survive; if you join them, you and your entire family will be shunned. At best, you will exist a pariah to be spat at and beaten-at worst, to be lynched or crucified. And for what? For what? No matter what you do it will never amount to anything more than a single drop in a limitless ocean.

Adam Ewing: What is an ocean but a multitude of drops?"

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
ultimately it comes down to the fact that life is a mix of things, and its ultimately the way / context in which things are done which makes them morally good or bad. anything can be used for good or bad.

life is a mix of what you can control, and whats beyond control. wisdom is knowing when to let go.

life is a mix of individualism and being connected to and dependent with everything else.

question everything especially what everyone takes for granted, or what we've all be told to do our whole lives. things are quite often not black and white.

spend less on yourself and donate more away. dont buy that muscle car, just rent one here and there.

dont be like everyone else. i order all my clothes on the internet and i support organizations i care about at the same time like wikileaks, anonymous, or whatever.

dont be an :censored2:. people have enough problems without making things worse for each other.

trying is more important than what you accomplish. and its important to try all the time.
"Reinhold Niebuhr wrote that those who defy the forces of injustice and repression are possessed by “a sublime madness” in the soul “which disregards immediate appearances and emphasizes profound and ultimate unities.” Niebuhr noted that “nothing but madness will do battle with malignant power and ‘spiritual wickedness in high places.’”22 This sublime madness, as Niebuhr understood, is dangerous, but it is vital. Without it, “truth is obscured.”

"it is impossible to defy “radical evil”—a phrase originally coined by Immanuel Kant to describe those who surrender their freedom and morality to an extreme form of self-adulation and later adopted by Hannah Arendt to describe totalitarianism—without “sublime madness.” Sublime madness demands self-sacrifice and entails the very real possibility of death. Not that the rebel possessed of sublime madness wants to die, for the fight against radical evil is the ultimate affirmation of life. The rebel understands the terrible power of the forces arrayed against all rebels, and how far these forces, once threatened, will go to silence rebels, and yet is so possessed that he or she is unable to conform"

"
Haskell Moore: There is a natural order to this world, and those who try to upend it do not fare well. This movement will never survive; if you join them, you and your entire family will be shunned. At best, you will exist a pariah to be spat at and beaten-at worst, to be lynched or crucified. And for what? For what? No matter what you do it will never amount to anything more than a single drop in a limitless ocean.

Cliff notes version =

Don't be a d*

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

"

It's probably been mentioned here before but there is a great book on leading a good life from John Templeton. It's called "Discovering The Laws Of Life." you can get it for a penny on amazon but the contents are worth millions.