Good bye and good riddance to DIAD IV

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have when my diad went down , thank goodness I only had 4 stops left , besides that ups doesn't provide us with paper no more

Don't have to, just keep your PALs. Assuming you are on PAS.

If that ever happens again, just cut off the labels and scan with a good diad when you get back to the building.

No need to take off PAL's or cut off labels or write down tracking numbers anymore. When you get back to the building they should be able to print you off sheets with all your deliveries that were scheduled for the day along with the barcode. Just scan the barcode on the paper and complete delivery as you did on road.

HomeDelivery

Honeywell makes the DIAD 5.

thanks scratch for that info

yea, our old scanners were made by them & they're faster in processing than the motorolla ones we have now

so is the battery like this?

294367.jpg

then, the battery tip i gave will help later on when the foam spacer starts to degrade/ goes missing from repeated removal/ installs from the scanner to the charger
294367.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No need to take off PAL's or cut off labels or write down tracking numbers anymore. When you get back to the building they should be able to print you off sheets with all your deliveries that were scheduled for the day along with the barcode. Just scan the barcode on the paper and complete delivery as you did on road.

It would still be easier to pull the PAL labels on 4 boxes than to print out the day's delivery records.

Cementups

Box Monkey
It would still be easier to pull the PAL labels on 4 boxes than to print out the day's delivery records.

Depends on the competence of you center team. Ours would have it already printed out for us when we got in if we let them know ahead of time to have it done. We gots good people like that.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Depends on the competence of you center team. Ours would have it already printed out for us when we got in if we let them know ahead of time to have it done. We gots good people like that.

Then you have the only good ones in the division!