Good bye to the Friday after Thanksgiving

710 steward

Just got the word tonight that the Friday after Thanksgiving is now not a holiday and that it has become a normal working day. Our contract isn't even settled yet. Did you guys in the Nation lose this holiday?

Last edited:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
First I've heard of it, but I personally would be all for moving that working holiday to MLK day.

As a service company and with last year's holiday fallout, working fully that day would be in all of our best interests.

bumped

First I've heard of it, but I personally would be all for moving that working holiday to MLK day.

As a service company and with last year's holiday fallout, working fully that day would be in all of our best interests.

Your dreaming if you think that would be a full day of work. Routes would get cut down much greater than the day after the 4th of July. 90% of pickups would be closed.

710 steward

Heard the same. central region here, not that it matters. Not happy about it, but everyone should have seen this coming.

I agree to a point. I just never thought this day would ever get changed. The malls and shopping centers cannot possibly want to accept shipment on Black Friday. Why would the company want their trucks in harms way on a crazy driving day? Like I said, to a point I agree it makes sense to run limited trucks for premium packages as opposed to operating the entire fleet.

PT Car Washer

Not exactly a new hire. It was everyone received double time plus Holiday pay. Then UPS called it Air Support for everyone except FT package car drivers and Feeders. Not surprised. This is why I take vacation the week of Thanksgiving.

BrownTexas

I must be confused. It has never been a holiday for me. Always had to work. Top 40% on seniority get the day off. But the lower seniority drivers have to work.

Theking30

SHORTY
What article is this covered in?

I take vacation during that time, used to work, but so many higher seniority drivers sign up I got kept getting bumped.

slantnosechevy

Just got the word tonight that the Friday after Thanksgiving is now not a holiday and that it has become a normal working day. Our contract isn't even settled yet. Did you guys in the Nation lose this holiday?

Honestly...Anyone who believes the mindless drivel that you post needs their head examined.
The day after Thanksgiving remains a holiday and is paid the same as it always has.

I think MLK day should be a paid holiday. I'd gladly switch those two holidays.

710 steward

Honestly...Anyone who believes the mindless drivel that you post needs their head examined.
The day after Thanksgiving remains a holiday and is paid the same as it always has.

Slant

It's a question. The sups in my building got the email today stating what I said in my first post. I asked the question to see what happened in the National and if there is any truth to the rumor. Flynn loves you. I know it in my heart. You are a weak minded fool who needs to be lead around because you need to belong. Go pound sand somewhere.