Good bye to the Friday after Thanksgiving

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Was a paid day off. Now it's a paid holiday we're working.

After reading this it is all clear.

It was The day after thanksgiving that did us in.
Not the shippers shipping double what they said they would.
Not UPS management not have a ship by date.

Not UPS management telling customers sure ship all the NDA you want the weekend before Christmas.

No its all clear now, it was not working Black Friday.

oldngray

nowhere special
121699601_amazoncom-the-plans-that-failed-an-economic-history-of-.jpg

All the small details have not been worked out. A lot of planning still to do.

The holiday is not canceled.

You will be compensated.

You can expect 75% of your routes to be in (my guess). Retailers and others want a pickup on that day. Center phone rings off the hook with customers asking when are we making the pick up.

It will make dispatch easier on that particular day.

If you have enough seniority you might get the day off, bottom guys better plan on working.

Management? Bring a turkey sandwich.

After reading this it is all clear.

It was The day after thanksgiving that did us in.
Not the shippers shipping double what they said they would.
Not UPS management not have a ship by date.

Not UPS management telling customers sure ship all the NDA you want the weekend before Christmas.

No its all clear now, it was not working Black Friday.

That wasn't management. That was shippers making promises others had to try and keep.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
We WORK for UPS for a living. Not the union.

We are compensated fairly, contractually, and by all accounts the union makes sure of this. There's a price to be paid for being a top earner, be it unloading trailers for 6 years, waiting 4 years for top rate, or working on Black Friday. CHRIST 40% of the employees work that day anyways.

Some consequences for a full day of work will be :

1) That some businesses who usually close because of non-pickups by us will stay open. Now those businesses will run meaning other employees who are used to the day off will be working.
2) Now Fed-Ex will match us so they won't lose important holiday volume from us.
3) Possible mass callouts because of family commitments.
4) Union may not ok helpers so most drivers will be required to work regardless of family commitments

Being forced to work on a holiday will pay BIG on that paycheck.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

We are compensated fairly, contractually, and by all accounts the union makes sure of this. There's a price to be paid for being a top earner, be it unloading trailers for 6 years, waiting 4 years for top rate, or working on Black Friday. CHRIST 40% of the employees work that day anyways.

1) That some businesses who usually close because of non-pickups by us will stay open. Now those businesses will run meaning other employees who are used to the day off will be working.
2) Now Fed-Ex will match us so they won't lose important holiday volume from us.
4) Union may not ok helpers so most drivers will be required to work regardless of family commitments
You remind me of my center manager.....

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

You do realize that this has always been a regular work day for FedEx, don't you?

Come on heff! first they take away my Turkey, now they want the holiday too???:bsbullf::bsbullf::bsbullf:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our union is absolutely spineless.
Please enlighten me my ears are open. Anyone can hit disagree. It's a lot harder to form a valid argument.

By the way I pretty much agree with your statement but in this particular case there is nothing they can do.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'm sure it will be talked about in 2018, until then they pay what your supplement says, Article 60 section 4 for those blessed by god to be in the southern supplement. Also article 64 should be used if you don't want to work that day and they have lower guys available.
I'm betting it will be like the Day After Christmas where they cut a 60 car center down to 20 routes and those that work will be out 12-13 hours