Good dog

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Even the Chucky doll says "Friend to the end"

Molly was not my cat. She lived with my ex and the kids. I "inherited" her when the ex and the kids relocated. She was 19 years old and had started pissing all over my house. I brought her to a shelter but they refused to take her. She was dead within a half hour of leaving the shelter. I brought her home and put the body in to the trash dumpster.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Molly was not my cat. She lived with my ex and the kids. I "inherited" her when the ex and the kids relocated. She was 19 years old and had started pissing all over my house. I brought her to a shelter but they refused to take her. She was dead within a half hour of leaving the shelter. I brought her home and put the body in to the trash dumpster.
Until you are with an animal and stroking them and whispering to them as they slip away....you don't know anything about putting a pet down. Not everyone is given that opportunity.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Until you are with an animal and stroking them and whispering to them as they slip away....you don't know anything about putting a pet down. Not everyone is given that opportunity.

When the kids were younger their dog ran in to the street and was hit by a car. Unfortunately he was not killed but did suffer injuries to the point where he had to be put down.

Don't tell me I don't know anything about putting a pet down.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

typical "not my problem" attitude. The cat, by your own admission, was your wife and kids cat. That's family, Nancy.

Ex wife and the kids did not want her anymore.

I tried to do the right thing and when that failed I had her humanely put down.

I could have just as easily taken her for a ride and left her in the middle of nowhere to fend for herself.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Words fail me for the disgust I feel for your actions.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I don't know the law of NY
But in Massachusetts, the only way to get the pets remains after being put down by a vet is to get the ashes !!
What @UpstateNYUPSer did in my opinion was heartless , and probably illegal... If my dog had passed at home, she would ah been buried in my yard! I paid extra to have the vet dispose her ashes properly And the vet gave us a nice paw print Christmas ornament !! No family pet deserves to end up in a god dam trash barrel !!

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't know the law of NY
But in Massachusetts, the only way to get the pets remains after being put down by a vet is to get the ashes !!
What @UpstateNYUPSer did in my opinion was heartless , and probably illegal... If my dog had passed at home, she would ah been buried in my yard! I paid extra to have the vet dispose her ashes properly And the vet gave us a nice paw print Christmas ornament !! No family pet deserves to end up in a god dam trash barrel !!

Here you aren't supposed to bury your pets if you live in the city. I don't live in the city and there are few restrictions here. Most people ignore that unenforced law anyway.

If you take your pet to a vet they will cremate unless you ask for the body back. You can then take it home and bury it.

I agree throwing the body into the trash is probably illegal because of health codes.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I have an acre ,, big lot for Mass
I would not have had a problem to bury her there , but came home one morning and she had nothing left, took her to the doc and ended it , if she died at home , she would ah went out back

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Well, Dave, you've just confirmed to all here that you don't have even a trace of compassion in you body.