Good DR, Bad DR

Ouch

I read the contract and interpret it as a union employee should. You read the contract and interpret as a management employee. It's all about interpretation. I interpret it the correct way as it should be.

Marne Vet

I don't have a copy in front of me but do know that we can be held financially responsible for bad DR's with a value of $100 or more.

Define how it was a "bad DR". Did you override a Code 4? Unless you override the DIAD, and as long as you DR'd it out of sight, out of weather, there's no way it's a "bad DR". What were the details of the DR?

Marne Vet

I trust that since that "bad d/r" you have not driver released any packages since? I know I wouldn't d/r anything if I couldn't depend on my management team to back me up in situations such as this.

He probably screwed something up. My bet is a Code 4 override, or he DR'd a laptop or some other obvious electronic device. I only know one guy that had to pay for a DR that he screwed up, and it was a laptop that he DR'd to a business. This guy was a runner. Go figure.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I trust that since that "bad d/r" you have not driver released any packages since? I know I wouldn't d/r anything if I couldn't depend on my management team to back me up in situations such as this.

I DR packages on a daily basis.

Define how it was a "bad DR". Did you override a Code 4? Unless you override the DIAD, and as long as you DR'd it out of sight, out of weather, there's no way it's a "bad DR". What were the details of the DR?

It was a delivery to a college apt building.

He probably screwed something up. My bet is a Code 4 override, or he DR'd a laptop or some other obvious electronic device. I only know one guy that had to pay for a DR that he screwed up, and it was a laptop that he DR'd to a business. This guy was a runner. Go figure.

It was a pair of basketball sneakers for the star player on the local college team.

Perhaps you should stick to being rude to people in the hood.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I have known guys over the years to( 'Buy a package' ) !!
One driver DR "d a gun thru mail slot at a closed gun shop,another guy DR'd a repaired watch 3 Grand to a shared back door multi family and one guy dumped 5 grand cash only computers in am to a business, came back later in the afternoon for money,but they had moved out !! All 3 violated the UPS rules and the Union couldn't do a thing !! common sense should prevail on all DR's ,whether its a code 4 or not !!

oldngray

nowhere special
I have known guys over the years to( 'Buy a package' ) !!
One driver DR "d a gun thru mail slot at a closed gun shop,another guy DR'd a repaired watch 3 Grand to a shared back door multi family and one guy dumped 5 grand cash only computers in am to a business, came back later in the afternoon for money,but they had moved out !! All 3 violated the UPS rules and the Union couldn't do a thing !! common sense should prevail on all DR's ,whether its a code 4 or not !!

Still sometimes UPS will still try to blame the driver for a good DR just so the company won't have to pay a claim (and stick it to the driver). I have driver followups claiming I misdelivered packages before according to GPS when I knew I was at right house. Such as claiming I was on another street that I was never on that day. Or if I hit stop complete walking back to truck say I delivered it next door. ALWAYS hit stop complete when you are at exact place you leave package to CYA.

Squint

No more work for me!
Maybe rules have changed since I left but I always thought you couldn't D/R to any apartment complexes? They once told me I was going to have to pay for a package I d/r'd to a residence. I told them I'd quit first. Never heard a thing about it again. Management always had my back.

Upstate, you must not be an upstanding employee even though you're a runner/gunner. Your management team should back you if you were.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Maybe rules have changed since I left but I always thought you couldn't D/R to any apartment complexes? They once told me I was going to have to pay for a package I d/r'd to a residence. I told them I'd quit first. Never heard a thing about it again. Management always had my back.

Upstate, you must not be an upstanding employee even though you're a runner/gunner. Your management team should back you if you were.

Don't think he's the runner gunner management's favorite type. I think he's the "you don't see anything, and let the contract get violated" management's type of favorite. Just my 2 cents.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
Perhaps you Joe Unions need to read the contract. Don't be afraid to ask for help with the big words.

I read the contract enough to know that if management read the contract , they sure as hell dont live up to it so why the hell should Ibe held to it?!? One time they tried to get me on a sopposedly bad DR on a Coleco vision(this is going back aways). Anyhoo, I paid a visit to the consigney and looked through the window while he was playing the video game while smoking from a bong. I tapped at the window and startled him. He then saw who it was and sheepishly opened the door . Anyways, he called up UPS and said that his mother took the delivery inside without telling him.

I then joined him for a half an hour (on the clock) and played some Donkey Kong while smoking from the bong as well. Finished 3 and 1/2 hours over that day and yet still Smoked the route, if ya know what I mean.

Marne Vet

It was a pair of basketball sneakers for the star player on the local college team.

Perhaps you should stick to being rude to people in the hood.

Perhaps you should learn how to do a proper DR, and learn how to do the job before you comment again. You might think I'm "rude", but idiots pay for bad DR's.