Good? Friday

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Just saw the plan for tomorrow. Apparently 90% of the businesses are closed judging by the amount of areas that are in. Much as in the past, should be an epic disaster. Other companies allow their employees to leave at noon or 3. Would it be too much to ask that we get done in 8 or 9 hours, let alone 10 or more? Before anyone says it, no I'm not gonna quit and find another job.

P

pickup

Just saw the plan for tomorrow. Apparently 90% of the businesses are closed judging by the amount of areas that are in. Much as in the past, should be an epic disaster. Other companies allow their employees to leave at noon or 3. Would it be too much to ask that we get done in 8 or 9 hours, let alone 10 or more? Before anyone says it, no I'm not gonna quit and find another job.

I don't think Jesus had an easy good friday all those years ago, why should you?:angry-very2:

helenofcalifornia

I think Good Friday early closures is more of an East Coast/Midwest thing than it is out here. Anyone care to confirm or deny? Because everyone knows that noone but us heathens live out here.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I think Good Friday early closures is more of an East Coast/Midwest thing than it is out here. Anyone care to confirm or deny?

Couldn't tell you. Maybe something to do with "West coast heathens.":funny:

Anyhow, nobody closes on my trip, but I am sure that I'll be saddled with all the air for the industrial trip I have to drive by.:angry:

rod

Retired 22 years
I always got a good laugh at the business that wanted to know if I could get to them early because they were closed from 12 to 3. I told them if they really wanted their stuff to meet me at my 1st stop at the edge of town and I would try to dig it out for them otherwise "see ya tomorrow". I always had tons of send agains on Good Friday. :peaceful: Everything shut down for 3 hours in the little town I delivered (except the 3 bars)

P

pickup

I think Good Friday early closures is more of an East Coast/Midwest thing than it is out here. Anyone care to confirm or deny? Because everyone knows that noone but us heathens live out here.

I am going out on a limb here. but it might definitely be an east coast thing at the very least , particularly a roman catholic thing (particularly italian-americans) . However, the jewish holiday of Passover started last night at sunset , and I believe the first two nights(which is the beginning of a calendar day of the hebrew calendar) of passover are pretty important. So, the fact that that one of these 2 days of passover falls on good friday this year improves the likelihood of business closures. (Plus if you are jewish, it is like a four day weekend).

I think people who head for the west coast are a special breed who headed for the west coast to leave the past behind along with a lot of customs. Although the most assimilated jew would have a particularly hard time with giving up this holiday as it is essentially a feast day with few dietary restrictions( no leavened bread). This is a lot of conjecture on my part.

SuperSup

I've got a lot of drivers that have plans for tomorrow night; therefore, cut 10% of the routes, and they'll bust their butts to get done; win/win.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I've got a lot of drivers that have plans for tomorrow night; therefore, cut 10% of the routes, and they'll bust their butts to get done; win/win.
All Fridays are good for me. I always get two hours of overtime. Tomorrow should be no different. I only make plans for Saturday and Sunday. Perhaps you were joking, but in our building the supervisors know when bowling night is for some and when golf night is for others and they always seem to get more production those days. Probably is a win/win.

tieguy

Banned
All Fridays are good for me. I always get two hours of overtime. Tomorrow should be no different. I only make plans for Saturday and Sunday. Perhaps you were joking, but in our building the supervisors know when bowling night is for some and when golf night is for others and they always seem to get more production those days. Probably is a win/win.

I think most regions get you to try to cut more then 10 percent for good friday. So in sups case its possible that he was sincerely saying that he was cutting less and taking care of his people and that they took care of him in return. thus the win/win comment.

upsgrunt

I think most regions get you to try to cut more then 10 percent for good friday. So in sups case its possible that he was sincerely saying that he was cutting less and taking care of his people and that they took care of him in return. thus the win/win comment.

Yeah!!!!
From the tone of his posts, I'm real sure that's what he had in mind-cutting less and taking care of his people. Tie, you can believe anything you want to; you can think that you can convince us to believe the same thing, but the bottom line is: that is an insult to think anyone would believe that.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by tieguy

Yeah!!!!
From the tone of his posts, I'm real sure that's what he had in mind-cutting less and taking care of his people. Tie, you can believe anything you want to; you can think that you can convince us to believe the same thing, but the bottom line is: that is an insult to think anyone would believe that.

That bulge in his mouth is sometimes a "tongue in cheek" :knockedout:

Last edited: