Good Friday

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I have only been ft for about a year should the recent cutting of routes be a concern in regards to getting work every day?
No, it will actually piss off other drivers so you'll be able to choose more routes to run as the regular guys will beg for days off.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
All week long the supes were saying to mark Friday closures as "CF" in the remarks column. That's what we got, a total Cluster friend on friday. Routes busted out, ridiculous splits, late air, a total "CF."

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Got air around 315 my center has been cutting routes anyone having same situations ?
Yep. Upped the workforce by 20% before peak and now we are cutting routes. Makes sense right. Lol

Coming from corporate my sups say. Their hands are tied. Ok 9.5 list for me it is. Coming from corporate (the wife) I told them. My hands are tied.

Packmule

Was wondering why no air yesterday. Got told they'll be bombed with it Monday. 10 days ago, I put in for Monday off. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I hope Amazon, UPS, Wall Street, and all holiday shoppers are paying effin attention. Bad weather in one part of the country can wreak havoc on our system. Imagine if this was a peak week or Christmas Eve instead of Good Friday?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yep. Upped the workforce by 20% before peak and now we are cutting routes. Makes sense right. Lol

Coming from corporate my sups say. Their hands are tied. Ok 9.5 list for me it is. Coming from corporate (the wife) I told them. My hands are tied.
They cut a trip a 8:25 yesterday with an 8:30 start. Nice financially sound decision(not).

oldngray

nowhere special
I'll never understand that. Especially when they are paying into healthcare and the pension.

Then they wonder why people get on the list?

They will never add a new route on Friday but I agree it is pointless to cut routes then. If someone has already worked at least 1 day that week then UPS has already paid their benefits for the week.

Brownslave688

I hope Amazon, UPS, Wall Street, and all holiday shoppers are paying effin attention. Bad weather in one part of the country can wreak havoc on our system. Imagine if this was a peak week or Christmas Eve instead of Good Friday?
That's why you see a multi million dollar expansion going on in Memphis right now.

Brownslave688

They will never add a new route on Friday but I agree it is pointless to cut routes then. If someone has already worked at least 1 day that week then UPS has already paid their benefits for the week.
Or 1 day for the month here.

BOOM local 688 kicks ass

Brownslave688

It also has to do with their insurance deal. They only pay insurance on actual trucks on road I belive.