Good Grief!!! Sticker added to front of Diad..

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This week, I have noticed something new in my DIAD Board. When I get to my last Pickup and enter the stop, a little message pops up that says something like Check ID and Lunch. I have no idea what "Check ID" means. And we still get several text messages a day about entering lunch.

BrownSuit

So your bosses report will look good. This is one of those cases where its alright to falsify records. Since you donate an hour to the company doing charity work, you don't get in trouble. An hour of OT X 250 working days equals an over $10,000 donation to the company a year.

Hmm . . . Can this be written off on your taxes? :funny:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hmm . . . Can this be written off on your taxes? :funny:

BrownSuit,
Good observation, I thought about that after I made that post. If UPS could somehow be turned into a 501(C) organization, then maybe it would be deductible! My two kids have grown up and moved out and half my mortgage is paid off, so I need some new deductions. I used to get money back when I did my taxes, but that stopped this year. I have had to drop a Dependant and now Uncle Sam gets a bigger piece of my paycheck. Lord help us all after this next Presidential Election, its only going to get much worse.

Upslady20

Well almost every driver took the sticker off of the diads. Tonight when I went to put my diad away our center manager was in the office handing out more safey handouts saying learn it over the weekend.. I did not get one since he had me up in the office this morning reciting like a school child for him.. I put the sticker on the diad machine told him he could reuse it on someone else.. he said that is a temporary thing and what is he supposed to do in his positon to get the drivers to put in their lunch.. I said I guess use disipline when I was really thinking why not start having them actually take lunch then they might remember to put in the time...so it looks like hopefully we are the only center with the stupid stickers...

dillweed

Not to veer off the original subject but in our center they have posted the 8 keys to lowering and lifting at eye level beside the toilets. Honest.

feeder53

ADKtrails
One would think that if they can program the Diad .......they could send out a reminder at a set time. One does not need to air the problems of the company to those who pay for the service. and how much did it cost to print the stickers?

One would think that if they can program the Diad .......they could send out a reminder at a set time. One does not need to air the problems of the company to those who pay for the service. and how much did it cost to print the stickers?

They do have a program that reminds you before you have to take your lunch. Most drivers won't like it. If you ignore it you may be fired.

BrownSuit

They do have a program that reminds you before you have to take your lunch. Most drivers won't like it. If you ignore it you may be fired.

Yeah, but anything at this point is better than a large sticker on the board that the customer is going to end up asking "Did you have your lunch break today?"

It's bad enough that we have Sups lining people up as they get back and treating them like kids, are we stooping so low that the customers now are going to ask?

I have to enter my time through the time system just like everybody else and if it isn't entered regularly, I hear about it too. If I keep "forgetting" I really hear about it, but that doesn't require anybody asking everyday if I did it or a big sign in front of my face to remind me.

Also as was mentioned earlier as a company if one person has a problem, that should be dealt with individually, there is no reason to make blanket announcements. It won't work on the people who aren't doing it and causes the people who are doing the right thing to think they are doing a bad job.

surviv'n_it

So your bosses report will look good. This is one of those cases where its alright to falsify records. Since you donate an hour to the company doing charity work, you don't get in trouble. An hour of OT X 250 working days equals an over $10,000 donation to the company a year.

I have already learned that its not falsifying records if UPS is on the winning end of the deal. It is only falsifying if UPS is on the losing end.