Good Lord

Goldilocks

Obama supports changing the definition of marriage, believes that human life is disposable and expendable at any time in the womb even beyond the womb.

When he was in the Illinois state Senate, Barack Obama voted to deny basic Constitutional protections for babies born alive from an abortion.

bbsam

Staff member
Obama supports changing the definition of marriage, believes that human life is disposable and expendable at any time in the womb even beyond the womb.

When he was in the Illinois state Senate, Barack Obama voted to deny basic Constitutional protections for babies born alive from an abortion.
Maybe in another four years Paul Ryan and Rick Santorum can win with that message.

MAKAVELI

What does being liberal have to do with religion? That's just an ignorant statement. This is America you know where we are supposed to have freedom of religion. Faith is a very personal aspect in ones life. And no one has the right to force any secular belief on an individual. If you are Catholic or Christian or Buddhist or Muslim or Jewish or whatever, that is great, but you have no right to force those beliefs on me through government legislation or laws designed to limit ones religious freedom. So please save the sermons and righteousness for your church.

Goldilocks

What does being liberal have to do with religion? That's just an ignorant statement. This is America you know where we are supposed to have freedom of religion. Faith is a very personal aspect in ones life. And no one has the right to force any secular belief on an individual. If you are Catholic or Christian or Buddhist or Muslim or Jewish or whatever, that is great, but you have no right to force those beliefs on me through government legislation or laws designed to limit ones religious freedom. So please save the sermons and righteousness for your church.

Our founding fathers based our country on religion. Check out the dollar bill, IN GOD WE TRUST.... Also, Catholics are Christians....

CJinx

Our founding fathers based our country on religion. Check out the dollar bill, IN GOD WE TRUST.... Also, Catholics are Christians....
An oversight by politicians who can't read the constitution. People object to it all the time and the federal government does not seek to prosecute people who strike the phrase off of their money.

MAKAVELI

Wrong again. The pilgrims left Great Britain for religious persecution. Our government is not founded on one secular belief. God is not a belief of just one religion. So why do you think everyone has to have the same religious beliefs?

newgirl

This thread is all over the place. What we need are jobs with live-able wages, and those are not being created. The government can increase minimum wage but that will just chase more businesses out. Taxing the wealthy and corps will just make them find better ways to hide their money--Companies answer to Wall St, not their employees. They believe they have an unending stream of people who will work at sub-par wages, and they do. Unions were the answer in the early part of the 20th century, but even they have lost a lot of power.

We need to take back control of the government by voting every single incumbent out of office. But that won't happen. People don't care, or half of the nation wouldn't have opted out on Nov 6th. I guess we would rather be subjegated than be free. Everyone start practicing your kneeling.

vantexan

Unfortunately Liberalism/Progressivism is a religion for many. But keep in mind, it's freedom of religion, not from religion. The Constitution doesn't give anyone the right to chase away every vestige of religious belief/symbolism from public life. It just guarantees the right to believe or not to believe as you choose, as long as you aren't forcing your beliefs on others or hurting them for not believing as you do. I disagree with the Muslims, but in this country they have the right to practice their religion. The big issue is whether they, or a significant percentage of them, feel that I have that same right. I certainly don't in many of their countries.

vantexan

In what states? Obama already had it won without Florida.

Obama got 71% of the Hispanic vote. And McCain got 3 million more votes than Romney did. Rubio may have gotten enough of the Hispanic vote and brought out enough voters for Romney to have made the difference. It's a big maybe, but still Obama winning was due to a lack of turnout among Republicans. Romney being a Mormon and a moderate probably kept many home. Obama didn't win in a landslide as some have suggested here.

bbsam

Staff member
Obama got 71% of the Hispanic vote. And McCain got 3 million more votes than Romney did. Rubio may have gotten enough of the Hispanic vote and brought out enough voters for Romney to have made the difference. It's a big maybe, but still Obama winning was due to a lack of turnout among Republicans. Romney being a Mormon and a moderate probably kept many home. Obama didn't win in a landslide as some have suggested here.
But hispanics in which states could have given Romney the electoral college. If Florida ended up not mattering and Obama won with 303 electoral votes, where would the hispanic vot have been big enouth to significantly change the electoral college?

MAKAVELI

Unfortunately Liberalism/Progressivism is a religion for many. But keep in mind, it's freedom of religion, not from religion. The Constitution doesn't give anyone the right to chase away every vestige of religious belief/symbolism from public life. It just guarantees the right to believe or not to believe as you choose, as long as you aren't forcing your beliefs on others or hurting them for not believing as you do. I disagree with the Muslims, but in this country they have the right to practice their religion. The big issue is whether they, or a significant percentage of them, feel that I have that same right. I certainly don't in many of their countries.

Clearly you haven't read the Constitution try reading up on the First Amendment. Separation of church and state was a Jefferson idea.

Goldilocks

Food stamps surged by the most in a year in the two months prior to the election. All-time record. A delayed release of information. The regime withheld information on food stamp usage.
Obama's USDA delayed release of a shockingly huge surge in food stamp usage. Here are the numbers. Obama delayed releasing information revealing a record-breaking monthly increase from July to August of 421,000. That's almost 10,000 new food stamp recipients per state in a single month, 421,000 new food stamp users. They all voted Obama. We now have a culture that will vote itself a lifestyle it is unwilling to earn.