Good Overview ov what is Happening.

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by RealPerson, May 24, 2013.

1. RealPerson

RealPerson Active Member

2. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

TDU sucks

3. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

This article has a slew of contradictions. here are just 2 of them:
    "The new contract won't lessen UPS supervisors' ability to harass drivers and assign overtime."
    Then the article reads:
    "Yes, new harassment language has been added"
    "As a driver, if you have more than four years’ seniority, to get a 9.5-hour day you have to demand to be on a “9.5 list”

But what else would you expect from Termites Destroying Unions?

4. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

f TDU they suck. How about they try and be positive for once.

5. stink219

They can't be positive until they take over a local or a GP spot. They the TDU gets its monthly check. That's the whole point of Paff's pyramid scheme. It's all about the $$$ with him. That azzho can't croak soon enough.

6. realbrown1

realbrown1 Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

That is just your opinion. And most of on here knows how little value your opinion caries.

7. realbrown1

realbrown1 Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

You two just fall all over yourselves with this hate stuff.

8. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

By the way it's of, not ov. Can't people at least proof read a new thread title.

9. hyena

hyena I shut down BC

Whats positve ,about Im a steward but not your steward, so whos steward are you stink219s?

10. hyena

hyena I shut down BC

TDU has done nothing but inform us? DROP THE AGENDA!

11. stink219

I'd request 407 to represent me any day.I know he would not back down against a manager. I've seen TDU guys deal with management. I call TDU guys the K-9s, because TDU is great at rolling over.

12. stink219

Bahahahaha!!!! Nothing is right!!

13. hyena

hyena I shut down BC

The K-9s go in first not there handlers.

14. hyena

hyena I shut down BC

hoffa hall grab 219 hes off his lease. Sit 219...

15. stink219

When your being disciplined you should still bring in a steward even if you are one. The "equality rule" will not apply in cases of discipline against yourself.

16. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

at least they don't sugarcoat it like the IBT does. both are at extremes and my experience tells me the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

17. stink219

They use a psycological tactic of installing fear and failure into our NLP
    (Neuro Linguistic Programming). Media has done this for years. No matter who is feeding you stuff, you should focus on 3 things.
    1. See things as they are, not worse.
    2. See it better than it currently is.
    3. Make it better than how you see it.
    The TDU way is the exact polar opposite of what this is. This is a tactic they use that has been around for decades for people to change political parties in office. Don't be fooled.

18. RealPerson

RealPerson Active Member

I will go Slow for you.
    Just because NEW language has been added, does not mean there is not already a way around it. Thus, several Union Members are calling for Stronger Language.

So, as I see it whoever wrote that article is saying IBT accomplished a little, but not enough. Have to wait another 5 years to try again :(

Since I am not a Driver I don't understand the 9.5 thing, but I have seen many what If's and so on and so on.. Language is to Grey....

19. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

What article were you reading? The one linked in the OP was pretty much about healthcare. I attempted to search the article for the quotes you gave and got nothing, even just searching for "harass."

If you're using another article that wasn't linked to form the basis of your contradiction stance you have to cite the article so we know where to look.

20. stink219

Sorry, I thought it was one link.
    It was the OPs second link.
    http://www.labornotes.org/blogs/2013/05/ups-largest-private-sector-contract-profitable-employer-flat-beer