Good Overview ov what is Happening.

stink219

This article has a slew of contradictions. here are just 2 of them:
"The new contract won't lessen UPS supervisors' ability to harass drivers and assign overtime."
Then the article reads:
"Yes, new harassment language has been added"
"As a driver, if you have more than four years’ seniority, to get a 9.5-hour day you have to demand to be on a “9.5 list”

But what else would you expect from Termites Destroying Unions?

"The new contract won't lessen UPS supervisors' ability to harass drivers and assign overtime."
Then the article reads:
"As a driver, if you have more than four years’ seniority, to get a 9.5-hour day you have to demand to be on a “9.5 list”

friend TDU they suck. How about they try and be positive for once.

stink219

friend TDU they suck. How about they try and be positive for once.
They can't be positive until they take over a local or a GP spot. They the TDU gets its monthly check. That's the whole point of Paff's pyramid scheme. It's all about the $$$ with him. That azzho can't croak soon enough.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
They can't be positive until they take over a local or a GP spot. They the TDU gets its monthly check. That's the whole point of Paff's pyramid scheme. It's all about the $$$ with him. That azzho can't croak soon enough.

You two just fall all over yourselves with this hate stuff.

hyena

I'd request 407 to represent me any day. I thought you were a steward why would he represent you?I know he would not back down against a manager. I dont know? hes a steward but hes not yours. I've seen TDU guys deal with management. I call TDU guys the K-9s, because TDU is great at rolling over.
The K-9s go in first not there handlers.

stink219

I'd request 407 to represent me any day. I thought you were a steward why would he represent you?I know he would not back down against a manager. I dont know? hes a steward but hes not yours. I've seen TDU guys deal with management. I call TDU guys the K-9s, because TDU is great at rolling over.
The K-9s go in first not there handlers.
When your being disciplined you should still bring in a steward even if you are one. The "equality rule" will not apply in cases of discipline against yourself.

A

anonymous6

at least they don't sugarcoat it like the IBT does. both are at extremes and my experience tells me the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

stink219

at least they don't sugarcoat it like the IBT does. both are at extremes and my experience tells me the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.
They use a psycological tactic of installing fear and failure into our NLP
(Neuro Linguistic Programming). Media has done this for years. No matter who is feeding you stuff, you should focus on 3 things.
1. See things as they are, not worse.
2. See it better than it currently is.
3. Make it better than how you see it.
The TDU way is the exact polar opposite of what this is. This is a tactic they use that has been around for decades for people to change political parties in office. Don't be fooled.

RealPerson

Then the article reads:

I will go Slow for you.
Just because NEW language has been added, does not mean there is not already a way around it. Thus, several Union Members are calling for Stronger Language.

So, as I see it whoever wrote that article is saying IBT accomplished a little, but not enough. Have to wait another 5 years to try again :(

Since I am not a Driver I don't understand the 9.5 thing, but I have seen many what If's and so on and so on.. Language is to Grey....

Nimnim

The Nim
Then the article reads:

What article were you reading? The one linked in the OP was pretty much about healthcare. I attempted to search the article for the quotes you gave and got nothing, even just searching for "harass."

If you're using another article that wasn't linked to form the basis of your contradiction stance you have to cite the article so we know where to look.

stink219

Then the article reads:

What article were you reading? The one linked in the OP was pretty much about healthcare. I attempted to search the article for the quotes you gave and got nothing, even just searching for "harass."

If you're using another article that wasn't linked to form the basis of your contradiction stance you have to cite the article so we know where to look.
Sorry, I thought it was one link.
It was the OPs second link.
http://www.labornotes.org/blogs/2013/05/ups-largest-private-sector-contract-profitable-employer-flat-beer