Good Overview ov what is Happening.

Nimnim

The Nim

That's ok, I don't read signatures normally so I didn't notice it.

You left out part of the article. "Yes, new harassment language has been added, but it doesn’t appear to add any teeth to what was there"
It is possible to add language that doesn't amount to anything. So there's no real contradiction there.

9.5 is brought up, and there's not much I can say about it until I experience it myself, but if the union was really looking to help those who don't want to work more than 9.5 the penalty shouldn't be applied to the time worked after 9.5 but for the entire day. The company is more likely to care about 10 hours at the penalty pay than 30 minutes at penalty pay or some similar amount.

A

anonymous6

What is amazing is guys like STINK and 407 sticking to the talking points of "this is a good contract"....

Who cares how the information is brought to the members? As I said earlier, this horrible contract proposal is only bringing members closer to TDU and NOT away from them. If there was ONE issue that can "polarize" people together, its this contract.

So far, TDU is right on the money. I dont support TDU or vote for thier representatives, but I can tell you on this issue of this contract, "WE" are closer than you would think.

YOU two monkeys can stick to the garbage youve been sold, while the rest of the country bans together to vote this piece of chitt down.

And for you STINK, you got a big mouth, yet nothing comes out of it. Youve been asked several times on several threads to JUSTIFY what makes this a good contract for you, and yet, you cannot fill a paragraph with anything legitimate.

You are merely a "parrot" for whoever has his hand up your keister operating your lips.

and 407, you as well have nothing to add to this converstation other than bashing the folks at TDU. NOW is not the time to divide ourselves from each other no matter what we may think of TDU.

So far, they are putting out good information as soon as it is available. Why not just say thank you?

Peace

TOS

why do you type peace at the end of your posts when your post does not promote peace??? it does the opposite.

A

anonymous6

wow! what a heated argument. this should tell everyone that it would not hurt for the IBT to go back to the bargaining table and shore things up.

last contract the swing between BCer's and the general ( voting ) membership was 20 points. using that number the contract gets voted down at 60-65% NO. it's gonna be close boys and girls.

Buddy, I assure you I'm the real deal. Whenever you want to meet up I'm around. I grew up with nothing. I fought for many years of my life just to survive. I've been shot at, stabbed and even push out of a moving car. But one thing I have never lost was a fight. So if your issuing a challenge, I'm all in! UPS saved me from going down a road of violence. I have close friends that, lets just say they give you a chance to pay the debt in 30 days. So let me know when your ready. I'll be there.
I don't believe it. I was born with a plastic spork in my mouth. I also moved around a lot as a kid. Most places were not good to raise a kid. I also had to fight to survive. Joined the navy to better my life. If what you say is true guys like us don't put up with any sheet from any buddy. That includes the big brown.,Also guys like us help the under dogs like your union brothers sisters.

stink219

I don't believe it. I was born with a plastic spork in my mouth. I also moved around a lot as a kid. Most places were not good to raise a kid. I also had to fight to survive. Joined the navy to better my life. If what you say is true guys like us don't put up with any sheet from any buddy. That includes the big brown.,Also guys like us help the under dogs like your union brothers sisters.
That is exactly why I became a steward. My sole purpose was to help the people that can't help themselves.

That is exactly why I became a steward. My sole purpose was to help the people that can't help themselves.
I don't think TDU sucks because the are on the front lines getting info. But I can see why you are frustrated with them because they are a bit extreme. But they can always give us good solid info. But what gets me is why you don't care about other locals that need your vote. If your local needed mine I wouldn't blink an eye. You would have it.

stink219

I don't think TDU sucks because the are on the front lines getting info. But I can see why you are frustrated with them because they are a bit extreme. But they can always give us good solid info. But what gets me is why you don't care about other locals that need your vote. If your local needed mine I wouldn't blink an eye. You would have it.
We do care. Conversely, you are asking me to disrupt the lives of my other brothers that I work next to everyday. This healthcare issue should be a supplemental one. Your asking people to preserve your better benefits when they see you moving to a plan that is still better than theirs. You do realize that their are other locals that have horrible benefit plans. You won't get much sympathy from them. I understand your concern. If you are under the CS, your even getting a bump in pension. I'm voting yes because I feel this contract gives something to everyone. We can't reach the pinnacle in every article because that would be too far fetched. One guy posted we should have gotten 1.50 a year raise. But what he didn't do is calculate how much that would cost. That raise would deplete UPS profits and collapse it's stock. We have seen this effect other companies.

We do care. Conversely, you are asking me to disrupt the lives of my other brothers that I work next to everyday. This healthcare issue should be a supplemental one. Your asking people to preserve your better benefits when they see you moving to a plan that is still better than theirs. You do realize that their are other locals that have horrible benefit plans. You won't get much sympathy from them. I understand your concern. If you are under the CS, your even getting a bump in pension. I'm voting yes because I feel this contract gives something to everyone. We can't reach the pinnacle in every article because that would be too far fetched. One guy posted we should have gotten 1.50 a year raise. But what he didn't do is calculate how much that would cost. That raise would deplete UPS profits and collapse it's stock. We have seen this effect other companies.
I disagree. The company could pay us $7.50 for five. They are going to triple profit by five to ten years by having no company plans for us. But we will still will be saying ( well this contract is good. lets just deal with it. ) As for your local buddy's they could be asking for are help soon.

IzzyTheNose

We do care. Conversely, you are asking me to disrupt the lives of my other brothers that I work next to everyday. This healthcare issue should be a supplemental one. Your asking people to preserve your better benefits when they see you moving to a plan that is still better than theirs. You do realize that their are other locals that have horrible benefit plans. You won't get much sympathy from them.

This is precisely why we need to stick together. The company is dividing and conquering us slowly but surely, and the Union is allowing it, knowingly or unknowingly.

The Mongols used this same tactic when crushing its enemies over and over again. And it didn't matter how many times they got away with it (think of the concessions we've seen on each contract). Someone always fell for it because they were promised something they wanted, or they were promised to merely keep what they already had. Sound familiar?

In the end, they crushed everyone they ever negotiated with.

We should ALL care A LOT about what our brothers aren't getting on the other side of the fence. As much, if not MORE than what we're being offered. Because if it's happening to your brothers on one side of the country, I can guarantee you will have to endure their burdens in the future.

My opinion since actually seeing the tentative agreement for myself hasn't changed. We haven't seen their best offer yet. Why would we settle on the first?

I understand your concern. If you are under the CS, your even getting a bump in pension. I'm voting yes because I feel this contract gives something to everyone. We can't reach the pinnacle in every article because that would be too far fetched. One guy posted we should have gotten 1.50 a year raise. But what he didn't do is calculate how much that would cost. That raise would deplete UPS profits and collapse it's stock. We have seen this effect other companies.

What you've failed to mention is that while everyone is getting something out of it, everyone is also losing something, and it's happening across the board. And they're so substantial that we may never EVER get them back. This proposed contract is RIDDLED with concessions. Our company thrived during a recession that crippled the automotive industry, along with other vital sectors. And UPS is still headed for an unbroken DECADE of profits.

I agree that we shouldn't price ourselves out of jobs or future growth. But we shouldn't be losing ANYTHING when the company is profiting year after year, and rewarding its CEO, CFO and COO for production we were and are still directly tied to.

We ALL have to think about the bigger picture here. Not just the next 5 years.

stink219

I disagree. The company could pay us $7.50 for five.
You need to do the math on that bud. You also need to factor the ramifications of the stock.
They are going to triple profit by five to ten years by having no company plans for us.
You do realize that UPS will still be paying for your benefits per hour.
But we will still will be saying ( well this contract is good. lets just deal with it. ) As for your local buddy's they could be asking for are help soon.
We were all for CS getting 6 billion to correct the pension issue. Where is our 6 billion?

RealPerson

You need to do the math on that bud. You also need to factor the ramifications of the stock.

You do realize that UPS will still be paying for your benefits per hour.

We were all for CS getting 6 billion to correct the pension issue. Where is our 6 billion?

Exactly, so now give them healthcare?
150,000 Brothers need your help.

Sucks UPS went Public on stock, they did that not us.

Why is it every contract Profits keep going up, and the outlook of shipping UPS stands to keep growing like crazy, that our raises don't even equal the contract before???

Starting Wages.... I know I wouldn't start working for UPS with the current TA..

stink219

Exactly, so now give them healthcare?
150,000 Brothers need your help.
UPS didn't want you anymore. I'd trust being in my Teamster run health over a UPS run plan any day.

Sucks UPS went Public on stock, they did that not us.
It is also their company. We provide a service for them. It's their company but our work.

Why is it every contract Profits keep going up, and the outlook of shipping UPS stands to keep growing like crazy, that our raises don't even equal the contract before???
Every contract the profits SHOULD BE going up!! That's a great thing. Unfortunately contract negotiations are not a blank check. Maybe the 10 cent difference went to taking 6 months off the time for people to start getting benifits?