...Good question (I think)

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Here it is:

If an employee bids a job that is a higher pay rate ...

( i.e. any circumstance -combo to driver, or even the .15cent night differential here in New England)

At what point can an employee begin grieving for back pay lost because they were not moved onto the bid they chose?

I.E. I bid in March 2007 and was never moved onto my bid. I bid again last month and still haven't been moved from the previous! It's really unbelievable to start with and there's no real recourse except "making waves".

We all know UPS is not "by the books" when it comes to bids. They hide people under the rug if possible when it benefits them. Here in New England, with a new bi-annual bid moved from annual, the moves are being made but still unlikely to be entire completed by the June 15th deadline.

Where and when do you begin to grieve for the lost pay? There doesn't seem to be any clear or standout contract language regarding this, either master or supplemental. If there is, please let myself and anyone else lost about this in the know!

Any comments appreciated!

dillweed

Seems it would depend on whether or not they placed a lessor seniority employee in that position. If they did, then you should grieve.

Or is it a new position they haven't totally defined yet and still being done by varous employees?

Has the position been held by someone who is expected to leave it?

Good question but I didn't have much of a good answer. Just more questions.

browniehound

From IDoLess:

"We all know UPS is not "by the books" when it comes to bids. They hide people under the rug if possible when it benefits them. Here in New England, with a new bi-annual bid moved from annual, the moves are being made but still unlikely to be entire completed by the June 15th deadline."

The good news for you is that you will be moved by June 15th. If you are not, UPS will lose the bi-annual bid and it will become an annual bid under the contract. You can bet your life that every manager will make sure his moves are done by the deadline or will probably lose his job.

As far as pay, I think you have a beef. Try grieveing it and see what happens. Who knows, you might win it:happy2:.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Seems it would depend on whether or not they placed a lessor seniority employee in that position. If they did, then you should grieve.

Or is it a new position they haven't totally defined yet and still being done by varous employees?

Has the position been held by someone who is expected to leave it?

Good question but I didn't have much of a good answer. Just more questions.

I have no idea who's doing the job, the bid sheets I have ( :whiteflag: ) don't have any name listed ( it's a relatively newly created job)

The question: will I or more importantly any employee be able to collect retro if you aren't moved....

IDoLessWorkThanMost

From IDoLess:

"We all know UPS is not "by the books" when it comes to bids. They hide people under the rug if possible when it benefits them. Here in New England, with a new bi-annual bid moved from annual, the moves are being made but still unlikely to be entire completed by the June 15th deadline."

The good news for you is that you will be moved by June 15th. If you are not, UPS will lose the bi-annual bid and it will become an annual bid under the contract. You can bet your life that every manager will make sure his moves are done by the deadline or will probably lose his job.

As far as pay, I think you have a beef. Try grieveing it and see what happens. Who knows, you might win it:happy2:.

The Phase-In procedure "clause" in the New England supplement is rather tricky.

If I had easy access to the supplement I'd copy it verbatim . It basically says "phase-in must be done expiditiously not to affect the operations of the employer"

If someone bids a FT package car job from a lowly 22.3, and isn't moved until 18 months later, that's quite a bit of money lost if they're in progression....

Seems like a very poor system to me.