Good quotes or metaphors to use when question about performance

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've been told to pick up the pace and a few of us have a phrase that we stole from an old driver....

"The pace is what the pace is"

DS

Fenderbender
When you know they are giving you way too much work,get the preload sup's attention and ask him if he has a cigarette.
Tell him you like to have a smoke after you get friend*@#ked

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"If you set me up to succeed... I will. If you set me up to fail....I will. I get paid the same either way."

CRASH501

Right after lunch on day 3 of an OJS on a route that I bid blind and was only running for about 10 days, on car sup, (demoted center manager, James D) says" hey I noticed since lunch your moving a little slower, can you step up the pace. now this guy now makes me laugh as this is my 1st stop after lunch, I ask how long he rehearsed that line in his head and then told him to run on ahead and wait for me that I would be along shortly, I now have to walk 100' plus, to use the crosswalk as opposed to jaywalking on a busy 5 lane south Bronx street. " HE WASN'T HAPPY"

Floyd Gondolli

When my pre-load sup gives me a hard time ill suck on a tooth, draw blood from my gingivitus, spit in my hand, show it to him and tell him, " see that, that's blood, i'm human"

Buck Fifty

Right after lunch on day 3 of an OJS on a route that I bid blind and was only running for about 10 days, on car sup, (demoted center manager, James D) says" hey I noticed since lunch your moving a little slower, can you step up the pace. now this guy now makes me laugh as this is my 1st stop after lunch, I ask how long he rehearsed that line in his head and then told him to run on ahead and wait for me that I would be along shortly, I now have to walk 100' plus, to use the crosswalk as opposed to jaywalking on a busy 5 lane south Bronx street. " HE WASN'T HAPPY"

I just tell them that i have a 15 yr pace not a 3 day pace. they generally get the picture.

TheKid

I have two.

"I am doing the best I can"
"I cannot make chicken salad out of chicken **** no matter how much mayo I add"

Brownfrown

I use a couple, depending upon how far I got it stuck in me that particular day.

"I was sent out with very little hope for having a successful day."

"If I could turn ***** into gold, I wouldn't need this job."

They also don't like to hear:

"You can work me long but you can't work me hard."

soberups

"Far be it from me to give you advice, but you might just consider making rational dispatch decisions in the future".

soberups

"Yes I understand that missed stops are a bad thing but look on the bright side. You got the packages out of the building, you got the preloader off of the clock, and you eliminated enough routes to make yourself look good on a report. Three out of four aint bad."