Good Quotes

moreluck

golden ticket member
It wouldn't let me get to the quotes.....so I started a new one.

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should laugh and dance!
Life's greatest satisfactions include getting the last laugh, having the last word, and paying the last installment.
"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why it's recommend it daily."
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer. - Alfred North Whitehead -
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me,I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
The quieter you become, the more you can hear.
A little girl, watching farmhands spreading out a stack of hay to dry, could contain her curiosity no longer, so she politely asked, "Is it a needle you're looking for?"
"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare." (Japanese Proverb)
"Money won't buy happiness, but it will pay the salaries of a large research staff to study the problem." (Bill Vaughan)

upschuck

If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer. - Alfred North Whitehead -
"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare." (Japanese Proverb)
"Money won't buy happiness, but it will pay the salaries of a large research staff to study the problem." (Bill Vaughan)

UPS peak season motto

big idea

Such an inspiring quote I read today on Browncafe....warms your heart..........

---" know your role and shut your hole."

:bpotd:
Yea i read this today also.I often wonder how he treats his customers.Real class.One of my favorite quotes was from a sup. when i was retiring on dec.1st he asked if i could stay untill jan.1st.He said "we will take care of you" lol

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yea i read this today also.I often wonder how he treats his customers.Real class.One of my favorite quotes was from a sup. when i was retiring on dec.1st he asked if i could stay untill jan.1st.He said "we will take care of you" lol
Yeah, and if you like your plan, you can keep it !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's easy to keep from being a bore. Praise the person to whom you are talking.

"To be seventy years young is sometimes far more cheerful and hopeful than to be forty years old." (Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.)

Why does the capital have so many one-way streets? So that all the civil servants coming in late won't collide with those going home early.

There are seven possible ways to warm your feet in February. Dipping them in the Caribbean is one. If you can afford that, forget about the other six.

If all those who sleep in church were laid end to end, they would probably be more comfortable.

Sign on a delicatessen: "If you feel like a coward, drop in and we'll make you a hero."

moreluck

golden ticket member
Statistics show that at the age of seventy, there are five women to every man. Isn't that an ironic time for a guy to get those odds?
When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and swing.
Why do people squint their eyes when they can't see? Wouldn't that just make it less space to see out of ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm not smart. I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall but Newton was the only one who asked why.

"Money brings you food, but not appetite; medicine, but not health; acquaintances, but not friends." (Henrik Ibsen)

Your biggest obstacle is the distance between your two ears.

Being in therapy is great. I spend an hour just talking about myself. It's kinda like being the guy on a date.

"There are two seasonal diversions that can ease the bite of any winter. One is the January thaw. The other is the seed catalogues." (Hal Borland)

moreluck

golden ticket member
"If most of us are ashamed of shabby clothes and shoddy furniture, let us be more ashamed of shabby ideas and shoddy philosophies." (Albert Einstein)

I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"My grandmother is over 80 and she still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle." - Henny Youngman _

"I'm beginning to understand exactly how the state lottery helps education," a guy told his neighbor. "Every time I buy a losing ticket, I get a little smarter"

Only in America... Do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Experts agree that the best type of computer for your individual needs is the one that comes on the market about two days after you actually purchase some other computer.

The superior man seeks what is right; the inferior one, what is profitable. - Confucius -

"Wisdom is to know that rest is rust and that real life is in love, laughter, and work." ~Elbert Hubbard~

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you don't believe lead can be changed into gold, wait till you get a bill from your plumber.
The closest I ever got to a 4.0 in college was my blood alcohol content.

moreluck

golden ticket member
At the age of twenty, we don't care what the world thinks of us; at thirty, we worry what it's thinking of us; at forty, we discover it wasn't thinking of us at all.

moreluck

golden ticket member
WHO KNEW? The average mall Santa weighs 220 pounds and has a 43- waist.

"Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies..."

moreluck

golden ticket member
Here's a fun fact: You know how much Christmas wrapping paper is on the average roll? Four inches less than you need." -Jay Leno -

Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never fires, and a touch that never hurts.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"keep away from people who try to belittle your ambition. Small people always do that, but the really great people make you feel that you, too, can become great." ~Mark Twain~

Ten percent of the Russian government's income comes from the sale of vodka

moreluck

golden ticket member
Never hit a man with glasses. Hit him with a baseball bat.

We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.

A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

Some cause happiness wherever they go. Others... Whenever they go.

I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.

I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.

War does not determine who is right. It determines who is left.