Good Shoes to work in?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Express Courier, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Express Courier

Express Courier Active Member

I'm in the market for a new pair of work shoes. Anyone have suggestions of some good walking/training shoes they like and use at work? I'm not going the steel toe or composite route either. Just some straight up good shoes for us couriers.

The shoes I currently work in have seen better days and the cushion was never that great in them.
  2. snackdad

snackdad New Member

Best I have ever worn are ECCO's. Well worth the money and benefits for feet and back. Track IV Black.

ECCO Track 5 Moc Boot | Men's - Black/Black - FREE SHIPPING at
  3. Express Courier

Thanks for the suggestion. Seems to be a good shoe although I think it's a bit bulky for my tastes.

I'm currently looking at Asics on their website (kind of hard to find black Asics it seems though)
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  4. Rhoderunner

Rhoderunner Active Member

Using Asics Gels now myself. Different model from your link but love mine !!

GEL-Venture® 3 @ ASICSAmerica

I know...not quite policy but no one has said anything....yet :devil3:
  5. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

New balance. Cheap and comfy. Then I get Merrills for winter time.
  6. mitchel

mitchel Member

half my station, myself included wear the new balance black shoes. comfy and not expensive.
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I wear these and used to be able to get two years out of a pair---now I barely get one.
  8. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

Wow, those are nice.
  9. BoxDriver

BoxDriver New Member

I noticed the same thing with the worn out New Balance shoes I need to replace now too. Thought I just had a bad pair. Guess it's time to try a different shoe.
  10. mitchel

mitchel Member

if the shoe lasts a year, considering the constand in and out of a truck and hot pavement. also, the gravel and dirt when i do a rural rt, i think a year is good.. im on my third pair and will buy another when needed
  11. Express Courier

Oh those are nice and not expensive at all. I think they have plenty of black in them imo. Also the colors of my favorite baseball team.
  12. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

whatever the brand/ price, i use gel insole inserts...

i'll also get 3 pairs & rotate them

during rainy days, i'll have "crap kickers" or the worn out ones & have 2 pairs with some backup socks.

sometimes, for especially heavy rain days, i'll switch to my aqua shoes until the rain storm subsides. Then back to shoes/socks.

better than flip-flops, eh?
  13. LTFedExer

LTFedExer New Member

Same here.

OP - you realize FedEx will reimburse you $50 for steel toe. You can also get reimbursed for these, even though its composite. Basically, you get boots for free. But, only once a year.
  14. Express Courier

Yeah I'm aware of that and actually it's $100 they'll reimburse (at my station anyway) unless that changed in the last year. I used it a few times but I just want some comfy kicks to work in.
  15. HomeDelivery

that's a nice reimbursement program... too bad a contractor won't match that, then i'll get those dual-purpose shoes that's waterproof as well
  16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Did you know that you can deduct the cost of the shoes and any other non-reimbursed job expenses on your income taxes?
  17. HomeDelivery

yes, but i still fall under the % rate to not matter if i filed it or not...

The Asics are nice....I need to replace mine, been wearing them for over a year. Nice and squishy soles and they breathe well too.
  19. DontThrowPackages

DontThrowPackages Well-Known Member

NB or Asic! Every foot is different so go to a store and try on this two brands.
  20. Ricochet1a

Ricochet1a New Member

This all presumes that Ground "helpers" bring in enough each year to itemize their federal return. I'd bet not a single Ground "helper" itemizes their federal return, they take the standard deduction....

So much for itemizing job expenses...