Good Shoes to work in?

Express Courier

I'm in the market for a new pair of work shoes. Anyone have suggestions of some good walking/training shoes they like and use at work? I'm not going the steel toe or composite route either. Just some straight up good shoes for us couriers.

The shoes I currently work in have seen better days and the cushion was never that great in them.

snackdad

Best I have ever worn are ECCO's. Well worth the money and benefits for feet and back. Track IV Black.

ECCO Track 5 Moc Boot | Men's - Black/Black - FREE SHIPPING at OnlineShoes.com

Express Courier

Best I have ever worn are ECCO's. Well worth the money and benefits for feet and back. Track IV Black.

ECCO Track 5 Moc Boot | Men's - Black/Black - FREE SHIPPING at OnlineShoes.com

Thanks for the suggestion. Seems to be a good shoe although I think it's a bit bulky for my tastes.

I'm currently looking at Asics on their website (kind of hard to find black Asics it seems though)

Last edited:

Rhoderunner

Using Asics Gels now myself. Different model from your link but love mine !!

GEL-Venture® 3 @ ASICSAmerica

I know...not quite policy but no one has said anything....yet :devil3:

mitchel

I noticed the same thing with the worn out New Balance shoes I need to replace now too. Thought I just had a bad pair. Guess it's time to try a different shoe.

if the shoe lasts a year, considering the constand in and out of a truck and hot pavement. also, the gravel and dirt when i do a rural rt, i think a year is good.. im on my third pair and will buy another when needed

Express Courier

Using Asics Gels now myself. Different model from your link but love mine !!

GEL-Venture® 3 @ ASICSAmerica

I know...not quite policy but no one has said anything....yet :devil3:
Oh those are nice and not expensive at all. I think they have plenty of black in them imo. Also the colors of my favorite baseball team.

HomeDelivery

whatever the brand/ price, i use gel insole inserts...

i'll also get 3 pairs & rotate them

during rainy days, i'll have "crap kickers" or the worn out ones & have 2 pairs with some backup socks.

sometimes, for especially heavy rain days, i'll switch to my aqua shoes until the rain storm subsides. Then back to shoes/socks.

AquaShoes.jpg

better than flip-flops, eh?
AquaShoes.jpg

LTFedExer

I wear these and used to be able to get two years out of a pair---now I barely get one.
Same here.

OP - you realize FedEx will reimburse you $50 for steel toe. You can also get reimbursed for these, even though its composite. Basically, you get boots for free. But, only once a year.

Express Courier

Same here.

OP - you realize FedEx will reimburse you $50 for steel toe. You can also get reimbursed for these, even though its composite. Basically, you get boots for free. But, only once a year.
Yeah I'm aware of that and actually it's $100 they'll reimburse (at my station anyway) unless that changed in the last year. I used it a few times but I just want some comfy kicks to work in.

HomeDelivery

that's a nice reimbursement program... too bad a contractor won't match that, then i'll get those dual-purpose shoes that's waterproof as well

Ricochet1a

Did you know that you can deduct the cost of the shoes and any other non-reimbursed job expenses on your income taxes?

This all presumes that Ground "helpers" bring in enough each year to itemize their federal return. I'd bet not a single Ground "helper" itemizes their federal return, they take the standard deduction....

So much for itemizing job expenses...