Good things about driving

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Everyday I end up going insane from the volume of messages I get during the day, I'm not joking when I say it's at least 15. That figure isn't even including any ODA's I receive during the day, half of which aren't even mine and get overrided.

LOL! I especially love it when our sup sends out pointless UPS propoganda messages, such as "watch out for crazy friday drivers", or "make sure to use proper lifting techniques when handling overweight packages". Like, have you nothing better to do?

Though we do operate our centre with minimal contact from management of any kind. We haven't actually seen our sup for a couple of months now and it's been weeks since we even heard from him at all, and I am not joking.

satellitedriver

Best thing for me is being pulled over by the Texas Highway Patrol and have them apologize for pulling me over. It happened twice in the last 20 yrs, both said, "I know you guys are under a lot of pressure and I won't give you a ticket".
Priceless

helenofcalifornia

Can we say, "rehab." And those INSANE safety messages are just crazy. Does anyone else see that UPS safety calendar with a specific topic to be used each day? Ours is pinned up on the wall so we all know what we will be hearing that day. Our OMS lightens up the messages with a little bit of her humor, otherwise it's "big arrow up" and we are out of there. Thank God it is not "response required!"

brownman15

Best thing for me is being pulled over by the Texas Highway Patrol and have them apologize for pulling me over. It happened twice in the last 20 yrs, both said, "I know you guys are under a lot of pressure and I won't give you a ticket".
Priceless

i wish illinois would do that i got a ticket in a construction zone a couple of months ago i was the fourth driver to get a ticket in our center in the last three months

ikoi62

just think of all the friends you make while on deliveries. have been retired now for almost 7 years and while i am out and about people will still come up to me and say hi that i use to deliver too.

isn't that the truth i have been off my truck for close to 3 years and i still get calls on my cell and Christmas cards and emails from my friends that are on my old route..
plus i met my wife too on route!