Good to be Alive (Warning - graphic content)

over9five

Staff member
This morning (12:48, I know this cuz I had just posted "truck stop" in the Two Word thread), I'm sitting in my tractor taking my break just outside the WORMA building.
I hear a CRASH, and screaching tires. Can't really tell where it came from, but there's a set stopped on the road. Several of us run out there, and there's a car spun out on the other side of the far guardrail against some parked trailers.
The car had to have been going a hundred. To hit our trailer in the street, spin out, hit parked trailers hard enough to MOVE THEM...
To most of us it was pretty apparent the driver was dead, but one brave UPSer did make his way in to check for a pulse. I'll tell him he did an awesome job next time I see him.
I want to say more, but it would be too graphic for some. I will say the airbag did deploy, but the driver was not wearing a seatbelt.

So everyone go tell your KIDS, your WIFE, your HUSBAND... ALWAYS wear that seatbelt. Maybe it would have saved his life, maybe not. But his body was not in the drivers seat where the airbag was....

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
This morning (12:48, I know this cuz I had just posted "truck stop" in the Two Word thread), I'm sitting in my tractor taking my break just outside the WORMA building.
I hear a CRASH, and screaching tires. Can't really tell where it came from, but there's a set stopped on the road. Several of us run out there, and there's a car spun out on the other side of the far guardrail against some parked trailers.
The car had to have been going a hundred. To hit our trailer in the street, spin out, hit parked trailers hard enough to MOVE THEM...
To most of us it was pretty apparent the driver was dead, but one brave UPSer did make his way in to check for a pulse. I'll tell him he did an awesome job next time I see him.
I want to say more, but it would be too graphic for some. I will say the airbag did deploy, but the driver was not wearing a seatbelt.

So everyone go tell your KIDS, your WIFE, your HUSBAND... ALWAYS wear that seatbelt. Maybe it would have saved his life, maybe not. But his body was not in the drivers seat where the airbag was....

Damn, Ovah.

I just saw this. Are you OK?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yeah, I'm fine. Wish we could have done more for the car driver.
People have gotten themselves into a big rush these days. Speeding so fast on the highway. 80-85 seems to be slow in the left lane these days. I tell everyone that wil listen, wear your belt, stay in the middle lane if you can,and don't look at that phone. Crazy world. I think people think they will survive if they are going that fast, it's not a guarantee, even with airbags and seat belts.

oldngray

nowhere special
People have gotten themselves into a big rush these days. Speeding so fast on the highway. 80-85 seems to be slow in the left lane these days. I tell everyone that wil listen, wear your belt, stay in the middle lane if you can,and don't look at that phone. Crazy world. I think people think they will survive if they are going that fast, it's not a guarantee, even with airbags and seat belts.

and put that stinking phone down while you are driving