Good use of Federal money?

over9five

Staff member
Of the 125 million dollars Mass is receiving from the spending bill, 1 out of 5 of those dollars is going to preserve the Kennedy legacy.

"$5.8 million for a new Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the Senate to be located near the John friend. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum, which will receive $22 million for upgrades from the bill."

I find this pretty disgusting. Really wish Obama had kept his word about earmarks.

Channahon

Just goes to show you your local government is just as screwed up with their priorities as the federal government. To spend 27 million out of 125 for the Kennedy's, wow, you would think Ted, although as sick as he is, would oppose this spending.

Isn't Ted one of the biggest supporter for national healthcare? It would seem that would be money better spent. And I'm sure the schools noted at the end of the article would benefit from the 27 million, more so than museums honoring the Kennedy's.

The Kennedy's are a legacy in politics, but history books, can relate to their legacy, as opposed to this kind of spending.

One would think the Kennedy's would have enough of their own money, not use the taxpayers.

over9five

Staff member
One would think the Kennedy's would have enough of their own money, not use the taxpayers.

EXACTLY!

Poor Teddy. I feel sorry for him every time he gets some award. They're really piling stuff on him lately. The Knighthood, birthday tribute, Profile in Courage. Obviously, everyones trying to get all this in before he passes. Well, obviously imho...

chev

Nightcrawler
Of the 125 million dollars Mass is receiving from the spending bill, 1 out of 5 of those dollars is going to preserve the Kennedy legacy.

"$5.8 million for a new Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the Senate to be located near the John friend. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum, which will receive $22 million for upgrades from the bill."

I find this pretty disgusting. Really wish Obama had kept his word about earmarks.
Will there be an instructional booth on how to drunkenly drown someone and get away with it? :wink2:
Over....he couldn't kick that bucket soon enough for my liking.

tieguy

Banned
Will there be an instructional booth on how to drunkenly drown someone and get away with it? :wink2:
Over....he couldn't kick that bucket soon enough for my liking.

I can't say I disagree. The mans led an immoral life at the taxpayers expense. I'm not for kissing the mans but just because he got old.

The money dedicated towards a memorial to Kennedy is no different to me then Austria dedicating one towards Hitler.

The irony I often find is these Kennedy supporters will quickly tell you how bad or immoral the country is but yet never had a problem with the kennedys living like royalty off dads illegally gotten gains or Kennedys life off leeching off the taxpayer.