Goodbye , Brown Cafe. Management Surveillance of This Site Is Last Straw.

kingOFchester

Couldnt say It, any better myself! Monday cant come soon enough!

Got my Brown's on now. Chomping at the bit. Info notices in pocket, pencil sharpened, boots shined, razor ready to go, uniform pressed........come on Monday!! Can't wait for the group sing-a-long of Kumbaya, arm in arm, during the PCM tomorrow!

Feel bad for the poor folks over at Google.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
" I would be hard pressed to stay here if I knew that my posts were being monitored...." (upstate)

Your posts ARE moderated. All of our posts are moderated.
Everyone's posts are" capable" of being moderated, including the mods. Not every post is read.

Nimnim

The Nim
The site has changed over the past couple of years and perhaps he just does not enjoy spending time here anymore, especially when he knows he must watch what he says while he is here. Yeah, he could change his user name, but should he have to? I would be hard pressed to stay here if I knew that my posts were being monitored, even though I don't say anything here that I wouldn't say if I were speaking to you directly.
" I would be hard pressed to stay here if I knew that my posts were being monitored...." (upstate)
Your posts ARE moderated. All of our posts are moderated.

More, I know you don't like Upstate, but in this case you're trying to stir up something that isn't needed.

Upstate was talking about UPS monitoring our posts, we all know our posts here are moderated by the staff, but that's completely different than UPS monitoring.

Moderated by the staff of the forum and monitored by my management team are clearly not one in the same.

There was no description by you of what type of monitoring, so monitoring in general is assumed.....unless you specify other.

It wasn't specific.......and reading between the lines is psychic and should only be attempted by Dionne Warwick !!

There's no reading between the lines when you take the full sentence and not just a partial statement. "I would be hard pressed to stay here if I knew that my posts were being monitored, even though I don't say anything here that I wouldn't say if I were speaking to you directly."

When you cut it off at the comma you remove context that obviously doesn't apply to online moderation.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Would you concede that there is a difference between you moderating our posts and UPS monitoring our activity on this forum?
Yes, they cannot remove swear words and other profanity laden issues. As most have said, who cares, as long as you dont say anything you wouldnt say elsewhere......whats the problem? Im sure some dweeb also sits in some dark little cubicle, checking out our facebook pages also.

kingOFchester

Would you concede that there is a difference between you moderating our posts and UPS monitoring our activity on this forum?

My question would be, why is UPS monitoring this site in the first place? There are so many issues that need to be addressed. It would be like monitoring the amount of water that is flushed down the toilet to save a buck while leaving the AC/heater running at full blast with every door and window wide open.

I would suggest that they concentrate their efforts in getting the correct packages in the correct truck.
Getting me my call tags, rather then the call tags for the split.
Getting sups that know how to deliver.
Getting our trucks washed.
Teaching loaders how to load properly.
Etc, ect.......

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, they cannot remove swear words and other profanity laden issues. As most have said, who cares, as long as you dont say anything you wouldnt say elsewhere......whats the problem? Im sure some dweeb also sits in some dark little cubicle, checking out our facebook pages also.

Anyone checking out my fb homepage would die from boredom.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My question would be, why is UPS monitoring this site in the first place? There are so many issues that need to be addressed. It would be like monitoring the amount of water that is flushed down the toilet to save a buck while leaving the AC/heater running at full blast with every door and window wide open.

I would suggest that they concentrate their efforts in getting the correct packages in the correct truck.
Getting me my call tags, rather then the call tags for the split.
Getting sups that know how to deliver.
Getting our trucks washed.
Teaching loaders how to load properly.
Etc, ect.......

Think of this place as water cooler talk. While nothing concrete can be gained by monitoring they can gain a general consensus of the mood amongst the hourlies.

kingOFchester

Think of this place as water cooler talk. While nothing concrete can be gained by monitoring they can gain a general consensus of the mood amongst the hourlies.

Oh, so I guess they are striving to have hourlies that are frustrated, fed up and just plain burnt out? Seems to be working.

Also, walk into a building and engage with the hourlies. Suits walk in and walk by staring at the floor.