Goodbye Feeders

U

upsfeedersdsm

Well thats how it works where im from the planes come in around 9:30 and we take the loads from the airport to the hub. I posted like 400 and some contractors numbers for you to download these or more hell cant you see these guys are not wearing browns one guy is out washing his windows and these are UPS air trailers. Why would they do this well are Feeder man, must not be real smart He threatened to do this if we filed on the contractors and he did like I said we had people sitting at home(MORE THAN WILLING TO WORK) not even putting in a full week let alone maxing out their DOT hours.
Their kids needed Christmas Presents ,clothes ,gloves and food while this jack ass was on a ego trip. I work every peak less hours during peak then I get the rest of the year.Again this jack ass had to pay green checks over $1000.00 ea to those that filed He will get his HR has been contacted and soon his ego will come crashing down!
I could go on for hours I gave you numbers I gave you pics and I have offered to e-mial a video to you If you want to believe that UPS will follow the contract thats your choice but you have to believe their Jackasses with their dollars and hired contractors to move loads 10 miles or more, and had people sitting at home shake off the (brownwashing) they must of did a good job on your bainwashing the gov. could use some good people like that!
Now if I did not explain myself good enough please forgive me. I did not mean to insult you as I am a dumb truck driver not a writer and never have claimed to be ,but I can tell you this I can tell when over 600 of my loads are being moved by contractors.

(Message edited by upsfeedersdsm on August 21, 2002)

L

lr1937

Feeder drivers,
What is the point? I know of no one at ups with any kind of seniority who can't bid back to some type of job. Jobs at ups continue to grow and so does the company. Your representatives are paid to do what is best for the entire work force and I do not believe that the teamsters would allow anything that was not in the total memberships interests. Instead of complaining and putting your facts here, take them to your supervisor, write a letter to the board, file greivances, NLRB charges, write you gongressman, visit your local union officers or do something positive to fix your problem. It sounds to me like you may have been given answers you don't want to hear.

T

tieguy

>>Well thats how it works where im from the planes come in around 9:30 and we take the loads from the airport to the hub.<<

Does not add up. It would be very expensive using contractors on local runs. Much cheaper to use the drivers on call. UPS is much smarter with the dollar that that.

>>I posted like 400 and some contractors numbers for you to download these or more hell cant you see these guys are not wearing browns<<

Take pictures of my yard then because they aren't wearing browns either, must be contractors. Our shifters never wear the browns when in the yard.

U

upsfeedersdsm

Shifters in our yard do and have to ware browns I know some places they dont, also the pics are showing them pulling up to the airport off ups leased property and do you find it funny that we would use sleeper tractors to shift in the yard as smart as our management is you would think we would use a shifter/spotter type tractor or a day cab not a 24 ft. sleeper tractor. If you look up single source on the dot iowa web site it is a trucking company not a tractor lease company but Im sure you will find some sort of problem there too.

T

tieguy

Still don't make sense. Why would ups use contracters for local runs? if this is happening then you have some pictures of the contractors leaving the air yard with our loads?

U

upsfeedersdsm

Look you can see clear through the trailer safe. If we did that look out!

L

lr1937

I have this theory or opinion or whatever you want to call it. It goes like this. Many employees at ups(management &amp; union) have never worked anywhere else and have no idea what the real employment world is all about. At ups there is job security and has been since 1907 and no seniortity employee has few if any concerns about layoff, where the next paycheck is coming from, low wages, unfair and unscrupulous working conditions, no benefits, few if any paid days off, using whatever business that best suits the companies aim, firing at will, and the list goes on and on. UPS has been able to meet most if not all of the high expectations that its employees have. I think a small minority of ups employees are spoiled by only working for ups. They don't worry about layoffs, they worry about having to do something different rather than nothing at all. They have always worked for a company with top pay and benefits and no amount of pay or benefits will ever satisfy their desire for more. They whine about management and have never been there or seen really poorly managed companies. They think anyone who is proud of the company they work for is brainwashed, brownblooded, or brown nosed and try to get their fellow workers to believe this way. They dwell on every mistake or unfair act that happens and have never worked in an a realy bad job. They never want to see anything change and their own comfort level is all they are concerned about.
They get angry when someone suggests that they try working another job. They think it is a bad suggestion made by bad management people when in reality it may be the only solution to their one company spoiled attititude. The list goes on and on.
This theory does not apply to most of the people that work at ups(union and management) who are proud of their company, do constructive bitching, and appreciate what they have. This theory only applies to a handful of emloyees(union and management) whose expectations will never be satisfied and consistantly whine about everything.
This theory of mine is not scientific and is an opinion based years of observation and dealing with people in all kinds of careers, jobs and endeavors.
I hope this post ruffles a few feathers and causes some thought about what is good in your life.

R

robonono

lr1937,
No feathers ruffled here. In fact I believe that you are absolutely correct.
icon201.gif

T

tieguy

Feeder if we are using contractors to make a local run you should have pictures of these contractors leaving the property of the airport and entering the property of the hub they were going to?

U

upsfeedersdsm

Tie guy I have given enough evidence over the last few day I would like to thank you for asking so many questions. It let me show all the other Teamsters what went on here in Iowa and I have had so many e-mails I cant keep up but I will get to all of them ,some had the same proble we had but together next peak and the rest of the year we will have a nice little network of eyes.I have more pics but it takes up so much web space I will just send them the video in the e-mail Thanks again tie guy I knew you knew this was going on but I loved playing along. I was parked next to airport property after sept 11,It was just a little scary a guy running around with a video camra or I might of done a little better job.

U

upsfeedersdsm

Ir1937 Im not sure where that came from or if it was thrown at me but if it was let me tell you I have worked a few jobs some small ma and pa types and some large corps I have never worked at a place like this one.We have to have teamsters here I dont like shelling out $61.00 a month but its cheap ins.As far as my work history at ups I started in 1985 I went to school full time worked a part time job besides ups and farmed, then got a full time job where the min. hours I worked where 55 hrs at the full time job and nites at ups during peak I would work double shifts what I could handle. also worked 11 hours on the weekend at a third job , and then a bought a farm of my own 120 acres only about 35 head of cattle and rented a few acres again while I still worked full time 55 hours a week or more still working the weekend job 11 hours and at UPS some time sleeping 3 hrs a night during the week , then I went full time at Ups after 10 years partime where I worked packagecar and again farming and working 11 hours on the weekend. I now only work full time and have a the land no cows, but I just wanted you to know I know what hard work not to feel sorry for me or whatever smartass remark I will get out of this post, I have a kick ass savings so I wont have to work after 55 ,but most of these people know what hard work is if they have worked in the hub or baled hay ect. I know a lot of these feeder guys got hired off the street and have no clue what it was like to work in the hub bale hay or come home soaked clear down to you underware with sweat but I can tell you If I give a man my word he knows I will do what I say I will unlike the management at UPS and hey I worked 43 hours all peak but the point is UPS hired these other guys signed a contract with the union not to use sub contractors in any classifaction to elimnate overtime pay and to use the excisting feeder net work first then they went out hired a bunch of contractors and let some of our drivers sit at home 3 and 4 days a week from the week before Thanksgiving till jan. 5 all because One feeder manager has a big ego and hey we only had 5 or 6 guys/whiners file for the tune of over $25000.00 just a litte contract violation thats not hundred either and yes we have had 4 or 5 (just quit then) Drivers that did not file. If they didnt like it then too should of made the company follow the contract Unheard of quiting a company like ours.

Thats how it is to work in a fine company like UPS they have no idea what the real employment world is all about,they are unfair and unscrupulous working conditions dont get me wrong I love my job and make a hell of a good living its just the bad management we have in charge in Iowa right now not all of them just This theory does not apply to not all of them just a few. One thing I really hate to see is a union person whines and gets what he wants and the hell with the rest of his brothers and sister as long as hes not involved then it must be ok or has the UPS double standard way of thinking . So as far as ruffles a few feathers and causes some thought would that be turkey or chicken?

T

tieguy

Your quite welcome. So you don't have video of them actually pulling these loads off property which would seem to be the easiest shot to get? You don't have video of them pulling into a UPS hub with these loads which should also be the easiest shot to get?

U

upsfeedersdsm

If I did would you admit that this goes on or what if I had copys of the grievances with the names of the people blacked out to protect them?

T

tieguy

Feeders you seemed like you were pretty straight up at first. Now your starting to act very evasive?

U

upsfeedersdsm

No Im not being evasive you seem to be the evasive one will you admit this is going on if I give you pics of the contractors entering and leaving a hub or I can post the winning grievance with the names blacked out to protect the people involved thats pretty straight foward dont you think?

T

tieguy

I suppose that would be pretty straight forward. You say we're using the contractors for this movement. To me it seems a waste of time hiding by the airport to shoot your video. All you had to do was be a union employee on property of whatever hub those loads went to when the contractor rolled in with the load. I don't understand the big mystery.

F

feederdryver

icon303.gif

I said I would be back with the language regarding the Memorandum of Understanding for Article 1 Section 4 which (along with many other Memorandums) were not included in the ballot and contract envelopes. If the members voted not knowing this language, then I believe this is BLATANT fraud and witheld information. Can we sue over this? What does TDU have to say about it? Smells like arbitration to me nevertheless.

Here it is... from page 73 of our wonderful new contract (puke)

Memorandum of Understanding

Teamsters United Parcel Service National Negotiating Committee and United Parcel Service, Inc. (OH and NY) (UPS)agree that it is their intention that Article 1, Section 4 of the parties National Master Agreement is only intended to prohibit any affiliate or entity from using its own equipment (either owned or
leased) and hiring employees to operate such equipment (either directly or through an employee leasing company) to perform common carrier operations as described in Article 1, Section 4.

Now, who were the bubble heads who told me to RELAAAAX ???

T

teamstermember

have you looked for this ad in your local newspaper?

Independent Contractor/Owner/Operator

UPS Logistics group has an excellent opportunity for owner operators. Need insured covered p/u or van, must know local area, communication skills &amp; professional atittude. Flexible hours.

----------
what does this mean? what work are they wanting subcontractors to do?

U

upsfeedersdsm

What is zone skipping I found a box will a UPS zone skipping lable on it. Is the a Logistics or a Independent Contractor/Owner/Operator
hauled pkg.?

F

feederdude

Zone skipping is coming from drop shippers. We have been processing these for a looooong time.
A shipper for example, will have merchandise for the opposite coast from which they reside, they have an entire truck load for that area, they handle the moving of the freight to the nearest location the packages are destined, and they pay the zone rate from that location. We still get the volume. This isn't something new. Some folks would like to see this volume going to Fed-Ex I presume?????
Feederdude