Goodbye HD dog!

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by STFXG, Jun 11, 2014.

1. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Looks like we are phasing out the HD branding. No more uniforms with the HD logo and no more trucks will get the HD logos. They will all be branded Ground.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  2. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Awww one big happy family.
  4. CaliforniaPaul

CaliforniaPaul Active Member

Smart move, should cut costs.
  5. Route 66

Route 66 Throbbing Member

I'm seeing it ALL eventually phasing into just one large indistinguishable FedEx. Already happening with the uniforms - no more orange, no more 'Express' - just a very generic 'FedEx' in all white lettering.

That's where we're headed, folks. And as far as the customer is concerned - we're already there.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Yep. Most of the new tractors are logoed "FedEx"" Express".One big,dysfunctional family full of criminals and deviants....and molesters (Smith).
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

One more in a long line of failed marketing schemes.

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

I don't think the customers or UPS care !

All seemed like Fedex to me anyways, to Fred it was a way to work around the system. Still not sure why there is a difference between Ground and HD anyways, the Ground driver on my route delivers in the resi areas that HD goes to.
  9. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Failed? HD is the fastest growing segment of fedex. They are dumping the logo because they no longer need to advertise the service.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  10. Goldilocks

Goldilocks Well-Known Member

No offense, but that puppy dog looked like a child came up with the idea.
  11. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's horrible. They aren't making anyone take the decals off the trucks. Expect to see them for at least another 10 years...

Sent using BrownCafe App
  12. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

I have a box full of Ground and Home Delivery crap. Key chains, flashlights, water bottles, hats, shirts, toys, etc. Maybe they'll be collector's items someday. :)
  13. Route 66

Route 66 Throbbing Member

collecting in the local landfill right alongside the Zapmail crap and other such classic Federal Express memorabilia.
  14. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Oh I'm sure the puppy dog logo was a real driver when shippers decided on a carrier.
  15. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

Why don't you FedEx it over to HomeDelivery in NJ?
    He's been obsessed with that dog for years posting on many websites asking about the origin of that dog. He'll probably change the oil in your car and tell you everything that is wrong with it too.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

LoL, yeap, we got the news this AM to order new uniforms... i wouldn't mind some of those trinkets since this may be the last year for me.

friggin' amazon taking their time hiring for drivers ~ they're still filling in spots for warehouse human-drones; probably worse than UPS / Fedex warehouse work

i still say HD is way easier than Ground; having a sequenced map printed out in the AM gives me a visual of what my day would be & how far to my 1st stop so i can estimate my off-duty time.

great that most of these contractors are getting P700s & i'm consistently getting done 1-2 hours from my planned estimate

still have rarely any Call Tags or pickups to do as well, so straight-lining galore

hopefully, they won't push those b2b pickups on our division; Ground can keep it

time to fire up the BBQ & actually work on family's vehicles over the weekend; happy fathers day to fellow -Exers:bbq:
  17. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

You don't have to order new uniforms or re-brand trucks; the Home Delivery signage is still OK to use. Just that going forward, no more HD branded items will be available for ordering.
  18. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

yea, we order new uniforms annually around this time anyways... way before peak season starts ~ shrugs
  19. Anthonysg0113

Anthonysg0113 Active Member

Well, I think the the HD thing started when they pushed the Saturday ground delivery. I would see two or three of them delivering when I was on my Sat air route. How do they get away with leaving the bulkhead door open all the time?

Sent using BrownCafe App
  20. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

No Telematics.