GOP confusion over 1st amendment

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by 804brown, Mar 3, 2012.

1. 804brown

804brown Well-Known Member

"Churches, too, were afforded broad protections under the Bill of Rights, but they still must abide by civil laws. For instance, a religion that practices pedophilia or polygamy or fundraising fraud cannot simply assert a blanket right under the First Amendment to do whatever it wants.

Yet, today we’re being told by the Right that religious liberty is boundless and that any moral or religious objection by an employer against giving an employee some specific health benefit trumps the employee’s right to get that medical service. In other words, the religious freedom of the employer should trample the rights of the employee who may have a different moral viewpoint."

Read the entire article:GOP Confusion Over the First Amendment
  2. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Doesn't matter any more. Women are sluts. Rush said so.
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Listen to moreluck--"Just say no".
  4. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Name a religion where polygamy and pedophilia are the accepted liturgy. Both are illegal and not part of main stream religions. They rank right up there with cannibalism!
  5. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Are you familiar with transubstantiation?
  6. moreluck

religiously!....and I don't equate it with the Donner party's last meals.
  7. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

But if you would just believe and have faith............
  8. moreluck

Maybe they had faith and felt they were forgiven for what they had to do to survive.
  9. 804brown

You mean besides mormonism and catholocism?? LOL
  10. moreluck

I DID specify Accepted Liturgy!!! Polygamy is banned by the Mormon Church and it's also illegal. Pedophilia is illegal too and not accepted by the Catholic Church.
  11. bbsam

Not accepted, but not exactly stomped out either.
  12. moreluck

Schools have pedophelia too.....I don't think it's part of the curriculum.
  13. bbsam

Nno school system would ever get away with shuffling pedopheliacs from school to school like the Catholic church did for decades.
  14. klein

klein Für Meno :)

Republicans Gone Wild!!!

By Jayne Dough | Healthy Living – Fri, 2 Mar, 2012

This morning I read the paper; nothing new there. Then I got disgusted; the news was awful and confirms my belief that this election season Republicans have taken leave of their senses!
  15. 804brown

I guess I will have to admit that evolution isnt true. The current gop has proven that DEvolution is true.