GOP Iowa debate (12-15-11)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The biggest surprise was the size of Neil Cavuto's head but he also did pretty well as the moderator.
Everyone was going after Newt who stayed positive and got a few comeback jabs.
Mitt made it through this debate without any real screw ups.
Perry did pretty well and now he can concentrate on the typical media-based campaign. Keep you eye on him and don't count him out.
Ron Paul as always was snarky but dead on ... the only person on that stage I would trust.
Michelle as always is the lying asp beyotch.
Whose the other guy? Can't ever remember his name. Steady as always ... is he the dark horse?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The biggest surprise was the size of Neil Cavuto's head but he also did pretty well as the moderator.
Perry did pretty well and now he can concentrate on the typical media-based campaign. Keep you eye on him and don't count him out.
Ron Paul as always was snarky but dead on ... the only person on that stage I would trust.
Whose the other guy? Can't ever remember his name. Steady as always ... is he the dark horse?

Perry did pretty well as I predicted. He perhaps is the winner in that he performed better than expected more than anyone else.

Paul is consistent....since his day one in politics.

JustTired

free at last.......
I don't know.......I'm having a hard time taking any of them seriously. The only one that comes close is Huntsman. But, I think he gets cheated by the media who tend to go for the "pot stirrers".

In my opinion none of them have much of a chance at beating Obama. The party is too fractured to make an educated decision on who has a chance at winning. I have yet to hear a position on any of the issues that matter to the majority of people. The only thing I hear is that they want to "undo" everything that has been done in the past 3 years. No plan to replace it with anything or nothing said of where that will lead us. Maybe there is a better way to deal with the situation the country is in....but I haven't heard one that makes any sense so far.

I have never been one to vote strictly a "party line" ticket....but somebody has to give me a reason not to. So far it's been a complete failure on the Republican side. And I will say not much better on the Democrat side. Until we get the money out of the election equation or have term limits in congress....it'll only get worse.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't understand why no one makes fun of Huntsman's magic underwear...........they must consider him no threat.

island1fox

I don't know.......I'm having a hard time taking any of them seriously. The only one that comes close is Huntsman. But, I think he gets cheated by the media who tend to go for the "pot stirrers".

In my opinion none of them have much of a chance at beating Obama. The party is too fractured to make an educated decision on who has a chance at winning. I have yet to hear a position on any of the issues that matter to the majority of people. The only thing I hear is that they want to "undo" everything that has been done in the past 3 years. No plan to replace it with anything or nothing said of where that will lead us. Maybe there is a better way to deal with the situation the country is in....but I haven't heard one that makes any sense so far.

I have never been one to vote strictly a "party line" ticket....but somebody has to give me a reason not to. So far it's been a complete failure on the Republican side. And I will say not much better on the Democrat side. Until we get the money out of the election equation or have term limits in congress....it'll only get worse.

Just tired,

I believe we must keep trying until we get a person who can lead and keep their word.

Obama promised Hope and Change. He was not truthful. More of the same --must be thrown out.

If a Repub gets elected and is not truthful--throw them out -0ne term --We can provide term limits.

Do not know what you have been listening to -but :

1. Create jobs in the private sector --Critical.
2. Stop the insane spending --Critical
3. Deal with the staggering debt--Critical
4. Stop pandering to special interests groups--Ex. Canadian pipeline to Houston --even the Unions support the 20,000 plus jobs that will be created and will prevent Canada being forced to sell the oil to China.
5. Tons of regulations and Cost of Obama care stifiling any economic recovery.
6. The failure of the President to create a budget--instability
7. The failure of the President to to create stability as far as Tax reform.

Tired of hearing Repubs blocking the President --When he was elected the Senate and the House were controlled by the Dems --they only shoved Obama care through --not knowing what was in the thousands of pages --but now giving out "dispensations" like candy while costs are skyrocketing.

Four more years on ZERO leadership --just not ready for that.

P.S Purpose of primaries is to vet and find the best candidate --politics is a helmet to helmet sport. Do not have a short memory like many fellow American's -----Hillary and Obama were ripping each other apart along with kicks from Edwards and Biden and many others during the Dem campaign ---Like it or not --both parties close ranks at the finish.

Three years ago in his own words Obama said if He did not fix the economy --vote him out . Time is up--no more on the job training !!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
The GOP usually blocks the Pres. to stop the spending insanity. They draw a line of no more spending and then the pres. cries that the GOP are not playing fair. The GOP has to try to stop the spending....the people are demanding it.

It's a blockade alright.......a blockade to keep him from wild spending.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't know how far Buck's personality will take him this time. Now, he has a known record . Really smart people don't elect a president just because of personality .... at least not a second time.

If there was no persona attached, his record would score -0- as a candidate. He turned out to be the most inexperienced candidate....even less experience than the much-hated Palin.

Palin was a mayor, a governor, understood budgets, headed a militia, made decisions, knew about payrolls, etc. Buck organized and voted 'present'. BFD!