Got a DUI and hailed as hero

born2Bwild

Calm down its not me but a coworker of mine.
The purpose of this thread is to focus on the reaction of others to this rather then the person who got the DUI. I am utterly disappointed with that because it minimize the seriousness of the situation. I don't know if it is thrill of being in the odd side or hailing him or her because is in hot water with management. the ugly sides of dui is that you could have easily killed yourself and changed the life forever of your victims and have bad impact on your loved ones and coworkers.
please, before you start criticize my post reread it and understand where im coming from. your are free to enjoy life but always bear in mind the impact will have on others around you. it is no longer about yourself but think of others too.
have a safe driving out there.

lastoasis

gay16.jpg

A

anonymous6

there is nothing wrong with drinking and driving. i have been doing it since 1974 and have never hurt anyone.

ahhh, the release of peak pressure frustration. Gotta love it. Here we have someone feeling frustrated over DUI issues and our elite dismiss it because peak is over and nothing else seems to matter. BTDT.
The OPs thoughts are not without warrant as we old time posters have discussed this many times with varying conclusions. Maybe that's why we push the idealogy to the side in favor for wise cracks, critiques in writing style and even a down right insult or two. The next logical step is to google up a few stats on the issue to prove or disprove any and all claims and follow up with personal opinions, some name calling and finish with a dead thread to be brought back in a couple of years.
In other words....blah blah blah....yadda yadda yadda.

Carry on my brothers and sisters. And please, PLEASE have a safe and Happy New Year.

OH and BTW, when I said elite I was not being sarcastic nor meaning insult to anyone.

Tex, I simply had no clue what he was trying to say, thus my response.
Oh believe me, I understand what you mean I had to read it a couple of times and add a little speculation it get what I did out of it. I was mainly trying to be funny, not a critic, mainly because I have no intention of being drawn into a discussion over DUIs AGAIN.

over9five

Staff member
Well, I think it was Upstate who let us down. I am used to reading his translation for posts like that!

I am guessing that some of the OPs co-workers cheered another co-worker who received a DUI.

This sounds pretty strange, so I'm going to support the OPs position (I think) which seems to be "Don't drink and drive, and don't cheer when one of your buds does".