Got a DUI and hailed as hero

Raw

Raw Member
.....or drive under the influence of ace, ice-cube,jackpot, baby slits, kabayo, bamps, kryptonite, batu, lady snow, black, lovely, 420, magic mushroom, Mickeys Finn, Mira, boy, nexus, cakes, parachute, china, quad, Crazy Eddie. red caps, dank, seni, shmagma, or stoppers! :sad-little:

rod

Retired 22 years
I would guess at least half the people I know have had a DWI in their life. I'm not saying that is good or funny or the way it should be-- only that that is the way it is. Its not hard to get one now days with the limits being so low (.08) and law enforcement working on the quota system. If there was an accurate way of checking I would say more deaths and accidents were caused by people driving and talking or texting on cell phones than by someone driving that had 3 or 4 beers after work. JMO

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Oh believe me, I understand what you mean I had to read it a couple of times and add a little speculation it get what I did out of it. I was mainly trying to be funny, not a critic, mainly because I have no intention of being drawn into a discussion over DUIs AGAIN.

Dilligaf says we need to use smilies to convey our "funny" intentions.:smart:
Apparently that way our intentions cannot be misconstrued.:tt2:

ol'browneye

.....or drive under the influence of ace, ice-cube,jackpot, baby slits, kabayo, bamps, kryptonite, batu, lady snow, black, lovely, 420, magic mushroom, Mickeys Finn, Mira, boy, nexus, cakes, parachute, china, quad, Crazy Eddie. red caps, dank, seni, shmagma, or stoppers! :sad-little:
and you know this how...?

BTW, I have eaten cake and driven at the same time, no problem!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
some people get the big idea when they get busted the first time.

too many people though are killed by those that have been busted multiple times.

one not too long ago here got pinched for dui for the 20th + time. has not had a drivers license in 15 years or more. but never has let that stop him.

but then again, i posted a while back about a guy that went into a freshly cleaned bathroom at a large store, and pissed all over the floor as he backed out. too many here thought that was just too cool..........

d

Well, I think it was Upstate who let us down. I am used to reading his translation for posts like that!

Ahhhhh, but even the best athlete on the field gets tired from time to time.

I know Trp and his sense of humor as most of us do. :tt2:
Thank you Ms.Gaf

and you know this how...?

BTW, I have eaten cake and driven at the same time, no problem!
Any behind the wheel distraction can be deadly.
some people get the big idea when they get busted the first time.

too many people though are killed by those that have been busted multiple times.

one not too long ago here got pinched for dui for the 20th + time. has not had a drivers license in 15 years or more. but never has let that stop him.

but then again, i posted a while back about a guy that went into a freshly cleaned bathroom at a large store, and pissed all over the floor as he backed out. too many here thought that was just too cool..........

d

The rewarding of bad behavior only feeds the desire to be bad.

Frunobulax

I, too, had trouble navigating the murky prose of the original post, but after reading it through (with lips moving) a second time what I found more disturbing than the presentation was the apparent attitude that moved the poster to share his cri de coeur in the first place: that is, that someone, somewhere, under conditions and circumstances unclear and unknown, thought that getting a DUI was behavior worthy of being "hailed." Even in the old "slap-on-the-wrist," "now-be- careful-driving-home-I'll-let-you-off-with-a-warning" days, now long gone, I don't recall anyone being hailed for such anti-social behavior. Nor, indeed, do I recall the perpetrator placing this distinction prominently on his or her resume. More context please.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

cri de coeur

An impassioned outcry, appeal, protest or entreaty.

Cry from the heart.

BTW, judging from your 5 posts thus far, I bet you had a helluva lot of billable hours for your law firm.:wink2: